Radiator change - E90

Re: Radiator change - E90

My radiator hose at the side of the engine busted 5 minutes ago.

Do u have any recommended workshop located at Ubi?

Pls pm me bros.

Guy, speedhaus only charged me 100 for 1 hose n coolant n labor. That is dirt cheap!!!

Eng soon charged 70 for the hose without installation n coolant.

I'm going to speedhaus to do everything there now.

Highly recommended.

That is really cheap.buy hose and coolant i think is close to 100 already.good for you bro.u can mod your car there too

Can anyone please help me shift this post to E90?

After fixing my radiator hose, there was a small leak and we can't detect where the leak was, so I Googled and found a cheaper leak solution: k-seal. It's 29.90 at autobacs. It's good for small and slow leaks.

Hi bro, this is a good stop-gap / temp measure. But it may lead to bigger problems down the road if you gonna keep this car.

All these stop leak additive last only for a while. You still have to find and fix the root of the problem.

Been there done that.

tanwzhang;1086217 said:
After fixing my radiator hose, there was a small leak and we can't detect where the leak was, so I Googled and found a cheaper leak solution: k-seal. It's 29.90 at autobacs. It's good for small and slow leaks.

How long is a while bro?

My car only left 2 years.

29.90 is a cheap fix. Every time I change any hose, it's 100+ bucks compared to 29.90.

tanwzhang;1086232 said:
How long is a while bro?

My car only left 2 years.

29.90 is a cheap fix. Every time I change any hose, it's 100+ bucks compared to 29.90.

Depend on your situation lol.

For my case, if my car left less than 6 mths or planning to change ride in next few months, then I will say save the $ and just use this stop leak fix.

I tried these type on my other rides before, the stop leak is good for couple of months, then leak gets bigger.

Two years still quite long way to go. Take care of your ride and it will take care of you :)

But the problem is: I bought the car to 2 different well known BMW workshops and they still can't fix the problem. They changed the 2 main hose and smaller water pipes but the leak still remains. They even did the pressure test on the radiator but still can't detect the small leak.
I topped up 1.5 litres of water after 1 month repair from the 2nd BMW workshop. Then now I use k-seal. I will update u the results after a few months.

If u can tell me what to do to fix the problem, I'll be more than happy to do it. But now I have no choice but to use k seal.

tanwzhang;1086308 said:
But the problem is: I bought the car to 2 different well known BMW workshops and they still can't fix the problem. They changed the 2 main hose and smaller water pipes but the leak still remains. They even did the pressure test on the radiator but still can't detect the small leak.
I topped up 1.5 litres of water after 1 month repair from the 2nd BMW workshop. Then now I use k-seal. I will update u the results after a few months.

If u can tell me what to do to fix the problem, I'll be more than happy to do it. But now I have no choice but to use k seal.

Sounds weird,
Leaking so much water should have signs of dried up and water stains.
I am guess it's at the back of the hose around the top of the engine.

Hmmm. Top of the engine...

I don't see any white stains on the top.

Normally when coolant dried up, it will leave white stains.

I might be missing something... ? Maybe u can help me to identify the location in a pic for me? That would be greatly appreciated.
:)

tanwzhang said:
But the problem is: I bought the car to 2 different well known BMW workshops and they still can't fix the problem.

Which two well-known workshops?

Let's just say if u wanna fix your radiator leak problems, go to m & q tampines. Don't go anywhere else. :)

tanwzhang said:
Let's just say if u wanna fix your radiator leak problems, go to m & q tampines. Don't go anywhere else. :)

I fixed mine at R2D. Previously at BVO. No issue as well. I guess they are not so well-known.

tanwzhang;1086340 said:

Really ah? My definition of a good workshop is one where people will travel a long way, even cross the border, to get to. And keep going back even if more and more people have bad experiences there.

I went up North yesterday to fix my B8 shocks and EBC brake pads.

R2D expects u to pay parking fees. Cheapskate

Hi Canuck78, the diagram shows E66 engine block. Mine is a e90. Is it the same?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88com1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back