recomendation to do BMW audio system

Re: recomendation to do BMW audio system

DRV;356387 said:
Did you change the underseat subs?

Yes brudder. All the front stock speakers changed plus adding of a 4 channel amp :) All Italian stuff ya

Hee hee, all italian except the car... sigh.

Next time I'm going for Italian car... either Maser, Fellali, or Lambo. Hahaha

Did a simple upgrade to m E60 LCI as could not stand the horrible stock any more.
Changed the front & rear to 4" Morel 2-ways, and the underseat to 6.5" Rainbow X-plain, driven by a 5 ch Balupunkt - no cutting anything at all ... not high-end, but soooo much better

jeronlee;367424 said:
anyone tried foon audio garage (along macpherson rd)?

if its the one inside a small lane...beside a coffeeshop, then i would suggest you look elsewhere. A totally run of the mill installer.

to DRV and blink_er,
just wanted to know what system was fitted for $3k+ , am also looking to upgrade from stock for my E92

thanks

jvhuiz,

Basic upgrade is to change the 4 front speakers and 2 underseat subs, and add amplifier to drive them. This upgrade can cost from

jeronlee;367424 said:
anyone tried foon audio garage (along macpherson rd)?

Don't know them but IMHO, go for shops that regularly do BMWs... especially if you're changing the underseat subs 'cos it involves taking apart the seats, and if you're sensitive to things like rattles etc post installation.

Many will say they can do BMWs but few are really good at it, especially the newer BMs. Already spend so much on the car, don't save on quality workmanship.

Read the entire post and you will have a good idea of which are the shops the bros here have done and recommend.

DRV;368107 said:
Don't know them but IMHO, go for shops that regularly do BMWs... especially if you're changing the underseat subs 'cos it involves taking apart the seats, and if you're sensitive to things like rattles etc post installation.

Many will say they can do BMWs but few are really good at it, especially the newer BMs. Already spend so much on the car, don't save on quality workmanship.

Read the entire post and you will have a good idea of which are the shops the bros here have done and recommend.

thanks for the advice. i've actually called them up to enquire about ipod connection. that's something i need to sort out before i further invest in ICE cos i'm a person with very short attention span so i like to keep changing tracks and uploading new songs to my ipod. without an ipod in my ride, i may just live with the stock sound since i'll be on radio 90% of the time.

you are so right about the installers, i haven't met anyone that will say they are not familiar with BMWs. :lol:

thanks for the suggestions and feedback,

i guess i would like to spend that little bit more for a system that i can differentiate from stock. that'll be the primary criteria. and you've also hit the point that a knowledgeable installer is preferred. with the amount of $$$ we've spent on the car, to see it torn apart and then comes back 'damaged' well that's just plain painful. pay a bit more for the ease of mind that it's done a good job.

so far soundwerkz looks like a credible candidate. will go and check them out. thanks again!!!

jvhuiz, no problems...

Actually any aftermarket ICE will sound better than stock... hahaha :)
Really, the stock is that bad...

ICE works in a typical S-curve... if you spend too little, the increments not great, then in the mid section, every investment is gold... at the end, diminishing returns again... so it's easy to get a good system spending say between 3k to 8k but after that you have to spend a shocking amount to get perfection.

SMP;360187 said:
Did a simple upgrade to m E60 LCI as could not stand the horrible stock any more.
Changed the front & rear to 4" Morel 2-ways, and the underseat to 6.5" Rainbow X-plain, driven by a 5 ch Balupunkt - no cutting anything at all ... not high-end, but soooo much better
Hi SMP

My E60 is only 1 week old and I'm starting to miss my previous sound system in the S80! :(

Mind sharing where you got your stuff installed, the price and would it void the warranty? Tks!

allow me to hijack the thread, though i think is relevant.

i have 2 really good bang-for-the-buck amps. Each is a 2 channel. Each channel pumps out 225rms. Comes with original packing box.

i also have a 12" dual voice coil subwoofer, with customised sub-box. Comes with original packing box too.

oh...those with stock headunit...i also have a totally un-used David Navone LOC (or high-low converter in layman speak). Navone is one of the godfathers of ICE. This LOC can convert your signal adjustable to 12v, which is way ahead of many above-average branded headunits.

I am looking to offload all these at one go.

keen buyers can drop me PM.

purchase comes with money back guarantee i.e. if the stuff doesnt work, i give u money back.
but once installed, my liabilities are over.
also come with free advice , architecture planning etc.

so...you can just buy a good pair of component speakers...get them installed for less than $3k in total i believe.

jvhuiz;368035 said:
to DRV and blink_er,
just wanted to know what system was fitted for $3k+ , am also looking to upgrade from stock for my E92

thanks

Hi Jvhuiz, I do not know exactly what stuff they installed into my e90. But i know all are from italian brand Herzt. Very decent sound for me..much much better than my stock sound. Very neat wirings and installation. I might be go back to add a subwoofer soon probably can go down together.

I can see soundwerkz is very experience with Beemers. They are the ONLY one that actually able to tell me what are the speakers size for different series of Beemers. I think they should have no problem on yr e92. They showed me the installation photos of a recently done up 335i convertible :)

thanks blink_er for the reply,

would the inclusion of the subwoofer improve on quality of music?

or you kanna mod virus?

blink_er;368306 said:
Hi Jvhuiz, I do not know exactly what stuff they installed into my e90. But i know all are from italian brand Herzt. Very decent sound for me..much much better than my stock sound. Very neat wirings and installation. I might be go back to add a subwoofer soon probably can go down together.

I can see soundwerkz is very experience with Beemers. They are the ONLY one that actually able to tell me what are the speakers size for different series of Beemers. I think they should have no problem on yr e92. They showed me the installation photos of a recently done up 335i convertible :)

erm.... i doubt they are the ONLY one.
soundwerkz is in fact relatively new compared to the likes of cartoon, jason, hong guan, not to even mention Sam.

jvhuiz;368350 said:

a highly reputable old bird in the local ice DIY scene once said.... not having a sub is like eating chicken rice without the chilli. You can get by, but its not complete.

in actual fact, getting a sub to work nicely in sound quality is extremely difficult.
it has to be accurate, and the gain etc has to be right.

heydee;368212 said:
Hi SMP

My E60 is only 1 week old and I'm starting to miss my previous sound system in the S80! :(

Mind sharing where you got your stuff installed, the price and would it void the warranty? Tks!

heydee,

you got PM

jvhuiz;368350 said:

or you kanna mod virus?

Bro, not kanna virus lah..just find that someting is missing on the lower section of the music and bass not strong enough :)

oneHeadlight said:
erm.... i doubt they are the ONLY one.
soundwerkz is in fact relatively new compared to the likes of cartoon, jason, hong guan, not to even mention Sam.

True..maybe during that time i didn't check all those you mentioned for a simple upgrade, but those i check either gave me a ridiculous high price or simply sounded unfamiliar with bmws. But anyway, it a fair deal i got from them, in terms of result and their workmanship ya.

Cheers

anyone can tell me where to get the panel to replace the original HU with 1 Din aftermarket HU for E39?

thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u888events
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back