Resale E60 is so hot now

Re: Resale E60 is so hot now

Kv Chia;881327 said:
Hi!!!

First of all, i am not from singapore. Im from Brunei. It's because we dont have a local BMW forum or group here so i decided to register and join this club..

I am about to buy a 2/1/2 year old BMW 525i, local 12k mileage only.. selling for 54k bn dollar.. Is it worth it? New bmw 3 series selling for $69800 for 320i luxury, diesel and sport.. ermm still wonder should i get the 2nd hand bmw 525i or New 2012 320i! pls advice

ALot of my friend kept telling me to buy the 2nd hand Lexus GS300. V6 engine much faster.. 8k cheaper.. but then i still want the bmw 525i.... i know i am not in the right forum to compare but i decided the 525i as its only 12k mileage.. wooooo

I went and see sgcarmart.com and saw bmw in sg is charged 1.8k for road tax? OMG... it's like 52 dollar here ............... sg government really know how to chop pork chop!!!

wah so cheap.... quickly buy!!!! :D

Hi bro , pls kindly advise your Brunei embassitor to reflect your valuable opinion to our lovely government ok ? Beside , only 70k for a brand new 320i ?! Omg , I am so envy of u bro !!!

QUOTE=Kv Chia;881327]Hi!!!

First of all, i am not from singapore. Im from Brunei. It's because we dont have a local BMW forum or group here so i decided to register and join this club..

I am about to buy a 2/1/2 year old BMW 525i, local 12k mileage only.. selling for 54k bn dollar.. Is it worth it? New bmw 3 series selling for $69800 for 320i luxury, diesel and sport.. ermm still wonder should i get the 2nd hand bmw 525i or New 2012 320i! pls advice

ALot of my friend kept telling me to buy the 2nd hand Lexus GS300. V6 engine much faster.. 8k cheaper.. but then i still want the bmw 525i.... i know i am not in the right forum to compare but i decided the 525i as its only 12k mileage.. wooooo

I went and see sgcarmart.com and saw bmw in sg is charged 1.8k for road tax? OMG... it's like 52 dollar here ............... sg government really know how to chop pork chop!!![/QUOTE]

Hi guys.. im posting the pics now.. need advice... i dont have experience in buying 2nd hand car or beamer..
help me see whether it's worth buying.. Im going to take more pics of the interior and engine .. Not today..but soon.

I forgot the ask the seller how much is the HP.. a 2/1/2 year old car as shown in the road tax however
this is without sunroof and also the press to start is not available.. dang!

8e9fdfca.jpg

2b5d30b1.jpg

cef476f0.jpg

7ae77e41.jpg

9c9f718c.jpg

KV Chia, if my 老花眼 didn't fail me, that is a pre-LCI, which means it is 2007 and before, so car can't be 2.5 years old. Check again!

wah full tank of petrol...dealer so generous

NB I got mine, whether used or new..at less than 1/4 tank!

It a pre-LCI 525i. In Sg last batch should be early 07 car leh. This is import used car in Brunei?

Hi guys, i just found out that the dealer sort of cheated on one..

This is an import car from singapore. The make is 2006. However, the problem is not in singapore. It is when
the car is imported here and the lady owner actually reset the mileage. No history of the used in singaproe in the blue card. It's just stamped, one owner used 2/1/2 years thats it. No one even the dealer is able to track the total mileage/ number of owners etc.. (Sg + Bn)

Thanks guys. I also suspected something is fishy. We bruneians only important singapore cars because japanese car had been banned for resetting mileage/ reducing mileage and as well the recent tsunami incident.

Now my option is:-

1) CLOSE my eyes. and take the car. the car is actually VERY new.. interior + exterior.. just disappointingly the HP is not the LCI but the pre-lci . No pushto start and no sunroof.. how sad.. Acceleration definetly will loose to any is250/300 or gs 250/300.

2) Take a brand new BMW 320i Sport, luxury or sedan cause it's only 69800. 4.5% per annum interest.. Less maintenace cost as well cause it's brand new. My second hand Bmw 525i is already 54k... add 15k lor ... OR take lexus is300 which cost 65k

3) Alternately take another model of car and log off from this forum.. sounds pretty bad.... not my ideal way of thinking

I'm still stuck with my toyota vios then.. arggg.. so sad

Brand new 320 (new model too!) with warranty for 15k more vs a > 6 years old 525 with unknown mileage... No brainer isn't it? Don't forget the repair and replacement costs for the 6 year old car.

Yeah! you are right! buy 320i Sport .. no need worry about those tick tick tak tak sound... GREAT! BMW here i come.. -.- oh man..
too much loan.. everyday eat maggee mee

is leaking of engine oil very normal for E60? omg been 2 weeks since i got my car and found a couple of problems already.

1) injection coil spoilt
2) engine mounting spoilt
3) workshop told me that there is leakage of engine oil

Pls dun let the list go on!!!

Kv Chia;881657 said:
Hi guys, i just found out that the dealer sort of cheated on one..

This is an import car from singapore. The make is 2006. However, the problem is not in singapore. It is when
the car is imported here and the lady owner actually reset the mileage. No history of the used in singaproe in the blue card. It's just stamped, one owner used 2/1/2 years thats it. No one even the dealer is able to track the total mileage/ number of owners etc.. (Sg + Bn)

Thanks guys. I also suspected something is fishy. We bruneians only important singapore cars because japanese car had been banned for resetting mileage/ reducing mileage and as well the recent tsunami incident.

Now my option is:-

1) CLOSE my eyes. and take the car. the car is actually VERY new.. interior + exterior.. just disappointingly the HP is not the LCI but the pre-lci . No pushto start and no sunroof.. how sad.. Acceleration definetly will loose to any is250/300 or gs 250/300.

2) Take a brand new BMW 320i Sport, luxury or sedan cause it's only 69800. 4.5% per annum interest.. Less maintenace cost as well cause it's brand new. My second hand Bmw 525i is already 54k... add 15k lor ... OR take lexus is300 which cost 65k

3) Alternately take another model of car and log off from this forum.. sounds pretty bad.... not my ideal way of thinking

I'm still stuck with my toyota vios then.. arggg.. so sad

all the best in your search................................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

The dealer kept saying the lady owner in Brunei bought tr car first hand at Singapore while the mileage was 0 and never reset.

1. Who is so dumb to buy a 2004-2006 model all the way from Singapore in the year 2009. Isn't car in Brunei cheaper?

Guys just wanna check. What is the possibility of a lady owner to reset the mileage on a e60?
Is it possible?

Pls advice.

Regards

Most likely is the agent who reset the mileage or the dealer here who exported the car from here did it.

blacktrek;881589 said:
It a pre-LCI 525i. In Sg last batch should be early 07 car leh. This is import used car in Brunei?

What is pre LCI & what does it stand for. Also what are the major difference?
Thanks.

IS250C;882437 said:
What is pre LCI & what does it stand for. Also what are the major difference?
Thanks.

LCI : Life Cycle Improvement

* or Low Cost Improvement
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

nothingman;881845 said:
is leaking of engine oil very normal for E60? omg been 2 weeks since i got my car and found a couple of problems already.

1) injection coil spoilt
2) engine mounting spoilt
3) workshop told me that there is leakage of engine oil

Pls dun let the list go on!!!

Bro. What is the symptom of engine mount failure? Is is can feel engine vibration when holding steering wheel during idling rpm?
What is the estimated cost of replacing the mounting?
Thanks

IS250C;882443 said:
Bro. What is the symptom of engine mount failure? Is is can feel engine vibration when holding steering wheel during idling rpm?
What is the estimated cost of replacing the mounting?
Thanks
Engine mount nngearbox mount comes together I think n normally changed together. It's not ex. The mounting coz less than 200 I think n labour ard 300 the last time I ask at a normal old sch BMW workshop. Yes worn mounting u may experience vibration.

Terras14;882455 said:
Engine mount nngearbox mount comes together I think n normally changed together. It's not ex. The mounting coz less than 200 I think n labour ard 300 the last time I ask at a normal old sch BMW workshop. Yes worn mounting u may experience vibration.

did mine e60 2008 for $400+ few months back for 4pcs of mounting

engine oil leakage to brake booster and brake pump as quoted by workshop.
Shown and proven, oil in the booster. As my brake are not responsive at all at that point of time, agreed to replace the two items.. bill show 1.5k.. i feel i tio choppp..

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back