Siblings knocked down by cement mixer lorry at Tampines......

Re: Siblings knocked down by cement mixer lorry at Tampines......

who requested for the live feed?

Ending Liao, I'm going off now.... It's now the viewing hall...

Up on a bridge meeting their quota .....

MW;950954 said:
You know, after all these years of people complaining abt speeding trucks and lorries and also road hogging by them..which is getting worse, you would think TP or LTA will step up enforcement actions but every morning during rush hour when road hogging, F1 style driving and speeding by trucks and lorries are at its WORST, I dun see any around..and where are they early in the morning?

Here...

View attachment 46716

This TP really....."Jiak Leow Mee"!!!

MW;950954 said:
You know, after all these years of people complaining abt speeding trucks and lorries and also road hogging by them..which is getting worse, you would think TP or LTA will step up enforcement actions but every morning during rush hour when road hogging, F1 style driving and speeding by trucks and lorries are at its WORST, I dun see any around..and where are they early in the morning?

Here...

View attachment 46716

They cannot work under HOT sun!

Mockngbrd;950641 said:
Understand that pictures are circulating online. But pls do not post the pictures here. thnx. str8 ban.

..tks Mock.

Black Beauuuty;952099 said:
I thought I was late. Esp after bumping into my white cayenne girl pal along the way.

So i overtook the silly a5. I realized I was on time as I turned unto mandai road into the convoy heading to the columbarium.

It is sobering as service starts now.

...so contradicting w the subject here right? Btw, what is wrong with A5..?

Chocs;952543 said:

...so contradicting w the subject here right? Btw, what is wrong with A5..?

The A5 is "silly"... she said

jasonmaxima;951080 said:
The government spending millions on erp, speed cameras, sniper trained cop on top bridges antics.... Kum lan ah.... Why not pass a law....

Death / injury caused by motor vehicle / reckless driving = manslaughter charge. I think speeders will think twice....

Ya. This is what our govt should do. Look at now a day those heavy veh, commercial veh driving at high speed, speeding along the outest lane of the expressway...

I urge the govt to impose heavy penalty on those reckless driver.

Black Beauuuty;952575 said:
(Paced, tailgated, look look look)4

...oh, so tt is silly? Den u not silly ? Grieving parents sending their boys off, u here live telecast ..got their permission or u like it anot if u r in their shoes? U aspiring newscaster or wad?

Ivan Chan;952583 said:
Ya. This is what our govt should do. Look at now a day those heavy veh, commercial veh driving at high speed, speeding along the outest lane of the expressway...

I urge the govt to impose heavy penalty on those reckless driver.

Yes, pls come to Tuas and take a look, lots of Merc, Audi, Bim racing with them.

BlackBeauuuty, while we understand your good intentions to show up, we have to spare a thought for the family of the deceased boys. They are going through a lot and I don't think they wanted to have this broadcasted. Its just that the damn fcuking media people are all over them, so don't join the ranks of those annoying reporters. I had a friend who passed away in the NAVY RSS Courageous accident about 10 years ago and trust me some reporters are the most fcuking irritating annoying hopeless brainless bastards around.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is a road within a neighborhood and not some expressway. It is a traffic light and if it is green man, pedestrian always have right of way and motorist must always keep proper lookout. The driver must be severely punished though it does not bring back the lives of 2 boys. But it must serve to deter such incidents from happening in future. Company which owns such trucks, cement mixers, lorries can impose harsh penalties on their driver.

Nowadays accidents involving trucks, buses, lorries are becoming common sight. The only reason that I could think of that LTA has allowed such atrocities is in imposing harsher punishment to these truck drivers and their companies, it would indirectly increase construction cost that will affect govt projects and deliverables.

Shev;952979 said:
It is a road within a neighborhood and not some expressway. It is a traffic light and if it is green man, pedestrian always have right of way and motorist must always keep proper lookout. The driver must be severely punished though it does not bring back the lives of 2 boys. But it must serve to deter such incidents from happening in future. Company which owns such trucks, cement mixers, lorries can impose harsh penalties on their driver.

Nowadays accidents involving trucks, buses, lorries are becoming common sight. The only reason that I could think of that LTA has allowed such atrocities is in imposing harsher punishment to these truck drivers and their companies, it would indirectly increase construction cost that will affect govt projects and deliverables.

easier said than done... just let the matter rest..

Sprawler;952981 said:
easier said than done... just let the matter rest..

Sprawler, today cement mixer kill 2 boys at traffic junction in neighborhood, tomorrow another truck can mount kerb and kill anybody?

Shev;952983 said:
Sprawler, today cement mixer kill 2 boys at traffic junction in neighborhood, tomorrow another truck can mount kerb and kill anybody?

Ranting on the forum wont make anything better. You are perhaps just making things worse..? just let this issue pass and these 2 boys rest in peace.

Sprawler;952991 said:
Ranting on the forum wont make anything better. You are perhaps just making things worse..? just let this issue pass and these 2 boys rest in peace.

Ranting?? What do you think the parents of the 2 boys want most now? Their father said he hope Everyone will drive safely.

Did you notice those trucks on the roads today? Extremely well behaved! Why? Because TP woke up and start noticing them!
If you have not realized, observe for the next few weeks.

Easier said than done?? The garmen definitely has the authority and resources to control and prevent such atrocities.

Come on, you must be kidding yourself if you say that there will be peace to everyone including the boys, their parents if no action is taken to prevent such heartbreaking incident from reoccurring!

Shev;952999 said:
Ranting?? What do you think the parents of the 2 boys want most now? Their father said he hope Everyone will drive safely.

Did you notice those trucks on the roads today? Extremely well behaved! Why? Because TP woke up and start noticing them!
If you have not realized, observe for the next few weeks.

Easier said than done?? The garmen definitely has the authority and resources to control and prevent such atrocities.

Come on, you must be kidding yourself if you say that there will be peace to everyone including the boys, their parents if no action is taken to prevent such heartbreaking incident from reoccurring!

While I can empathize with the tragic accident which happened a few days ago, the subsequent reaction from the media and ordinary Singaporeans have blown things out of proportion. It was an accident, made more newsworthy because it involved 2 young children. If it involved two middle aged men, would it really have garnered such attention? Many accidents happening day in day out. People die as well. Move on.

Different people grieve differently - some with sadness, some with indignation, some with outrage. Truth be told, dozens if not hundreds of people will get killed on the roads anywhere, if not in Singapore. It would only be right and respectful to the family of the bereaved and also to the memories of the deceased that we do not politicize, nor end up bickering over, their tragic passing.

But, if the deaths of these 2 boys can bring about a change in the attitude of the LTA, i.e move their Eye of Sauron away from modded exhausts and tinted windows and turn instead towards the hulking beasts of metal that ravage our streets and flaunt the basic rules of road safety, then, their deaths would not have been in vain.

RIP boys, at least in heaven, the streets are safe for you to cycle :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unshortennet1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back