Siblings knocked down by cement mixer lorry at Tampines......

Re: Siblings knocked down by cement mixer lorry at Tampines......

The government spending millions on erp, speed cameras, sniper trained cop on top bridges antics.... Kum lan ah.... Why not pass a law....

Death / injury caused by motor vehicle / reckless driving = manslaughter charge. I think speeders will think twice....

Perhaps it may sound too harsh... Eye for an eye... But say a family losing a sole bread winner because of someone else foolish behaviour, then seeing that driver be fined an thats it????

We have read in the last 5 years of drunk drivers plowing into and killing / injuring cyclists, freak accidents like the one mentioned above, lorry vs female motorbiker etc etc... Bet you these drivers get a fine and maybe a few weeks jail time.

But those youths with parangs going to downtown east for gang fights, stabbings.... Caning + a few years jail.

I have seen those caucasian ladies who drive ginormous suvs oblivious to speed limits imposed on our roads and even in private condo estates with young kids / maids walking dogs / residents taking a leisurely stroll etc.

Just today as i was heading towards bukit timah plaza, a cement mixer was passed me doing easily 90km/h along bukit timah.

Why can't our laws be amended to classify as such.... Law minister, president scholar... Wake up your blardy idea instead of earning million dollar salaries and 'worrying' about which exotic destination you'll be taking your family for school holidays.... Pui....

Last edited by a moderator:

People using the pavement can be a toddler or a 80 years old senior citizen. You can ride fast and well but you cannot gurantee that the pedestrian wont make an unexpected move.

detach8;951074 said:
Like I said, choice is there. Ride fast and go on road, or slow down and get on pavement. Rider's choice mah. If on road kena langah and die, don't say detach8 never warn you. ANyway with people on pavement and uneven pathway I doubt cyclists can go very fast either.

whatever it is lah, we can argue till the cows come home whether cyclists or motorists are to blame for accidents or near-misses...most important is we just be alittle patient and alert, and let these people (cyclists, trucks, pedestrians who anyhow cross roads or cross roads while playing hp etc etc.. the list goes on..) pass through no matter whether they have right of way or not.

At least you can sleep better at night knowing you aren't going through wat tat truck driver is going through now when he saw the gruesome scene after he alighted from his truck after hitting the 2 kids... (whether he was right or wrong..)

This is social education and we aren't the teachers... honking at them or trying to swipe them (like tat cb lorry who swiped the girl on motorbike) aren't going to help...

speedyj;951038 said:
davidtch.. pls read the note at th end..most cyclist dont do ur spd anyway..and of course with rd bikes we know its dumb to be on pavements.
I don't have road bike. I only have Brompton. For racing bike, 30km/h is newbie speed le.

zorro;951072 said:
Riding a fast rd bike at high speed on a pavement is a dangerous act and a hazard to pedestrian!
Not achievable lah. By the time you hit 30km/h, end of pavement.

MW;951087 said:
whatever it is lah, we can argue till the cows come home whether cyclists or motorists are to blame for accidents or near-misses...most important is we just be alittle patient and alert, and let these people (cyclists, trucks, pedestrians who anyhow cross roads or cross roads while playing hp etc etc.. the list goes on..) pass through no matter whether they have right of way or not.
There are lots of pedestrian like this.
[video=youtube_share;ztiDSNHmaAc]http://youtu.be/ztiDSNHmaAc[/video]

what if green light in both vehicles favor?

cement5jpg1359441641767-data.jpg

That's why I like Eco Pro mode so much. Slow acceleration, pick up machiam like a Picanto (no offense to Picanto drivers here) on E10 fuel, and auto start/stop at every traffic light - so as to allow every irresponsible cyclist to continue cycling across the junction while they should have dismounted & be pushing their bikes across....

I don't argue with these non-road-tax-paying-cyclist-bullies - whenever an accident happens, the driver of a car will always be at the losing end (unless you're Woffles Wu, but that's a different story for a different Law Minister to explain).

aiyah, all of us are internet heros arguing over whats right or wrong lah...

If one day we actually bang someone and even if its the person's fault for dashing out, I confirm from then onwards, your driving pattern will be the subject of many STOMPers saying u road hog, slow coach etc

MW;951106 said:
aiyah, all of us are internet heros arguing over whats right or wrong lah...

If one day we actually bang someone and even if its the person's fault for dashing out, I confirm from then onwards, your driving pattern will be the subject of many STOMPers saying u road hog, slow coach etc
I have been driving like a road hogger in MSCP and traffic light junction despite got in-car camera. Quad confirm that there is no gungho cyclist or pedestian. I only drive fast on Expressway & NSH. I might be stomp already.

You ain't nobody until you're on Stomp.

... said no-one ever.

KNN you guys. Two lives lost, and we are talking about rights (and wrongs)......

kenntona;951124 said:
KNN you guys. Two lives lost, and we are talking about rights (and wrongs)......

I never lah. I said I always assume the driver (ie. moi) to be in the wrong, by virtue of the fact that there's just more metal on my side (hence, less sympathy from the mob). I Eco Pro champion.

one just started primary one. the other starting secondary school. both going into new phases of their young lives.

life is short. and unpredictable. so always remember to live today without regrets...

deepest condolences to his family.

Goodness, what a small world. Their parents is a close friend of my colleague of 15 years. Just heard.

I thought I was late. Esp after bumping into my white cayenne girl pal along the way.

So i overtook the silly a5. I realized I was on time as I turned unto mandai road into the convoy heading to the columbarium.

It is sobering as service starts now.

The hall is filled with people. Overflowing in fact. Some known to the family, others unknown. Hundreds of uniformed SAF personnel stand outside, forming thick lines and walls of support.

If there was any way we could share their pain, I know so many of us would.

Strains of Amazing Grace fill the hall as the two brown coffins lie before us, with many flowers and toys on them, gestures of love and concern.

Black Beauuuty said:
I thought I was late. Esp after bumping into my white cayenne girl pal along the way.

So i overtook the silly a5. I realized I was on time as I turned unto mandai road into the convoy heading to the columbarium.

It is sobering as service starts now.

Huh ................ ???

Black Beauuuty's stories a lot of "colour" one... very long winded :silenced:

They are reading out a testimony note Nigel Yap wrote some time back. On how much his parents and grandparents love him, how his hyperactive behavior got turned around, how he started going to church, etc.

A very simple family, and very together just days ago.

The parents are sobbing silently into handkerchiefs and they look at their once bubbly children lie quiet there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back