Some words from your admin...

Re: Some words from your admin...

Radon39 said:
guess the point you making is that we are no newbies, i have even beeen called OLd...but then, is cos we respect the way things used to be and only accept that kind of quality. the newbies with whatsoever background may not know that culture and thus try to shake things up and then the fun starts.

Yes, the culture per se is impt

You old meh? Dr. Ash says you still young leh. BTW, one girl says she likes my George Clooney's tone. Song.

"UNLIKE"

Puke puke puke ..............

tofumonkey;993344 said:
hehe. gam siah very much.

though ecology is also about the survival of the fittest? so the weakest get weed out meh?
tat's why we intervene at (self-assumed) appropriate times. To ensure the weak have a chance to grow and nurture.

but when shit hits the fan, take the mop out and clear shit lor.

Protectionism of the weak?

Perhaps its good intentions... but to what extent? We groom a strawberry generation wanting spoonfeeding?

I have another contructive feedback for the admin team. Separate section for the kidgloving. Amnesty for a month. Then welcome to the real world. Though i believe ppl grow up faster in adverse environments. Character building.

Radon! u make me want to poke my eyes out.

Meek;993364 said:
Perhaps its good intentions... but to what extent? We groom a strawberry generation wanting spoonfeeding?

Not spoonfeeding, but grooming instead.

Real life example: when noob ask the same old basic questions. we can just say: "Use the search function. it's all there. "
We don't advocate hand holding by copy & paste every ding dong that was discussed for them.
How about this culture? Play nice. But don't spoon feed?

Now before MW report me for going back to old topic, I already gave Ryan some choices for BBQ venue:
1) Ryan's Living Room
2) Ryan's bedroom
3) Ryan's Kitchen
4) On top of Ryan's lambo

Not sure what he will choose lar.. hehe...

u know wats gonna happen...sooner or later, we gonna ignore, then noobies gonna kpkb say bmw ppl sibei proud.....u can never please ppl....that is why, i say

do what is RIGHT, NOT POPULAR!

I guess I could share my experience from a different social perspective, if this is only unique to me.

Say if I were to attend a black tie event. All socialites, the who-and-who. No nonsense. I will thread carefully throughout and blend in by following (or pretend to follow) topics from Sentosa properties to the newest F458. Boring and atas? Yes, but I have to figure and feel out the undertone of the function.

Then I attend a company event. Same, less formal but I still have to thread carefully, learning along the way. Boring, yes, but I respect the bigger cultural undertone. I adapt, or pretend to.

Am I the ONLY ONE thinking and behaving this way?

I doubt so.

Do I need to be "protected" to the black-tie event or the company function?

Of course, when I attend a friend's party with all animals and full of nonsense, it is different. I blend in by showing my natural self. Pour beer on chicks and play strip poker with the girls and what not.

Cause I have already know who they are and their naughty culture.

Meek;993364 said:

I have another contructive feedback for the admin team. Separate section for the kidgloving. Amnesty for a month. Then welcome to the real world. Though i believe ppl grow up faster in adverse environments. Character building.
I believe a lot of ppl nvr do research on things they buy. B4 i bought E39, i have been lurking here for a long time. Despite not getting much support on E39 here, there are things i could learn & improvise on.

Correct Ken, when we are not sure of culture, we read and then we slowly assimilate. We dun start behaving like some freshie out of jail disrespecting the predecessors of the place. Is called basic etiquette...

no wonder Singa resign

radon39;993374 said:
correct ken, when we are not sure of culture, we read and then we slowly assimilate. We dun start behaving like some freshie out of jail disrespecting the predecessors of the place. Is called basic etiquette...

No wonder singa resign

OMFG, SINGA resigned!?!?!?!?!?! How can!?!?!

kenntona;993361 said:
"UNLIKE"

Puke puke puke ..............

As professional.......... please dun quote that infrt of your clients.......

Kenn, agree with you in needing to adapt to the changes, or pretend to like it.

on the same note, we attend and pretend to like the 'atas' function because we have to. do we want to? not really.

So from our perspective, we want the 'function' to be the wild, happening party that everyone enjoys. pouring beer over hot chicks and what's what. AND not needing to fear that someone will come bite our ass off.

On the same note, if some freshies comes in and tries some monkey business (pun intended), the party thrower (admin/mod) wouldn't hesitate to unleash the wrath of hell upon them (aka delete thread or ban).

Aren't we all like that in reality?

We wear different hats to different places, we talk different, joke different jokes and talk different talks. In essence, if we are experimenting new things, we thread the ground cautiously and attempt to blend in, in EVERY ASPECT of our social life, as and when we are adapting.

kenntona;993383 said:

We wear different hats to different places, we talk different, joke different jokes and talk different talks. In essence, if we are experimenting new things, we thread the ground cautiously and attempt to blend in, in EVERY ASPECT of our social life, as and when we are adapting.

therein is the adaptability of the human race and rightly so, else Darwinism wun exist

Radon39;993374 said:
Correct Ken, when we are not sure of culture, we read and then we slowly assimilate. We dun start behaving like some freshie out of jail disrespecting the predecessors of the place. Is called basic etiquette...

no wonder Singa resign

I dun think any one here seriously intends to ignore and go out of their way to be rude to anyone... let alone the newbies.

This forum has spawn and spun off many whatsapp groups which provides additional support and chats for the newbies. So far, members have been helpful. I have personally observed that some are stubborn and refuse to accept good advice becos they think they can do better. Orh bee goot.

As in all societies, there is orientation. Cant expect a royal red carpet... unless there is a hidden chopper at the end of it. Orientation is getting to know ppl in the process, both ways. Ragging (as tofumonkey is discouraging) is bad... but what i have seen is others standing up for the ragged one many times. This is also ecology.

tofumonkey said:
Kenn, agree with you in needing to adapt to the changes, or pretend to like it.

on the same note, we attend and pretend to like the 'atas' function because we have to. do we want to? not really.

So from our perspective, we want the 'function' to be the wild, happening party that everyone enjoys. pouring beer over hot chicks and what's what. AND not needing to fear that someone will come bite our ass off.

On the same note, if some freshies comes in and tries some monkey business (pun intended), the party thrower (admin/mod) wouldn't hesitate to unleash the wrath of hell upon them (aka delete thread or ban).

(1) We attend functions both on a need and want basis. Some cases, no choice. Company events, for instance. Can we go in our natural boxers and tight-fitting tank tops and flips flops? No. We have to put on suits and what not, talk as if we are at work. Are we hypocrites? No. We just have to adapt for that few hours.

(2) Imagine a huge party with various groups of animals. Some are wild, some just wanna chill. Hence I proposed various party rooms for all. The jazzy crowd and the beer-soaking bikini group should not be in the same room. See my point?

(3) Admin/mods wear more than one hat. That's the most tricky role in the forum.

ok ol frens, new buddies, let's put some action to this.....and have kopi sometime soon.

1st round on me! MW, arrange Simpang or somewhere convenient? Sentosa one-deg oso fine

kenntona;993389 said:
(1) We attend functions both on a need and want basis. Some cases, no choice. Company events, for instance. Can we go in our natural boxers and tight-fitting tank tops and flips flops? No. We have to put on suits and what not, talk as if we are at work. Are we hypocrites? No. We just have to adapt for that few hours.

(2) Imagine a huge party with various groups of animals. Some are wild, some just wanna chill. Hence I proposed various party rooms for all. The jazzy crowd and the beer-soaking bikini group should not be in the same room. See my point?

(3) Admin/mods wear more than one hat. That's the most tricky role in the forum.

woo, great points.

agreed for point 1. New comer should abide by the rules of the forum. Then what happens when they fall short of expectation? unleash hell upon them? or we point them in correct direction (note: not spoon feeding)

point 2. agreed. that's why we should keep the trash talk at our lounge. part of our focus is to keep the threads where ppl are selling stuffs free of OTs.

point 3... yaaah, i was the most hated person for a while (prolly still is) for what i perceived as just doing my job. haha. and so i adapt to the culture lor. bo bianz.

side note: what we're doing now is following a gentlemen's culture and that of the forum. while we have our differences, we can still have a good debate and share our thoughts. Even if we don't reach a consensus at the end of the day, we wouldn't have gone for each other's throats. that's all we're asking: play nice.

kenntona;993383 said:

I agree. The wobbles you see here, the handsum, the witty, the engaging ... is all cyberspace ultimate superhero.

In real life, I'm a 90 pound weakling with glasses and a balding hair line. SHIT. That looks like my damn avatar!

That's why I'm shy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abc8loans

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back