Something to share on F20

Re: Something to share on F20

Eastmints;837836 said:
Agreed. That's why we all rather pay more to buy from PML....

Hmmm, what about the other fifty plus local F20 owners? is it a common problem through all PML F20s or localisd among a few F20s, like Bro Travisyow? Do PI models face the same probs?

Agree with bro Eastmints. Was considering PI as the PI car is specced so well and for price of a 116, can get a 118 but at the end of the day, new car model like ours will take some time to iron out kinks so decided to buy agent for peace of mind. If got prob, at least got agent tp bang table to , PI dunno if got anyone to bang table with...

Sometimes i wonder cld be due to conti car having more electronics and fault reporting sensors that why appear like more faults? Jap car can drive until the end when everything give way? Got thing spoil on jap car maybe we dun even know?:lol:

ginmin;837866 said:
Hmmm, what about the other fifty plus local F20 owners? is it a common problem through all PML F20s or localisd among a few F20s, like Bro Travisyow? Do PI models face the same probs?

Agree with bro Eastmints. Was considering PI as the PI car is specced so well and for price of a 116, can get a 118 but at the end of the day, new car model like ours will take some time to iron out kinks so decided to buy agent for peace of mind. If got prob, at least got agent tp bang table to , PI dunno if got anyone to bang table with...

Sometimes i wonder cld be due to conti car having more electronics and fault reporting sensors that why appear like more faults? Jap car can drive until the end when everything give way? Got thing spoil on jap car maybe we dun even know?:lol:

Jap car ok, simple drive so maybe no issues.. Been driving jap for almost a decade.. even my current lexus no issue other than normal wear and tear..

just gotta get my hands on a bimmer.. dxxn my BMW driving colleagues - temptation.. :whipper::lol2:

Ah yang;837879 said:
Haiz...........

cheer up.. its still a bimmer.. :shakemyb:

Ah yang;837884 said:
Haha. Yah. Hope 4 the best.

bro, pardon me for asking
repair F20 backside claim 20k?
what replacement car did PML provide?

nighthawkcity;837885 said:
bro, pardon me for asking
repair F20 backside claim 20k?
what replacement car did PML provide?

Bumper plus boot n exo. I only noe tis few things. I also dun noe wat they change. Or mayb they didnt change n juz repair. If nt my car wont hv those paint spill on it. Im amazed abt the amount also. All bros drive wif care ok. B safe 2 others n urself. Hahaha

Ah yang;837888 said:
Bumper plus boot n exo. I only noe tis few things. I also dun noe wat they change. Or mayb they didnt change n juz repair. If nt my car wont hv those paint spill on it. Im amazed abt the amount also. All bros drive wif care ok. B safe 2 others n urself. Hahaha

of course bro.. glad u are safe..
change parts also need to spray i think..

If realli serious, the F20 owners should come together and request a meeting with the service manager to sort things out properly. Strength is in numbers? F20 owners must come together then one bang on table. can echo through to senior mgmt at PML and even Sime Daby:whipper:

They already know the issues..
Jittering door, stick sticker
Coolent sensor, replace..

We have to make them evolve from knowing to doing to pre empt n working with bmw asia to solve. Otherwise how can PML say that they r selling the ultimate driving machine? Arrange a meeting with rep from CASE in attendance.

ginmin;837896 said:
If realli serious, the F20 owners should come together and request a meeting with the service manager to sort things out properly. Strength is in numbers? F20 owners must come together then one bang on table. can echo through to senior mgmt at PML and even Sime Daby:whipper:

I agreed with you ginmin..

Ivan Chan;837812 said:
Ya. Than this is really a big problem in BMW quality. Start to worry since am going to collect car on 28th. Did ask SE whether can I change to 320 but he said can't due to COE already secured.

I think jap car still have a better quality. My Camry never give me a single problem for the past 5 yrs. My wife will kill me if f20 give her so many problems since i am spending most of my time working in overseas.

Must go f SE if I also encounter such problem since he ensured me tat he never have customer complaint on f20.

Ivan, My wife already making hell lot of noise. She said if some more problem coming up, ask me to change car.. Hahaha...
Cos I oso woking oversea, and she get pissed off when shit happen..

nighthawkcity;837828 said:
F30 potentially might have similar problems as its even newer than F20..
at the end of the day, want to buy newer models with more gadgets, be prepared to go back to sort problems with AD.. (that is also my worry if I would to go buy F30 from PI):verysad:

Hi nighthawkcity,

u r welcome.

I believe F30 will be the same, as the design are the same. Jus that Engine Cap is higher. Anyway, I read other forums F30 might be coming out with 1.6L F30.

When I just got the F20 and see that so much technology in the car, I sense probs will surface in due time, but never know is that fast.

Travisyow;837927 said:
Hi nighthawkcity,

u r welcome.

I believe F30 will be the same, as the design are the same. Jus that Engine Cap is higher. Anyway, I read other forums F30 might be coming out with 1.6L F30.

When I just got the F20 and see that so much technology in the car, I sense probs will surface in due time, but never know is that fast.

But didn't we all choose bimmer precisely because of the technology? And BMW is deemed as reliable mah... otherwise why we paid so much.... :huhhuh:

Ah yang;837838 said:
Really very du lan 2 kip pushing car back 2 pml. Pointless 2 change new car n repair everytime like old car. No point finding ur se. Juz go bang table n point middle finger. Nt enough i lend u mine. Haha. OT, i juz got back my car 4 insurance claim. Sent 4 polishing n guess wat. The guy told me tat my car is full of white paint cos they spray my bumper without covering my car. Windscreen also kana. Bt wat 2 do. I can only suck thumb

Hi Ah Yang,

I know how u feel as well.
When I just got my ride, I din really do a detail check.
The next day when I want to take some photos, my wife discover the windscreen have a small little chip. I dunno the chip is already there before I collect the ride or it happen after I collect it.
But I do call up PML to ask. They told me, if I wanna change it, they got to claim insurance and it take awhile for the part to arrive and they claim dunno will it leak after changing it..

Travisyow;837933 said:
Hi Ah Yang,

I know how u feel as well.
When I just got my ride, I din really do a detail check.
The next day when I want to take some photos, my wife discover the windscreen have a small little chip. I dunno the chip is already there before I collect the ride or it happen after I collect it.
But I do call up PML to ask. They told me, if I wanna change it, they got to claim insurance and it take awhile for the part to arrive and they claim dunno will it leak after changing it..

Alamak, i thought VW got a lot of complaints about car and services. time to upgrade then come to Bimmer's forum and see the same thing..... :sickinbe:

slowrunnerz;837856 said:
Hi Bro

Sorry to hear all your problems with your ride.
Mine was delivered in December.
I don't have problem #1.
For #2, I encountered it once when I came back from a short 1 week trip. The door could not unlock by grabbing the handle but unlocked by pressing the remote. The car started OK once inside.
#3 - haven't encountered so far.
#4 - haven't encountered so far, although in the early days sometimes I have to unplug and replug in the usb drive to get it to play the music otherwise it was 'hung' on the track.
#5 - encountered once, but that was because I accidentally left my key in my gym bag in the boot and was trying to slam the boot shut!

However I have other problems which you don't have -
- false alarm for low coolant level
- windows which refuse to shut. It thinks someone or something is stuck so keeps opening by about 3 inches everytime I close it
- erratic stop-start
- rattles from the rear doors(?) everytime I go on a slope

In the west, they will say these little annoyances "give the car character"!
I must admit I didn't expect a premium brand to have so many niggling faults though....

Hi slowrunnerz,

I like that statement, "give the car character"!! Hahaha...
The problems that u encounter, #4 I encounter before. But I never really look into it.
I do realise that when going down slope, especially @ MSCP, the vehicle will vibrate, just like engine going to stall lidat.

nighthawkcity;837862 said:
they free la.. wan many cars to go back.. tmd :whipper:

Bro,
They wan to make sure PML got alot of ppl everyday. So showroom seem very packed.. Like got more sales...

ginmin;837866 said:

ginmin,
PI models will face problem I not too sure, but I do know their config is diff.
More electronics = More problems.
LOL..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilikocomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back