Something to share on F20

Re: Something to share on F20

Travisyow;837940 said:
Bro,
They wan to make sure PML got alot of ppl everyday. So showroom seem very packed.. Like got more sales...

No wonder the few times I went down on weekdays quite crowded..

Eastmints;837935 said:
Alamak, i thought VW got a lot of complaints about car and services. time to upgrade then come to Bimmer's forum and see the same thing..... :sickinbe:

Eastmints,

Precisely, we opt for bimmer for their reliablitiy and technology, but such things happen.

My Father-in-Law, get his VW Golf MK6 the same time when I collect my ride, till date, his VW got no prob but my keep having prob. (except receiving a letter from VGS to go down to update his gearbox firmware).
:(

Hi all,

Recently, I have e same prob with my aircon.. It seems to have the need now to "warm up" before it can function. Didn't have such a prob until recently.
I had it checked when I sent my car in for 8000k servicing last week. Was told that it's due to the prob of software too.. And they will need 1 1/2 day to rectify and solve the prob..

nighthawkcity;837946 said:
No wonder the few times I went down on weekdays quite crowded..

I always go down on weekdays. Whenever I am back to SIN.
If F20 keep having probs, sooner or later, the SA there will know all of us. Whahaha..

Jack07;837948 said:
Hi all,

Recently, I have e same prob with my aircon.. It seems to have the need now to "warm up" before it can function. Didn't have such a prob until recently.
I had it checked when I sent my car in for 8000k servicing last week. Was told that it's due to the prob of software too.. And they will need 1 1/2 day to rectify and solve the prob..

Hi Jack07 bro,

Initially they also told me software prob, they take in for 1 day, did a system check than tell me, "ohhh becos of the ECOpro system, that y is lidat, mBlinking is normal"
Now, say Master Control Unit faulty. :(

Travisyow;837947 said:
Eastmints,

Precisely, we opt for bimmer for their reliablitiy and technology, but such things happen.

My Father-in-Law, get his VW Golf MK6 the same time when I collect my ride, till date, his VW got no prob but my keep having prob. (except receiving a letter from VGS to go down to update his gearbox firmware).
:(

Being a current golf owner, issue likely to come later after 10k mileage? Mine got clicking steering, aircon display lagging, infamous gearbox Mechatronics failure, clutch wornout, engine bearings worn out...worse part is their service standard is beyond comprehension.

Hi Travis,
It's very frustrating, esp the extreme hot weather now in spore.. And as I'm in the sales line, I do not have the luxury to send in my car for 1 1/2 day for them to solve the prob. Worse still, they merely did the basic servicing during my last visit. They didn't even update the software for me. If I'm not wrong, there is a software update right? I collected my car last DEC btw.. As a result, my car still shows me that my servicing is due at 8000km.. No updates at all..

Travisyow;837925 said:
Ivan, My wife already making hell lot of noise. She said if some more problem coming up, ask me to change car.. Hahaha...
Cos I oso woking oversea, and she get pissed off when shit happen..

Jat lat already. Home minister only know how to start put to D and stop. I even need to fly back next week to collect car for her n teach her how to operate the car.

Make me dum worry after reading your post. I drove a 320 when I was posted to South Africa for 4 yrs n never have any issue with the car. Could it be BMW not suitable for our high humility weather here?

Jus pray our May batch of cars have bugs sorted out.. Time will tell.

ginmin;837954 said:
Being a current golf owner, issue likely to come later after 10k mileage? Mine got clicking steering, aircon display lagging, infamous gearbox Mechatronics failure, clutch wornout, engine bearings worn out...worse part is their service standard is beyond comprehension.

That bad?? Izzit true that their servicing need to pre-book like 1 mth in adv?

ever encountered a need to book 2 months in advance.... imagine how u gonna gauge your mileage.

Jack07;837957 said:
Hi Travis,
It's very frustrating, esp the extreme hot weather now in spore.. And as I'm in the sales line, I do not have the luxury to send in my car for 1 1/2 day for them to solve the prob. Worse still, they merely did the basic servicing during my last visit. They didn't even update the software for me. If I'm not wrong, there is a software update right? I collected my car last DEC btw.. As a result, my car still shows me that my servicing is due at 8000km.. No updates at all..

I agreed.
Demand for a replacement car.. Call your SE to help, they sure to do something about it.
I think there is software available. I call up my SE, he oso not sure. If I am not wrong west side have it. need to go down and check with them.
My mileage now at 7k, Vehicle status have promtp me to change Engine oil.

Ivan Chan;837958 said:
Jat lat already. Home minister only know how to start put to D and stop. I even need to fly back next week to collect car for her n teach her how to operate the car.

Make me dum worry after reading your post. I drove a 320 when I was posted to South Africa for 4 yrs n never have any issue with the car. Could it be BMW not suitable for our high humility weather here?

Hahaha, bro we same fate la, I flew back last week to send in the car.
My Home Minister, oso only know how to drive and park. I ask her send in, she worry dunno how to relate the problems to the SA. Hahaha..

I think it should not be much of a prob for the humitiy bah. As the Engine oil and other stuffs is meant for our local weather. LOL. Not too sure bout this thou.

ginmin;837962 said:
Jus pray our May batch of cars have bugs sorted out.. Time will tell.

Hopefully they iron out the problems.
But i have to admit that F20 is really nice to drive ard. No doubt my is only a 116i, the power was really good. Easy to handle for my wife.

whiskie;837969 said:
ever encountered a need to book 2 months in advance.... imagine how u gonna gauge your mileage.

Hi whiskie,

U mean booking with VGS??

Travisyow;837978 said:
Hi whiskie,

U mean booking with VGS??

Yeap, booking with vgs. Read one guy had gearbox failure n nearly kena ram by lorry wen car lose power. Lucky car manage to pick up power in time. Called vcs n they tell him appt in 2 mth time to attend to him. Everytime collect car from wkshop have to check for scratches or dents. A no of cars kena this n their reply... Small scratch only mah, can wax off..

ginmin;837986 said:
Yeap, booking with vgs. Read one guy had gearbox failure n nearly kena ram by lorry wen car lose power. Lucky car manage to pick up power in time. Called vcs n they tell him appt in 2 mth time to attend to him. Everytime collect car from wkshop have to check for scratches or dents. A no of cars kena this n their reply... Small scratch only mah, can wax off..

That very bad.. In that case, I should advise my Father-in-Law to forgo their free servicing.
They give 3 year or 45K free servicing including oil, and everything. I rather spend abit and get it done else where. And with no dents or scratches.

nighthawkcity;837845 said:
scared get sick of their coffee.. :lol::lol:

PML good at giving free tissue too each time send car in. Collected quite afew. :wtf:

i am very keen to know, in your case, can do lemon law or not...if after repeated repair but problem still exist...

i just started a tread on lemon law, then i read your thread hehe....

Last edited by a moderator:

bmwf20;838008 said:
PML good at giving free tissue too each time send car in. Collected quite afew. :wtf:

I collected 1 box. Hahaha..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helpdeskaustralia
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back