Taste of IS250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taste of IS250

althaus said:
I usually take these polls with a pinch of salt.... cos if I am not wrong, you might be referring to the JD Power surveys and I admit that Lexus have come out tops in reliability.

But then Lexus just don't have that brand impact and loyalty by its users/drivers. Since most people buy such cars for point A-B transportation. Why do I say that? Look at the number of BMW forums compared to Lexus forums, BMWs just attract (good marketing strategy I must say). A Lexus is just so easily forgotten (maybe it is too reliable...).

A car like a Merc or BMW evokes passion and other stuff which makes buyers irrational. And perhaps the lack of reliability even makes it more 'emotional' :lol2:

Actually comparing a Lexus to BMW is just like comparing Creative MP3 players to Apple iPods

I concur.

(got to type more words....)

Welbo said:
All Bros n Sis,

Why we CAN'T AGREE TO DISAGREE??????
All of us are different and we place differen weightage to different aspect of the cars.
At the end of the day who cares what others drive, u drive what u like/value/make the most sense to u. Period.

I drove ALFA as I like HOT ITALIAN BABE.............MAMAMIYA!!!!!!!

Cheers!

Agree. People ask me why buy 325 when about the same $ you can buy 523 or GS300. My reply: "I like". As long as you like it, you buy it. If you use logic to buy a car, you will never end up buying a car. To me, the most important thing is you must enjoy the drive and the car. :goodup:

I know but wait lah... lets tahan a bit more. dont close first leh... we are almost there for 20 pages...wooow.

Now all my colleagues driving Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais, Merc, Protons, all also reading this thread liao, bcos they say read liao very funny :) Including the chao angmoh next to me also kaypoh this thread.....

pwsoh said:
Agree. People ask me why buy 325 when about the same $ you can buy 523 or GS300. My reply: "I like". As long as you like it, you buy it. If you use logic to buy a car, you will never end up buying a car. To me, the most important thing is you must enjoy the drive and the car. :goodup:

Hanor hanor.......people ask me why I pay stupid $130k for a 320i, when I could haqve spent the same buying a bew GETZ for my wife to drive herself n a Vios for myself so we dont hv to fight over one car..I say "I like....to fight with my wife" :p

axl said:
On a personal note, I can't believe that a CAR discussion thead can deteriorate until this stage.

Okay , how about we go for lunch first then kopi after that zhang jui time talk about it?
Btw, you are still my pet Ji Leng Ah Arhh murderer! :(

Ok continue the "CAR WARS-Revenge of the IS250th" after lunch. Going Zion Road jiak MEE-POK and BAK-KOOT-TEH, after that go TEH-GOOT, ZHANG-JUI....those who wann join, just look out for an E90 with car number "IS 250". :)

althaus said:
Ehmm, I think if we were to conduct a poll even in the US, BMW or Merc would still win... Because, a Lexus still does not have the brand impact of a BMW and a Merc.

While we can agree to disagree on an opinion , let's not make sweeping statements on factual issues.

For brand impact , Lexus brand topped the nameplate ranking with 909 points. Porsche's 903 made it second on that list. The BMW brand was third with 901 points in a 2003 USA survey .In other words, Lexus is held even in higher regards than a Porsche .

http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/07/pf/autos/jdpower_apeal/

althaus said:
When one says: "I drive a BM, or I drive a Merc", its just different. People chose Lexus because it is a practical car to drive, but not a car a teenager or some guy would 'dream' of....

I am a current E39 525 owner in my 30s . I have owned two 328 coupe's before . ( I used to import them direct from EU ; less than S$2000 depreciation a year (yes S$2k !) , so to me BMWs are 'cheap' ) .

My dream car is the Lexus GS450H . I was convinced to change camp by another ex-BMWmer who has since gone over to the GS300 . In fact , from my limited circle of friends who now drive a Lexus , about 40% of them were ex-BMWs owners . So we know exactly what we are talking about .

They have nothing to prove or show by driving a BMW ; when one acheive a certain status, they are no longer a wannabe. IMHO, many low end BMW owners are in fact wannabes , the need to *shout* to the world that they have 'arrived' by driving a BMW .

To me, one should look beyond the brand and the marketing to see what are the intrinsic value of the car .

Mark_Twain said:
Hi 250,

By the way, when you collecting your IS250 huh?

Eh, can drive down to show us? I ask my friend to drrive his Mark X down to compare leh.

Please please lah.........

Tell you what: Why don't you bring your 523i and meet the IS250. We will then test both cars and I can assure you, your BMW will be trounced over and over again. On straights, round bends, even at PG track. No fight lah your BMW - power no enough, relatively poorer handling compared to the Lexus. :nehnehhh:

Hey guys,

No offense to all who've been keeping up with this thread.
I see no point in allowing this thread to continue beyond this point. There is too much antagonistic provocations and generally, it's very unhealthy to continue such forms of discussions.

I just want to stress that although everyone's entitled to their opinions, there's no need for either sides to downplay the purchases (or potential purchase) of another car owner. We buy our cars based on our needs and perceptions of the merits of the cars afterall.

There are valid points and reviews in bits throughout the thread that are valid and useful. If you feel that this thread has been closed without valid reasons, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back