Taste of IS250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taste of IS250

Aiya..... I mean there's a Lexus salesman in the forum who claimed to own "a few" bmws but don't seem to be like it mah.....

NNB, KNN, All tao kart short circuit liao......lim peh have to go thru' 17 pages.

Simi BMW sim Lexus simi Benz sim ...simi....all the same we called it car!
You think what? Can fly ahh? Anyhow "loot" the above car buay tio summon izzit?

Chinese aa Hokkien wei kong "pai tao hoe si boh toh.....ai li aa khoo!"
(Very sorry for those non-Chinese and ge ang mo can not understand Hokkien)

Everyone wants to be #1 then who wants to be #2?
If still carry on like this, I suggest you people go to high court to "bit-cha -lah"!

althaus said:
Ehmm, I think if we were to conduct a poll even in the US, BMW or Merc would still win... Because, a Lexus still does not have the brand impact of a BMW and a Merc.

No, you are incorrect there.

Various polls have ALREADY been conducted in the US and Lexus has always come up tops re brand impact. ESPECIALLY in USWC (west coast) polls.
And that same result has been repeated over a few years already. Lexus number 1, for the Americans, by the Americans.
Go search / read US survey results before you make sweeping statements like this.

And where is BMW in the US list? Its some way down the line. :oops: Can't recall if Merc was higher on the list though.

And that's brand image only.
Reliability polls constantly put Lexus in the top 3. And this applies not only in USA, but also in the UK and continental-Europe surverys too.

Mark_Twain said:
Aiya..... I mean there's a Lexus salesman in the forum who claimed to own "a few" bmws but don't seem to be like it mah.....

Who who who......?:) :) :)

IS250 said:

Various polls have ALREADY been conducted in the US and Lexus has always come up tops re brand impact. ESPECIALLY in USWC (west coast) polls.
And that same result has been repeated over a few years already. Lexus number 1, for the Americans, by the Americans.
Go search / read US survey results before you make sweeping statements like this.

And where is BMW in the US list? Its some way down the line. :oops: Can't recall if Merc was higher on the list though.

Reliability polls constantly put Lexus in the top 3. And this applies not only in USA, but also in the UK and continental-Europe surverys too.

And this proves what? Sini bukan USA dude.

The yankees loves Softball, but we in SIngapore prefer football. They like to use their enlarged gloved hands to squeeze their opponent's balls, or wag it with their batang. Woo larng chia Lim Pay go watch a New York Yankees game at the Yankee stadium, I see those stupid ang mohs cheering and cheering. But WTF are they playing? Find it so bored, I fell asleep at the Yankee Stadium.

Well I can also tell u from speaking to British, a lot of people there in UK prefer to buy the SABARU impreza WRX bcos it has a turbo engine over a Ferrari. U know why? Its not bcos they dont like Ferraris, who dont like one right? SUBARUs sell better bcos it is a lot cheaper. I think SUBARUs rank very high in the UK just like the USA is for LEXUS, but I dont hav the statistics though. Now similarly BMWs are more expensive than LEXUS in USA u know.

Based on how you write, I don't think you have even driven the Mark X. Am not even sure if you had really test driven the IS250. Still, you have attempted to make comparisons based on your own perceptions. It tells a lot on what kind of character you are.

The 2 cars are so different, from the handling, NVH, suspensions, ride, chassis, shape, design, interior and overall feel - the engine is the only thing common.

Pls stop making sweeping statements when you don't have the facts. Otherwise, please do a test drive on your own, before making comparison statements like that.

IS250 said:
Based on how you write, I don't think you have even driven the Mark X. Am not even sure if you had really test driven the IS250. Still, you have attempted to make comparisons based on your own perceptions. It tells a lot on what kind of character you are.

The 2 cars are so different, from the handling, NVH, suspensions, ride, chassis, shape, design, interior and overall feel - the engine is the only thing common.

Pls stop making sweeping statements when you don't have the facts. Otherwise, please do a test drive on your own, before making comparison statements like that.

same engine worrrr.....u dont support Toyota?:confused:

arsenal62 said:
NNB, KNN, All tao kart short circuit liao......lim peh have to go thru' 17 pages.

Simi BMW sim Lexus simi Benz sim ...simi....all the same we called it car!
You think what? Can fly ahh? Anyhow "loot" the above car buay tio summon izzit?

Chinese aa Hokkien wei kong "pai tao hoe si boh toh.....ai li aa khoo!"
(Very sorry for those non-Chinese and ge ang mo can not understand Hokkien)

Everyone wants to be #1 then who wants to be #2?
If still carry on like this, I suggest you people go to high court to "bit-cha -lah"!
I love my Getz. Can park in your Odyssey

MW said:
I love my Getz. Can park in your Odyssey
Car park is gonna be gone soon. Very soon it's gonna be the Chee T I. Heard it's better than the E90 and IS250 put together. Can chiet both of them.

Hi 250,

Hey.... talking about cars lah.... not character lah....:offtopic:

Anyway, we can all tell your character from the way you write as well. Most people are not interested in character talk though but cars!

And by the way, how's your lexus sales huh? Hit target liao or not?

By the way, BMW and is are 2 different cars as well. So don't compare.

"The 2 cars are so different, from the handling, NVH, suspensions, ride, chassis, shape, design, interior and overall feel - the engine is the only thing common" - Here, BMW and IS even engine also different lah....so no need to compare!

Read more from other forum if you want more comparison between Mark X and IS250. Mycarforum got quite a bit.

So you got any info if Borneo Motors bringing in Mark X or not?

marclees said:
It depends where you conduct the poll. If you do it in the largest Car Market in the World , the USA , then of course Lexus prevails . Period .LOL

USA??

sure... they like to be different mah..

what about total number of world wide sales of BMW vs Merc vs lexus?

Lexus still win???

althaus said:
Ehmm, I think if we were to conduct a poll even in the US, BMW or Merc would still win... Because, a Lexus still does not have the brand impact of a BMW and a Merc.

When one says: "I drive a BM, or I drive a Merc", its just different. People chose Lexus because it is a practical car to drive, but not a car a teenager or some guy would 'dream' of....

Cars that have evoked stuff to be dreamt about includes: Hondas, Mitsubishi Evos, BMWs, Mercs, Ferraris, Lambos, Jaguars, and the likes..... Toyota, Nissan, Rolls Royces, Lexuses just dun make the grade yet....

I am so glad someone sees me point about "dream cars".......

cheers dude!

Hi 250,

By the way, when you collecting your IS250 huh?

Eh, can drive down to show us? I ask my friend to drrive his Mark X down to compare leh.

Please please lah.........

rodders said:
Car park is gonna be gone soon. Very soon it's gonna be the Chee T I. Heard it's better than the E90 and IS250 put together. Can chiet both of them.

Please do not OT! Lim peh now cyber mata, mai sng sng hor! :)
G T I not Chee T I and FYI Chee can only use on BMW Chee 4 or your Chee B face!
Repeat after me G T I for 3 times .........start now

Mods: I recommend that this thread be closed due to degradation to personal insinuations and sarcastic comments etc. This can't be healthy for a growing forum at all...

On a personal note, I can't believe that a CAR discussion thead can deteriorate until this stage.

IS250 said:

wah lau... you so funny...

now you telling all of us to stop comparing mark X with IS250... but you chose to compare BMW with lexus..

wah lau... i am confused.....

tell character? wah.... cool it dude.. no need to pull in character one lah...

Since you love lexus so much, just...well.. love it the way you want it!

We love BMW mah....

axl said:
Mods: I recommend that this thread be closed due to degradation to personal insinuations and sarcastic comments etc. This can't be healthy for a growing forum at all...

On a personal note, I can't believe that a CAR discussion thead can deteriorate until this stage.

Bro... thats life...

but i agree with thread is getting touchy...

IS250 said:

I usually take these polls with a pinch of salt.... cos if I am not wrong, you might be referring to the JD Power surveys and I admit that Lexus have come out tops in reliability.

But then Lexus just don't have that brand impact and loyalty by its users/drivers. Since most people buy such cars for point A-B transportation. Why do I say that? Look at the number of BMW forums compared to Lexus forums, BMWs just attract (good marketing strategy I must say). A Lexus is just so easily forgotten (maybe it is too reliable...).

A car like a Merc or BMW evokes passion and other stuff which makes buyers irrational. And perhaps the lack of reliability even makes it more 'emotional' :lol2:

Actually comparing a Lexus to BMW is just like comparing Creative MP3 players to Apple iPods

arsenal62 said:
Please do not OT! Lim peh now cyber mata, mai sng sng hor! :)
G T I not Chee T I and FYI Chee can only use on BMW Chee 4 or your Chee B face!
Repeat after me G T I for 3 times .........start now
Mata your IS250 face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacai188betmov

Latest posts