Taste of IS250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taste of IS250

IS250,
My bro-in-law owns an IS200, wants to change it to a GS300 or 530i.....he is undecided. What would you advise, seriously?

erm... who's that eh? Honestly don't know.
so out of point man.

Ahbengdriver said:
IS250,
My bro-in-law owns an IS200, wants to change it to a GS300 or 530i.....he is undecided. What would you advise, seriously?

Seriously ...
Between the GS300 and 530i, get the 530i - I think its a better car overall.

IS250 said:
Seriously ...
Between the GS300 and 530i, get the 530i - I think its a better car overall.

But why u reckon its better to switch from a IS200 to a 530i ? These are not small investments, more info is appreciated. :)

All Bros n Sis,

Why we CAN'T AGREE TO DISAGREE??????
All of us are different and we place differen weightage to different aspect of the cars.
At the end of the day who cares what others drive, u drive what u like/value/make the most sense to u. Period.

I drove ALFA as I like HOT ITALIAN BABE.............MAMAMIYA!!!!!!!

Cheers!

Hi 250,

Hahaha.... you are damn right that the interest on this thread is getting longer cos the topic is so damn interesting.....

Don't think most people here are interested in the IS250 though.... just to see how words could try to win people over to buy a lexus over a BMW..... especially in a Beemers forum!

Agree with you that Jap cars are getting better nowadays. In fact, Korean cars are getting better too. Maybe compare Lexus with a Korean car.......

Why don't you start a thread with votes.... if price is not a consideration, check the votes to see how many will take a BMW 325, Lexus IS250, or a Korean car?

There are many good jap cars as well. With the price IS250 is charging as a jap car, think you can easily find many choices from Honda, Mazda, etc......

SMYUEN said:
since when someone's dream car was a lexus? ( 1 in 10? 2 in 10?)

As in everything else, the most important quality for a dream car is that it delivers on its promise of satisfaction in the real world. Otherwise an illusory dream can turn quickly into a nightmare. This is something I'm sure everyone can agree on.

SMYUEN said:

As in everything else, the most important quality for a dream car is that it delivers on its promise of satisfaction in the real world.

Otherwise a beautiful dream which disintegrates in the light of reality will turn life into a nightmare.

This is something I'm sure everyone can agree upon.

keep it rolling I like this thread. Defecting to chat room for a while, hope to see more 'healthy tension' later :)

Just to share from a ex-BMW owner view ....
I bot a IS250. Taking delivery in 2 weeks.
Reason? Need a reliable A-B transport with comfort.
Used to also owned a IS200 and was impress with the reliability and service, as benchmark with PML. Sick and tired of PML famous last words " ... is like that wan ..."
the Lexus sales man actually call to arrange for a "private test drive" ... not heard of at PML!

btw, ... my history with BMW span last 10 years, 4 UDMs. Now, no more UDM for me, maybe when PML starts to understand the concept of "CRM", "Customer retention", I may consider buying another BMW.

my 2 cents.

Wow, I think I may have started a wrong thread....leading to some 'wars' here......
Since I started this thread, allow me to say something.....

I remember someone was saying that a person with a Evo or Rex and mod it till a pick up of about 4s in 100m sprint and the total cost to spend on this car at most is $200k. But if he were to get a good car with natural pick up of that fast 4s, it would have cost him maybe $500k.......

So are those who pay $500k for the car 'idoits'? Whatever car you buy or own, there must be a reason to it. For our friend IS250, I think you have been very extreme in comparing the 2 brands, and this is not becoming a discussion thread, but more of a tongue war and its very unhealthy. You love your wife and finds her the best in the world......and keeps telling ppl their wives are bad and ask ppl to divorce.....do you think thats the correct way?

I have the pictures of bimmers and IS250 in my computer folders......both are pretty babes....and I have test driven both makes, they have their own goods and bads......

Remember.......'Ge4 Hua Ru Ge4 Yan' I think its time we simmer down and life goes on.....tomor who knows Kia might have model even better than both and cheaper ......:topicsuc:

SMYUEN said:
Lexus object of desire?? I think no.

C'mon.. just take a quick vote among car buyers or even young kids... or teenagers... or young working adults....

just my thots...

peace peace..

It depends where you conduct the poll. If you do it in the largest Car Market in the World , the USA , then of course Lexus prevails . Period .LOL

hi, it really true that the new lexus are catching up to bmw. but wait 4 a while . if you compare executive condo by the hdb and private condo . dont 2 condo r the same . but why are people still insist on buying private condo and not EC. 1) pride,2) a pad on your own back telling yourself ya i can pay a premium 3)prestige . i agree lexus is catching up. at some point even better than bmw. but it the feel the owner get when he drive the bugger.

polls or no polls it dosent really matter. if you like the brand you like it. not question. hack if i can afford i would buy myself a 997 cabrio.hee hee
i guess people who buy bmw over lexus are doing it because hey I HAVE MAKE IT AND I WANT TO SHOW IT .
espically when you in a pub and when the chick ask what your ride. damn it feels good to say bmw. and more if you add in bmw cabrio. hee hee.

hahaz this thread's so hilarious....no idea bout the 'age- factor' of all contributing peeps, but i tink we're all starting to sound like boys fighting over their favourite toy/pillow/what not...

give it up man, this is a BMW forum, n i can safely say tt for most of us here, we juz love the beemer.. albiet different attraction for different individuals....

as for me, i've been brought up in an environment that supports and applaudes conti cars, n well the BM's always been my favourite, so what the heck, it can have all the faults and all the nonsense that PML can throw at me, i'll grumble, scowl n bang table but hell no, i'm not giving up my dream car.....

and i can safely say this is true for most of my friends. Btw Lexus, Merc and BMW, well we all chose to drive BMs...

So there's that, say all you want, I'll stick to my Beemer.....(no flames pls, but this is just a blunt way of saying what everyone's been tryin to put forth....)

on a side note, my dad's seriously considering getting another car n btw the IS and the Mark X, what's the difference???
anyone??

marclees said:
It depends where you conduct the poll. If you do it in the largest Car Market in the World , the USA , then of course Lexus prevails . Period .LOL

Ehmm, I think if we were to conduct a poll even in the US, BMW or Merc would still win... Because, a Lexus still does not have the brand impact of a BMW and a Merc.

When one says: "I drive a BM, or I drive a Merc", its just different. People chose Lexus because it is a practical car to drive, but not a car a teenager or some guy would 'dream' of....

Cars that have evoked stuff to be dreamt about includes: Hondas, Mitsubishi Evos, BMWs, Mercs, Ferraris, Lambos, Jaguars, and the likes..... Toyota, Nissan, Rolls Royces, Lexuses just dun make the grade yet....

On a side note, I kind of regretted my decision in getting the E90 (320i) after the rave reviews of the IS250 and the fact that it is a 6 cylinder....

But everytime I look at my car, somehow I just felt that note of regret to disappear. That's the effect of a Bimmer I guess...

Guess all of us who own a bmw really love our cars. The looks and the driving experience is just irresistable! At least, all these statements prove that BMW do attract a SECOND look from people! Guess it will be difficult to explain this to some people who claim to own "a few" bmws before but didn't catch it. :confused:

I must agree that Lexus is a more practical car just by comparing the price. However, a real practical person will probably choose a Mark X with same engine and chasis of the IS, and with superb interiors (think much better than IS IMO), but so much cheaper. Why would people want to buy the IS? Paying extra for the L logo I guess?

So what's the comparison? Think the comparison should go back to between a IS250 or a Mark X.

BTW, anyone here tried the Mark X? I have a friend who bought one black one. I must say, it is really a good buy with the nice flushed twin exhaust pipe (look hidden) and the superb interior.

Those considering buying a IS250, I think you should really take a serious look at the Mark X. Save quite a bit and you can use the money to upgrade rims, tyres, etc... and maybe buy a Lexus badge. Still got quite a bit left? Add-on GPS Navigation systems and high end audio systems. You will be surprised that your Mark X will feel like IS (or more luxurious), drive like IS (same engine mah), and still cheaper than the IS.

For us, we will still drive our BMW!

Mark_Twain said:
Guess it will be difficult to explain this to some people who claim to own "a few" bmws before but didn't catch it. :confused:
For us, we will still drive our BMW!

Above statement... ehhh,,, u newbies ? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wk777ph

Latest posts