Taste of IS250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Taste of IS250

Hi IS250,

Finally got you back into this forum again! So you still using 2 or 3 names here to express your views?

You really sounds like a salesman selling Lexus man. What we are discussing here is our personal views on the 2 cars and there is nothing that kind agreement from anybody la......

I guess you are looking too much into the advertisement by PML. I believe you might have owned a "few" BMWs, but that's you. The driving experience we gather here is the actual driving experience after owning different cars over the years and not the advertisement. It's this experience that's making BMW owners to spend a premium over the even more advertised IS250.

By the way, if you really have owned a BMW before, i guess you must have really faced some BIG TIME unreliable fault that nearly "killed" you. Not too sure why you are still interested to be posting in this forum full of beemers fans like me!

Hope you have a safe ride in your new IS250. By the way, if you are really a Lexus Salesman, could you try to check what's the max discounts you could give since a lot of people here are comparing the IS250 to the Mark X selling much cheaper.... Jap-cars to Jap-cars... easier to compare la....

Ahbengdriver said:
DSDFAN
what was Jan price vs current price? Mind u there was an Aerospace 320[lower specs] in Jan, I suppose u r not referring to that one.

The January 320 non AA price of 128K plus 3 yr maintenance and 2K overtrade would have clinched the deal for me.

Hi Ah Beng,

Agree with you on the std equipments inlcuded. But got to really go down the list of what is included and necessary and what's nice to have but not really necessary. I think (for me only), most of the things I needed are in the std equipment already, but some minor extra will be nice!
But 320 really a little short of equipments though.

As for the warning for camera, I guess you're really observant! I was working as an expatriate there for 1 year and I really love the gadgets available there.

By the way, the audio warning gadget is actually a GPS equiped spped camera detector or a pure GPS system. You can get 1 for less than S$200 there and the little GPS gadget (in-built with local map) could tell you when reaching a speed camera since it knows where you are via the GPS receiver.

If you need more info on gadgets, pm me. Can tell you where to get Pocketpc GPS maps and can tell you the same audio warnings (in Chinese, English, Cantonese, etc). You just need a proper PocketPC and a GPS receiver (all available in SG) and install the mapping software!

Just note that the mapping softwares are not as detailed as the one available in Taiwan (there are at least 3 Companies making these softwares so high competition), so you won't get warning for some of the traffic camera before the stop light.

QUOTE:

[Hi Mark,
The e60 is a COOL car man. Problem is local BMWs are rather skimpy on std equipments, the optional list is longer than the std list. In Taiwan, some luxury cars[not sure for BMWs] are fitted with Traffic Camera warning.....see pay cool and funny.....the warning is audio. It will warn u when there is a camera like 300m ahead. Goes something like " Qian2 Mian4 You3 Jiao1 Tong1 Xiang4 Ji1, Qing3 Fang4 Man4 Che1 Su4 " ...Very funny. I would like to have one that can also tell me a TP is hidding in a bush near-by ]

Oh yes, forgot to tell you.

Some of these GPS gadgets are in-built into the Rear Mirror in the car so the receiver are facing the sky to receive satellites info accurately. So 2 functions into one. If detect mobile laser gun, the laser detector will warn you of the risk. If stationary camera are nearby (normally no laser used but sensitive cable under the ground near the stop line), then the GPS will warn you since the position of the camera are configured into the GPS receiver.

These gadgets sold in taiwan, cannot function fully here though, since the in-built maps are only local Taiwan maps. Thus, you will need to get a PocketPc with SG maps to do it (or buy any GPS navigation systems). Then buy a speed detector capable of detecting mobile laser gun.

Guess it will be helpful for you if you are a speeder.......hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Come on guys, how can you compare a continental with a jap car.

I agree that the is is attractive however that car are made to feel differently when driving.

BMW is still a different class, at different age 1 should upgrade and drive the different range.

BMW3 is for the true young adults yuppies and the IS200 is just trying to state the same statement, but face the fact a jap car is still a jap car.

if you want a cheap!! and powerful car go compare the is with the rx8, a jap to a jap car.

anyway just my opinion

Read Dec 2005 Autocar Asean article on 325iA/4 vs IS250 comparison.

Hands down, BMW won. Although equipment "spec-ed" up for IS250, the BMW 3 series has travelled further, more head room, more legroom at the back & better boot space (3 series has 460litres vs IS250 378litres). Outstanding ride and drive, the 6th generation BMW has evolved in the logic of engineering; 8.4 sec vs 7.7sec, 204bhp vs 218bhp (125bhp per tonne vs 145bhp per tonne), both churns out 250Nm but IS250 @4800rpm, whilst 325iA @2750rpm

I agree with coolacid, its a jap car. Its many yrs of good marketing, to sustain a premium image, but its still a jap... Pay premium for it? I wouldn't (personal opinion)

Personally, dunt think there's any right/wrong time in one's life to get car A/B/etc... it's your hard-earned $. Dunt have to justify to anyone how you spend it... ;) (ok, maybe except to your MHA, heh)

Now where's my cheque book? Me gonna book myself a custom yellow polka dot AMG G-Wagen... heh.

And what's the point of convincing other pp of one's ride's merits? So finally if the world world is convinced... then what? Wouldn't it be boring if EVERY other car on the road is of the same make/model then? Variety's truly the spice of life IMO.

PS: Since when is the RX8 a "powerful" car?

You see....Mark Twain, this is what I mean by State-of-the-art technology:) . BMW always claims they put this n that into their cars to take away effort/strain from the driver, to make driving a pleasure. However, our good old PML will always make any extras a couple of $Xk more for us. To me, its greatest driving pleasure when I can drive without worrying that I may overlook a traffic camera or warned if a TP is near my ass :lol2:

.... Jap-cars to Jap-cars... easier to compare la....[/QUOTE said:
Hi to all out there......one point keep confuse me is...."Japs cars to Japs Cars"....."Conti car to conti car"....

I tot we living in the 21st century.....no more barrier between the country and races......if a product is good then we say is good...........else no good.....

Not other way like many bro here......try to compare the country of origin of the product...rather than the performance/quality of the car itself...........:whythis:

I myself a bimmer owner too....but i never look down at the car from Japs or other country.....unless the car itself really under perform or got quality issues...............

dsdfan said:
PS. It is interesting that this Lexus thread, within a BMW forum, has attracted more than 5,300 views and extended to 13 pages, exceeding the majority of threads about BMW's!

:) Thats why i say it will become longer than the MRT line very soon. This place is getting more popular than American Idol or Desperate Housewifes. No wonder the car magazines in MPH not selling well lately, bcos all flocking to read this thread. Great publicity to this forum *clap*clap* We can start a busines here liao.

If I change my name from 'Ahbengdriver' to 'IS350', will I be mistaken as a Senior lexus salesman? :laughlik:

dsdfan said:
PS. It is interesting that this Lexus thread, within a BMW forum, has attracted more than 5,300 views and extended to 13 pages, exceeding the majority of threads about BMW's!

Yup. And that's because BMW owners and especially PML are really now seeing the Lexus as a real and emerging threat ... and for PML, against their future sales targets for the 3-er.

Face it, BMW people (past and present), won't waste their time to go into a lengthy compario discussion with most cars - perhaps not even with a Merc. But for a Lexus model to generate 5,300 views and 13 pages, in a BMW forum somemore, speaks for itself.

ykh1 said:
Hi to all out there......one point keep confuse me is...."Japs cars to Japs Cars"....."Conti car to conti car"....

I tot we living in the 21st century.....no more barrier between the country and races......if a product is good then we say is good...........else no good.....

Not other way like many bro here......try to compare the country of origin of the product...rather than the performance/quality of the car itself...........:whythis:

I myself a bimmer owner too....but i never look down at the car from Japs or other country.....unless the car itself really under perform or got quality issues...............

I think you mean this is better :

LEXUS :slaphead: BMW

than this :

LEXUS :boxing: BMW

or worst still this :

LEXUS :shoot: :biggun: BMW

Mark_Twain said:
Hi IS250,

You really sounds like a salesman selling Lexus man .....

By the way, if you really have owned a BMW before, i guess you must have really faced some BIG TIME unreliable fault that nearly "killed" you. Not too sure why you are still interested to be posting in this forum full of beemers fans like me!

Sorry I am no Lexus salesman, but if I were, I am sure I could be selling a lot of IS250 (perhaps even making my first milliion on commissions only), putting the cars on SG roads at a price point that will beat any 320i and 323i on both performance and cost hands down. :nehnehhh:

And yes, I have owned 2 models of BMW cars before. The E46 320i and the E60 520i. Both are very unreliable, especially the E60. Kept on failing on this and that. Its always one thing after another. Had enough. Sold them off both. Poor quality and very bad after sales from PML.

IS250 said:
Yup. And that's because BMW owners and especially PML are really now seeing the Lexus as a real and emerging threat ... and for PML, against their future sales targets for the 3-er.

Face it, BMW people (past and present), won't waste their time to go into a lengthy compario discussion with most cars - perhaps not even with a Merc. But for a Lexus model to generate 5,300 views and 13 pages, in a BMW forum somemore, speaks for itself.

Wah....u damn LOH SOH you know. Why so up tight?

Dont tense up. come on you need a break bro?
Am going for massage later at Haelth Centre.....Ai Kee Mai?

coolacid said:
Come on guys, how can you compare a continental with a jap car.

I agree that the is is attractive however that car are made to feel differently when driving.

BMW is still a different class, at different age 1 should upgrade and drive the different range.

BMW3 is for the true young adults yuppies and the IS200 is just trying to state the same statement, but face the fact a jap car is still a jap car.

if you want a cheap!! and powerful car go compare the is with the rx8, a jap to a jap car.

anyway just my opinion

If you have owned Merc, BMW and Jag, like I did, there is really no big deal about owning a conti car. Like you, I was of the view that contis are better than Japanese, but over the years I have come full circle.

It is all a perception. Quality that used to be there for the Contis (e.g. the Mercs of old), is slowly fading away. Performance that used to be the penultimate in European engine development and design is being lost to the Japanese, who have come up with more efficient, more reliable and most importantly, more powerful (in terms of an engine's SPECIFIC power) engines.

And IMO, Lexus has caught up, gone on par, and overtaken Conti marques like Merc and BMW, especially in the US of A. The most sought-after luxury sedan is a Lexus there, not a BMW. Actually Audi comes a close second. Top of the reliability charts, of course goes to Lexus, year after year.

I am sorry... but i had to say something.....

Its ok to love your favourite marque... but trying to convince a bimmer forum that lexus is superior is like trying to tell a scientist the world is square..

I agree lexus is tops in USA... but what about in other countries where contis like BMW or merc is tops???

I disagree that jap cars are on par with contis.. there are not.. esp where BMW, merc an audi are concerned, there are still streets ahead in term of the luxury "feel", appeal, driver satisfaction.

Lexus luxury sedan yes.
Lexus object of desire?? I think no.

C'mon.. just take a quick vote among car buyers or even young kids... or teenagers... or young working adults....

since when someone's dream car was a lexus? ( 1 in 10? 2 in 10?)

just my thots...

peace peace..

two chio bu walks into a pub.. 1 german and 1 japanese.. I will pass my room key to the German chick..

Orh LuLu said:
two chio bu walks into a pub.. 1 german and 1 japanese.. I will pass my room key to the German chick..

Unfortunately, the German is not really one, but an African :yikess:
Then I will take the Jepun girl any time. :lol2:

Hello? Charlize Theron came from South Africa. I would bone her anytime brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back