The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Deadkookaburra;491203 said:
Goal of the season: Cesc Fabregas

That would teach Robbie Keane and Harry Redknapp to shut their mouth.

dpointt;491159 said:
...he aint too expensive to b sacked, though not for e americans owner now...

Nooooooo.............!!! Rafa's the best thing that has happened for MU since King Eric!! He must stay!!!!

Benitez was obviously not thinking aloud to remove Torres and Benayoun when he is not even leading the game. Contented with a draw? Stupid decision which costed him a game, and perhaps his career. Fought like a bull against Man Utd, and then gave up like a confused sheep running astray against a team like Fulham. Quite a joke if Barcelona or Real Madrid need someone like him to tinkle their fate with.

Fabregas showed his talents running at 3 Spurs defenders and scoring a goal-of-the-season, and mind you, he is NOT even in the first team of Spain !!! His midfield spot is occupied by Xavi and Iniesta. That's how good Spain will be in the upcoming World Cup......

Chelsea looks to be the potential champion if Man Utd cannot get their acts together......

kenntona;491608 said:
Benitez was obviously not thinking aloud to remove Torres and Benayoun when he is not even leading the game. Contented with a draw? Stupid decision which costed him a game, and perhaps his career. Fought like a bull against Man Utd, and then gave up like a confused sheep running astray against a team like Fulham. Quite a joke if Barcelona or Real Madrid need someone like him to tinkle their fate with.

Fabregas showed his talents running at 3 Spurs defenders and scoring a goal-of-the-season, and mind you, he is NOT even in the first team of Spain !!! His midfield spot is occupied by Xavi and Iniesta. That's how good Spain will be in the upcoming World Cup......

Chelsea looks to be the potential champion if Man Utd cannot get their acts together......
its no secret that torres is hardly fit. at 1-1 it was a calculated gamble for Rafa to take torres out for further injury to him can prove catestrophic. would say that his substitutions which included babel were in no way an indication of contenment for a draw. he was definitely going for broke.

the squad has to be collectively responsible for their recent loss, not just the manager himself. defensive lapses are one of the main problems just to name a few.

with what budget benitez has he can only do so much. its premature to conclude he will replicate similiar performances at Madrid or barcelona. Houlier much like benitiez had a good start to his career at liverpool, but fell short towards the end of his tenor. moving on to lyon he was again succesful in moving them forward.

By Tariq Panja Nov. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Manchester United coach Alex Ferguson again criticized the referee for allowing Chelsea’s goal in its 1-0 win over the English Premier League soccer champion.

Martin Atkinson shouldn’t have given the foul against United that led to Chelsea’s 76th-minute winner, Ferguson told Sky Sports. The referee then compounded the error by not disallowing John Terry’s scoring header from the resulting free kick for a foul by Didier Drogba, the United manager said after yesterday’s game at Stamford Bridge in west London. "It was a bad decision," Ferguson said. "The referee was in a ridiculous position. He couldn’t see anything."

Ferguson on Oct. 27 apologized and accepted a Football Association charge of misconduct for calling referee Alan Wiley unfit and saying that he took longer than others to caution players because he "needed a rest." The manager has yet to find out his punishment after requesting a personal hearing with English soccer’s ruling body. Yesterday’s loss left three-time defending champion United on 25 points, five fewer than leader Chelsea. Arsenal, which has played a game less, is second, also with 25 points.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti said it’s too early to make championship predictions after watching his team tie a club record with its 11th consecutive home win. "The season is very long," he said. "We have to stay focused for the next matches. We beat today a very good team." Ferguson said his lineup, which lacked central defenders Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic, and striker Dimitar Berbatov, dominated the game. "We were the far better team," he said. "We’ve had great chances to win the match."
Winless Run United’s third loss on the road this season means it has now gone eight league games, stretching back to April 2002, without a win at Chelsea. United, which would have taken over top spot with a victory, didn’t get a penalty kick in the 16th minute when Terry appeared to bundle over Ecuadorian winger Antonio Valencia. Early in the second half, Petr Cech saved a shot by Wayne Rooney that was headed for the top corner of the net.

"We’ve had great opportunities in terms of the football we’ve played to get to the edge of the box and some really good chances in and around the box," Ferguson said. "We never got the break that we needed." Ferguson felt Chelsea caught two breaks to score. Atkinson blew for a foul against Darren Fletcher following a clash with Ashley Cole and Terry scored from Frank Lampard’s resulting free kick when Drogba appeared to block Wes Brown’s attempt to get to the ball.

"The decision to award the free kick was harsh," Brown told United’s in-house television channel, MUTV. "Then Drogba was holding me and pulling me down, obstructing me from challenging for the ball when the free kick came in the box. The ref didn’t see that either. What can we do about it?"

Drogba Injury - Ivorian striker Drogba, who has nine goals in 12 league games, was forced off minutes later after injuring himself in a late challenge on United defender Jonny Evans. Ancelotti said he didn’t know the severity of the injury. Chelsea spent the remainder of the game repelling United to preserve goalkeeper Cech’s record of not conceding a goal at Stamford Bridge since the opening game of the season.

"Another clean sheet," Terry told Sky. "We talk about the attacking players and midfielders coming back and working hard for the team and that’s exactly what we got today."

United next hosts 12th-place Everton in the league Nov. 21, while Wolves, which is next-to-last in the standings, visits Chelsea on the same day.

i prefer to watch arsenal this season......
they are awesome

hitmee said:
i prefer to watch arsenal this season...... they are awesome
Attacking like Spain, defending like France.......

Yesterday Essien seems to play with magnets strapped on his boots...loose ball...50/50 challenges..the ball will always come to him...impressive
________
Bdsm movies

Last edited by a moderator:

toiletsiao;493782 said:
Yesterday Essien seems to play with magnets strapped on his boots...loose ball...50/50 challenges..the ball will always come to him...impressive
essien is a midfielder killer. against pool he complete shut gerrard out.

i hope pool loses tonight......i wanna see benitez get the sack.

totoseow;493796 said:
i hope pool loses tonight......i wanna see benitez get the sack.
+10000000000000000

if pool loses tonite.... I'll tok c3po!!!

Nov. 10 (AFP) - Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez refused to concede that the title is out of his side's reach despite being 11 points adrift of Premier League leaders Chelsea after a 2-2 draw with Birmingham on Monday. The Reds have won just one in nine and went into the game against the strugglers on a run of six defeats in eight games.

Even though the miserable run continued - and Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera were added to Liverpool's injury list with hamstring tears - Benitez insists he is not troubled by the bigger picture. "I think that for the last three weeks to a month, it's been the same," said Benitez. "We only think about one game at a time so I can't talk about anything else, just three points, so I won't talk about the table or positions. We won six games in a row before and when we were under pressure we won against Manchester United, playing really well and the character has been fantastic but we couldn't achieve the three points against Birmingham."

Benitez has acknowledged that Liverpool's poor luck with injuries has been a key part in their poor start to the season. Fernando Torres was absent against Birmingham with a groin problem and remains doubtful for the game against Manchester City after the international break, having been withdrawn from Spain duty. As well as Benayoun and Riera, Benitez also revealed that Danish defender Daniel Agger was struggling with a back problem to even taint the good news of Steven Gerrard coming off the bench to score from the spot after a groin problem of his own.

But Benitez is hoping that the international break will finally bring some good news on the injury front, which should lead to an improvement in results. "We have some players here and we can work with them but there's a difference in match fitness and to be available," said the 49-year-old. "Torres had no confidence so he couldn't play so he's started his treatment. "He has to work with physios and try to improve and be
ready so we are not talking about an operation, we are talking about treating him properly. It's not a deadline so it's a case of seeing how he reacts every day. After the international break, we will see. At least we have Gerrard and Alberto Aquilani coming back and maybe three or four more will be available. We can manage maybe a little bit better."

After David Ngog gave Liverpool the lead against Birmingham, Alex McLeish's side pulled ahead through goals from Christian Benitez and Cameron Jerome. But Ngog went down under a Lee Carsley challenge to earn Liverpool a penalty that Gerrard converted, though there was no physical contact between the two players. Even Benitez acknowledged that it might not have been a spot-kick. "It could be that it wasn't a penalty but sometimes when you have a lot of chances," said the former Valencia coach. "It's not easy and not fair sometimes but we've had a lot of situations against us this year and after a game like this when we deserved more, I think it's something that you can't change but it was positive for us. I was asking David and he said that maybe it wasn't a penalty."

McLeish was furious with referee Peter Walton's decision to award the spot-kick but delighted with his team's display at Anfield, and particularly with a first goal in English football for Ecuador forward Benitez. "Chucho is a handful and it'll do him the world of good," said McLeish. "As they say, you wait ages for a bus to come along and loads come along and hopefully that'll be the case for Chucho and Cameron. "We'll maybe look back and think we'll never have a better chance of getting three points at Anfield. "If we can marry his (Chucho) culture to ours then we've got a superb wee player there. "Its a little alien to the game he played in and he's got to get used to that and realise that everyone means the best for him. He's adapting well." McLeish, though, was in no doubt that Ngog had dived to win the penalty. "I don't think there's any real debate on it. It was a clear dive from Ngog, he's won his team a penalty and it happens in the game. It's happened for centuries and we have to take it on the chin. It was a terrific dive."

Ball is round... recall how far Newcastle were away when Manu nicked it from them... then again, Manu had substance muahahaha wahahahaha

The only problem is that Liverpool needs to beat Chelsea and Arsenal so that they also suffer more defeats, but over and beyond that, the likes of Spurs and Man City too !!!

Yes, ball is round, but so many round balls around, most likely Benitez will step on one and slip !!!

wasted.....birmingham shud hv won.

totoseow;494090 said:
wasted.....birmingham shud hv won.
not enough convincing losses for fat spainiard to be fired!

Even if pool can beat the big boys, they will falter with the lesser teams... consistently inconsistent.
And Manu.... hiaz... Evans and Fletcher CMI... cant recall which manager commented fletcher is just there to destroy the game but i think its true. Fella was just playing the man the whole game, wtf, reminds me of our long lost futsal bro :lol2:

Man Utd needs to buy

(1) a central defender like Terry to stabilise the defence

(2) a fighting centre holding midfielder like Roy Keane to push and motivate the team and

(3) creative players from the flanks, Ronnie's replacement. Giggs' getting old.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakhiatvcoffee

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back