Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Re: Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

pulsar88;1060031 said:
Happy New Year to all! Anyone managed to find out a way to leave engine n aircon running for passengers while driver gets out of car to run errand for a few minutes? Thanks

Turn ASS off. It should work..

pulsar88;1049699 said:
The other day, I left car with engine n aircon on cos someone inside. Locked door to buy Sth, came back 2 min later, engine off automatically? How to leave it running?

Isn't that very dangerous? When you lock the doors, the passengers will not be able to unlock the doors. With the engine off and no aircon, your passengers can suffocate.

i locked my car doors with my family on my E60 to run a 20 minute errand before. Engine continued to run but none of my family members could get out of the car.

Platform;1062283 said:
Mine working wif ASS on.

Just like to check when you meant "ASS on", is the ASS indicator light on or off? Thks.

tac;1062295 said:
Just like to check when you meant "ASS on", is the ASS indicator light on or off? Thks.

I din notice the light but I meant ASS enable.

LimPeh;1062294 said:
Isn't that very dangerous? When you lock the doors, the passengers will not be able to unlock the doors. With the engine off and no aircon, your passengers can suffocate.

i locked my car doors with my family on my E60 to run a 20 minute errand before. Engine continued to run but none of my family members could get out of the car.

Door can stii b unlocked fm inside, either by the central lock button or jus double action on the door lever itself oso able to open, mine F30.

Platform;1062297 said:
Door can stii b unlocked fm inside, either by the central lock button or jus double action on the door lever itself oso able to open, mine F30.

Looks like they fixed the software "bug" on newer models. The central lock button and the double door lever unlock didn't work on my E60. Need to try with my F10 later. :)

LimPeh;1062313 said:
Looks like they fixed the software "bug" on newer models. The central lock button and the double door lever unlock didn't work on my E60. Need to try with my F10 later. :)

Oic, mayb it works fm the f series. Cheers.

Set to drive at Eco mode n u WOT, it will auto switch to comfort mode.

Anyone experience at comfort mode n u WOT, will it switch to sport mode. Thx.

Platform;1062296 said:
I din notice the light but I meant ASS enable.

I tested it a few times over the last few days and is now very sure.

With ASS switched on (ASS led light off), the engine will auto-shutdown when I lock and leave the car.

With ASS switched off (ASS led light on), the engine will not shutdown when I lock and leave car.

tac;1064038 said:

With ASS switched on (ASS led light off), the engine will auto-shutdown when I lock and leave the car.

With ASS switched off (ASS led light on), the engine will not shutdown when I lock and leave car.

U did any coding on the ASS? Cos I m sure dat wif ASS switch on/ enable/ led light off, mine when I lock the door engine still running, but it always wif ppl inside the car.. Later I go try wif no ppl inside..

Pretty sure that can be worked around .....

tac;1064038 said:

Tried wif ASS on and off, lock the door wif no ppl inside, engine still running.

Platform;1064163 said:
U did any coding on the ASS? Cos I m sure dat wif ASS switch on/ enable/ led light off, mine when I lock the door engine still running, but it always wif ppl inside the car.. Later I go try wif no ppl inside..

I think car is not so intelligent to sense whether got passengers or not. Need infrared body heat sensor to do this. Only can sense driver presence

pulsar88;1064262 said:
I think car is not so intelligent to sense whether got passengers or not. Need infrared body heat sensor to do this. Only can sense driver presence

Some is thru sensor on the seat itself to gauge got ppl bo..

After 10 months and 13k mileage, comp still shows 14km/lit! Very impressed with the Start/stop technology and Efficent Dynamics design, despite on 19" tyres and half city/half expressway driving.View attachment 59135

14km per liter is like Honda fit!! Lol that's cool

one little step for BMW, one big step for conservation...:thumbsup:

pulsar88;1066992 said:
After 10 months and 13k mileage, comp still shows 14km/lit! Very impressed with the Start/stop technology and Efficent Dynamics design, despite on 19" tyres and half city/half expressway driving.View attachment 59135

is tt a 316?

Does anyone know how to (if possible):
1. Disable the START/STOP function so that i don't have to press it every time i start the car
2. Switch off the multimedia screen

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back