Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

Re: Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

heyjudd said:
As long as within speed limit it shld not b consider as road hogging....

Disagree.

"KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING"

Ferrari is 2-seater right? must be rushing to go hotel, beat traffic light... SOB

kenntona;813394 said:
Disagree.

"KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING"

MY condolences to the families of the deceased.

I lived in China for a while and I have to say, their skills are FAR BETTER than some Singaporeans. It may seem chaotic to you but do not assume how good their skills are. I have to stick with Kenntona... Just a brief drive up and down the NSHW, the road hoggers are all Singaporeans. Although we always make fun of our Malaysian neighbours but their road awareness is far better than some Singaporeans'. Don,t believe me, drive up to KL today and back, you will know what I'm saying.

I can't stress enough but keep left unless you're overtaking. It's road hogging no matter if you're below,on or above speed limit.

My piece on this Ferrari issue - I tend to think it's the person regardless of his nationality. Admit it, we know of some selfish ignorant people with alot of power on their hands. Big ego, full pocket, excessive power = Out of control.

No sure if this was the cause of mistaken the wrong traffic light
boobiegrab.jpg
[/IMG]

sad news..agreed that nationality doesnt matter here..

so young..so successful..so expensive a car...tragic...always tot ferrari super safe..cos seems lk most of the time, drivers walk out unhurt

drive safe everyone..

Yah, there are stupid drivers of every nationality, and Singaporeans in particular can be mental on Malaysian roads, where some consider themselves "beyond the law" just because they can pay the 'fines'.

No need to turn a tragedy, no matter who's fault, into a political issue. Would it be any better or worse if the Ferrari were driven by a Singaporean and the taxi by a PRC?

As the news have non stop reported that the stretch of road is prone to accidents, I will not be surprised someone commences legal action against LTA or Government for causing the accident.

I never say its the Ferrari driver's estate

and even so, LTA and Government also orh bee good. Fucking place in Bugis is like US just bombarded Iraq

Ferrari crashed at Bugis / Rochor Junction (Video Slides)

Turn your sound off (lousy background music)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UpqWxy3oY&sns=fb]Ferrari crashed at Bugis / Rochor Junction (Video Slides) - YouTube[/ame]

OMFG...

I would like to turn some stones around. It is very common and almost a common sense to know that drunk driving in spore is an offence. We have been educated time and again by the local traffic police media and reminded time and again by law. It is impossible that a Singaporean wouldn't know that and still climb on board the driver's seat when he is half drunk. Most wouldn't even risk it if they know they are really drunk. Friends would have stopped these drivers from driving immediately.

A PRC on the other hand.. What is his chances of knowing that drunk driving is extremely illegal in spore. Maybe he does.. But does he know the extremity of doing so in spore? Statistically, probably lesser than the locals. China may have been a more forgiving place to drive when drunk. After all the chances of getting caught is slimmer. chances of buying himself out of trouble is also higher. Is the passenger a PRC too? I think that just add another layer of 'it's ok to let him drive... He's not drunk... People do it most of tine in china etc' mentality.

What's my point? He is from PRC has certain contributing factors, like it or not. Different upbringing, different interpretation of law abiding actions, different way of integrating into our society. Sure, locals get inti drunk driving accidents too. But probably not at this magnitude from the videos shown. The Ferrari was speeding head-on at 120kph on a non-expressway in a non-racing environment and beating traffic lights even when there is a cab in front of him.. Well how many local drunk drivers even have the balls or audacity to do that?

So PRC should have a different yardstick to obtain a driving license?

Mockngbrd;813445 said:
malay victim visits cabby's family

rExw1.jpg

fookers

Good to know the rider is recovering well. Earlier news report said he has spinal injuries. Sound scary.

Foreigners getting local license is easier then locals. Just take the theory test. no need for practical test.
We don't even know if he has a locally converted license et all.

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov...ore/information_drivinglicence_conversion.htm
A foreigner above 18 years of age and holding a Work Pass/Dependent Pass/Student Pass may drive in Singapore with a valid class 3, 3A or 2B foreign licence, for a period of not more than 12 months. A Singapore driving licence is required after 12 months.

Those on short term social visit may drive with their foreign licence for up to 12 months each time they enter into Singapore.

Last edited by a moderator:

My friend did that when he was having training overseas, got his license cheap cheap easy easy and come back to convert.

kenntona;813456 said:
So PRC should have a different yardstick to obtain a driving license?

If i were LTA, I would make sure all foreign drivers go through extra length to be awarded a spore driving licence. Call it an integration test or whatever. They should mock up a curriculum like that for all the Indian and PRC drivers.

I'm not sure why some are saying PRC drivers are better than local drivers. Go to china cities, big or small, stand on the streets.. Chances if you being knocked down is high. Many do not care about traffic lights. Both drivers and pedestrians. It is just a way of life for them. Driving slower than limit or road hogging which many sporeans are guilty of is bad. But those are better than reckless driving.

To put things into perspective, some cities do not even welcome PRC drivers. In HK, china registered cars are not allowed to enter. Cars from mainland could simply just enter HK via causeway just like how msian cars enter spore etc. But NO. PRC drivers are not welcomed there. Why? They drive like crazy horses. Just don't expect them to integrate themselves to spore road manners and ethics is what I'm trying to say here.

Ironically, Singaporean cars sped on NSHW, citing paying fines as a legitimate way of speeding above 200s.

Imagine we are required to take a Malaysian license to drive there......

VolanteDB9;813339 said:
most of us here been to chinese cities big and small and know what they drive like...however the way he puts it across is ... zzz ...
I apologies for the way I put across but sometimes e truth is hard to swallow and I speak my mind which causes me to be blunt instead of 'diplomatic' sometimes :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetceovn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back