Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

Re: Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

XXX;813466 said:
My friend did that when he was having training overseas, got his license cheap cheap easy easy and come back to convert.

got my license in 3 weeks overseas...

came back to TP to convert for $50...

need to have Basic Theory passed here and proof(passport) stayed overseas for 6months and driving test taken during that time...

Arkantos;813347 said:
Baby1M must have his own reason for doing so.

Personally, I heard it with my own ears. But one mouth does not represent the whole mindset of the population.
Yups, my reason is because I heard it with my own ears from a PRC and I also agree one mouth does not represent all.

Also again, I apologies for the way I put across i.e. bluntly, but sometimes e truth is hard to swallow and I speak my mind.

VolanteDB9;813475 said:
got my license in 3 weeks overseas...

came back to TP to convert for $50...

need to have Basic Theory passed here and proof(passport) stayed overseas for 6months and driving test taken during that time...

Ya he was there about 6 months, training, where got time to drive there man... :verysad:

PRC or not...its an accident no one wished it happened...and its an accident...

end of day lets be responsible and 'speed safely'. lets be honest here..we all enjoy a short burst of speed every now and then...if dont do that, buy sportscar for what...drive a normal Jap/korean car then no?

blame government for the accident? thats something very far fetched...objective people...stay focused. every issue can be politicised these days, amazing..this is excessive i say

kenntona;813472 said:
Ironically, Singaporean cars sped on NSHW, citing paying fines as a legitimate way of speeding above 200s.

Imagine we are required to take a Malaysian license to drive there......
Last wk, my Malaysian fren juz complain on FB about Singapore plate Audi S5 with 4 passengers cutting thru traffic on NSH dangerously.

XXX;813480 said:
Ya he was there about 6 months, training, where got time to drive there man... :verysad:

which country is that?

For those wanting to donate to the taxi driver's family,

'The funeral will be held under Blk 306 Canberra road, 13-17 May 2012.

Public is advised to come from 14 May 2012 onwards.

kenntona;813472 said:
Ironically, Singaporean cars sped on NSHW, citing paying fines as a legitimate way of speeding above 200s.

Imagine we are required to take a Malaysian license to drive there......
I m very sure almost all r guilty of exceeding e NSHW speed limit, me inclusive. The only difference is, my friend and I always ensure there's a long clear route in front of us before we hit e pedal hard otherwise will be constantly at 120-130kmph on HSHW.

We can still acquire the International Driving Permit (valid for 1 year) to drive in MY as this permit is even recognised in LHD countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

sszone;813485 said:
For those wanting to donate to the taxi driver's family,

'The funeral will be held under Blk 306 Canberra road, 13-17 May 2012.

Public is advised to come from 14 May 2012 onwards.
Thanks for the input, will balance my schedule to visit to contribute some.

whats the relevance of how foreigner gets singapore license with the accident ?

the law of international license conversion has been around for years and only now its brought up by citizens just because the cause of the accident is a PRC national driving a ferrari ?

bad drivers are bad drivers no matter what , if they want to drive like an ass they would regardless of how the process of getting a driving license.

now put it this way , what happen if the taxi dashes a light and kill a PRC road sweeper ? ( im pretty sure theres some bashings on the PRC to a certain extent... like ' oh ya.. one gone... more to go ' )

this is what Singaporean's mistakes are , they make other's problem theirs and bring in other irrelevant things into the picture . And then complain complain complain complain complain scold scold scold scold... All behind the internet ? seriously....

What is there to gain out of it , is most people really that free ? if everyone has time to shoot and complaint , probably life's not that stressfull afterall since most are so free...

regardless of race or nationality, defensive drive to protect yourself and your loved ones as much possible..
inflated ego/pride may not only destroy yourself but other families as well...
just don't wish to see another disheartening case after the accident at budget terminal and this one..

another poor singaporean killed by rich FT.
this is so fucking wrong.
when is it time to declare war on foreigners ?

Terry;813493 said:

the law of international license conversion has been around for years and only now its brought up by citizens just because the cause of the accident is a PRC national driving a ferrari ?

Exactly...that's why we are able to rent cars and drive ourselves when overseas, rather than paying incredibly high (much higher than Singapore) taxi fares.

Baby1M said:
I m very sure almost all r guilty of exceeding e NSHW speed limit, me inclusive. The only difference is, my friend and I always ensure there's a long clear route in front of us before we hit e pedal hard otherwise will be constantly at 120-130kmph on HSHW.

The difference between a "controlled risk taker" and a "reckless driver" is often luck.

Terry;813493 said:

bad drivers are bad drivers no matter what , if they want to drive like an ass they would regardless of how the process of getting a driving license.

now put it this way , what happen if the taxi dashes a light and kill a PRC road sweeper ? ( im pretty sure theres some bashings on the PRC to a certain extent... like ' oh ya.. one gone... more to go ' )

this is what Singaporean's mistakes are , they make other's problem theirs and bring in other irrelevant things into the picture . And then complain complain complain complain complain scold scold scold scold... All behind the internet ? seriously....

What is there to gain out of it , is most people really that free ? if everyone has time to shoot and complaint , probably life's not that stressfull afterall since most are so free...

I think its relevant especially with the influx of FT. Law of International License Conversion might be able to change, if not the procedures and requirements to convert.

Mockngbrd;813505 said:
or deliberately running a red light as it seems

s640x480

this one no risk...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alberto3031