Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

Re: Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

true..it doesn't help that I walk into my hairdresser's and she is Malaysian attending to a Thai lady , her assistant is PRC, the 3 other customers were India Indians and I am the only Singaporean.. I am the minority in my own environment...

MW said:
true..it doesn't help that I walk into my hairdresser's and she is Malaysian attending to a Thai lady , her assistant is PRC, the 3 other customers were India Indians and I am the only Singaporean.. I am the minority in my own environment...

It might be a grim reminder to you that Miko is Malaysian.

from Yahoo

The last moments of the taxis driver: On sat, after undergoing two operations, blood transfusion, numerous heart adrenalin injections, the taxis driver remained unconscious and was subsequently declared brain dead. On sun, the taxis driver continued to fight for his life, struggling to stay alive despite the pain that he suffered (severe brain hemorrhage, massive internal bleeding, broken rib cage, punctured lungs, damaged kidneys... his whole face was swollen and bloated due to the massive blood loss internally)... The atmosphere is unbearable... Yet he fight on... and on... and on, refusing to give up. His family members felt that he wanted to tell them something but as he couldn't speak a word, he just laid there enduring the pain. He eventually drew his last breath after his family members showed him the Sin Ming and Wan Bao that published the camera footage of the accident. Realizing that the world now knows the truth that the Ferrari driver is at fault and he is innocent, he can finally be freed of the pain. His heart beat plunged to zero within 10 mins

SINGAPORE - The Ferrari involved in a horrific crash was caught on camera speeding and beating the red light before smashing into a taxi.
Video footage of the incident shows the red supercar slamming into the taxi just five seconds after the traffic light turned green in the favour of the taxi at the junction of Victoria Street and Rochor Road.
ComfortDelGro taxi driver, who only wanted to be known as Mr Yeo, handed the two-minute long video over to Shin Min Daily news. Mr Yeo was travelling in his taxi at about 4am that Saturday morning when he witnessed the accident. The footage was shot via his in-car camera.

The video shows the 50-year-old cabby, who was driving four passengers to Newton Circus, travelling along North Bridge Road. Before he could make a right turn into Rochor Road, he stopped in the second lane from the left at the notorious junction as the lights had turned red. On Mr Yeo's right was the ill-fated ComfortDelGro cab.
Once the lights turned green in Mr Yeo's favour, the cab on his right moved off immediately. The cab was barely one car length in front of Mr Yeo's vehicle when the Ferrari slammed into it.
The video shows a five-second interval between the traffic light turning green and the Ferrari crashing into the taxi.
Mr Yeo said that he did not realise it was a Ferrari at first as the red shadow was so fast he could not make it out. He estimates that the driver was travelling at more than 100kmh.
He also thought the accident was minor. He only realised how close he was to death when he reviewed the video footage later that day.
He went to pray at about 6am before heading home and sharing the incident with his wife and children.
Those who witnessed the accident can call the police at 1800-547-1818.

The Malaysian and PRC are serving you. The other four are contributing to our economy. I don't see the problem.

yellowhandman;813626 said:
The Malaysian and PRC are serving you. The other four are contributing to our economy. I don't see the problem.

He doesnt like sharing the girls with the other 3 indian men lol

always see left and right,and left again before moving off from a traffic light stop.
the road is getting more dangerous with so many FT with kopi license.

Level of xenophobia in SG is getting ridiculous.

Everything also blame FT? Wonder what caused all the accidents before the FTs arrived.

'Ridiculous' isn't the right word. It's frightening. While there's room for argument about how many FTs to allow, and also what the distinctions between foreign workers, PRs and citizens should be, it's always dangerous when this kind of prejudice starts to develop. Just wondering how long it'll be before someone commits an anti-FT hate crime, and I just hope that will get more Singaporeans to wake up and realise how dangerous this anti-FT extremism can be.

This news has sadden me more... :( wat is gonna happen to e family members? (excluding the ferrari family members as i assume they r rich)

A moment of folly, causes others to lost love ones..

Be brave, have faith for the family members ...

:( :( :(

yellowhandman;813668 said:
'Ridiculous' isn't the right word. It's frightening. While there's room for argument about how many FTs to allow, and also what the distinctions between foreign workers, PRs and citizens should be, it's always dangerous when this kind of prejudice starts to develop. Just wondering how long it'll be before someone commits an anti-FT hate crime, and I just hope that will get more Singaporeans to wake up and realise how dangerous this anti-FT extremism can be.

This xenophobia of sorts is also in place, due in large, poor policies and the perception of unfairness by the government and it's instruments, as I've demonstrated HERE.

Whose fault is it then?

yellowhandman;813626 said:

The problem is I am a minority in my own environment in my own country or you cannot see past the dollar sign?

dangerous to PAP in 2016, no effect on me as i only grumble and complain.
162 countries on this planet ? no need to feel so attached to just only one.
this is world without borders, can always be a FT yourself.

Darth Vader;813695 said:
dangerous to PAP in 2016, no effect on me as i only grumble and complain.
162 countries on this planet ? no need to feel so attached to just only one.
this is world without borders, can always be a FT yourself.

True but there are some in this country who cant get out and despite being born and struggling all thier lifes, they have been neglected by policies that were driven by greed.

I dont have any issue with real Foreign Talents, provided they are essential. there are 2 groups of ppl who pis me off

1. pple who get a job here bc their fellow countrymen have planted their flags in the company

2. Ultra rich ppl, who have dubious source of income who settle down here and live like they are above the law.

I am unhappy with the garmen for

1. marginalising and trivialising singaporeans

2. focusing on policies that are economic gains and all cost without considering social consequnces

3. the govt's dont ask dont tell policy on source of overseas income.

4. Lastly for still trying to treat us and idiots by running PR campaigns to promote their "values"

I grew up in the 70s, its true live was hard but we were happy. I hope someday we have our country back.

Well just wanted to vent my feelings

cheers

Yup, a matter of time. Its better for the government to wake up before the people. Slow down the influx, listen to the people, solve internal problems, don't be so greedy and hungry for development, and making so much money. Stop pushing forward so hard. Pulling the string too hard, it will snap.

Last edited by a moderator:

XXX;813716 said:
Up, a matter of time. Its better for the government to wake up before the people. Slow down the influx, listen to the people, solve internal problems, don't be so greedy and hungry for development, and making so much money. Stop pushing forward so hard. Pulling the string too hard, it will snap.

If you would wear their shoes for a moment, it is not as easy as it seems. Every measure you implement will take some years and we have seen some work done. Cut them some slacka nd give it some time. On a general note, I do agree with your view and yes, it's a matter of time. Everything is...

XXX;813716 said:
Up, a matter of time. Its better for the government to wake up before the people. Slow down the influx, listen to the people, solve internal problems, don't be so greedy and hungry for development, and making so much money.
wait long long... they will tell you to reflect and repent becos for some reason, ppl will still vote for them. anyway back to topic, y so much media coverage on how this chinaman is "handsome young successfu" ?

The govt is like my 2 yr old, when he does something wrong and i scold him he cries and stops doing it, but after a while he knows I wont carry out my threats, so tries his luck again....

PAP should stop running the government like a company CEO.

This CEO analogy came from my big taiwanese dua takay mouth. He said the reason why Singapore government is so successful is because it is managing the country like a company CEO.

Profit is the only objective, rest not even on the radar edge.

this is just silly. its a terrible accident no doubt. lots of finger pointing....its becoming quite clear an idiot in a red missle shot a light n killed 2 innocent lives and maimed 2 others. the fool paid with his life. thats it.

it has nothing to do with FT or ferrari or taxi (i read in one forum: 1 less annoying taxi driver to contend with). im sick of reading idiotic comments that make us singaporeans sound like uneducated blood starved neanderthals. it cud hv happend in a very different way with a lorry or bike or crane.

its a needless accident...lives innocent or otherwise have been lost. its very humbling to watch. pls dun bring down your own iq by passing silly judgements or by going on irrelevant witch-hunts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor8832

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back