Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

Re: Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

3 lives are lost, its true that the ferrari driver is wrong,but i still feel sorry for all parties involved. it should also serve as lesson for all that we should wait a few seconds after green to move off , we may be safe drivers but there always reckless people on the road. Last month i saw near accident with a taxi and Eclass coupe who beat the red light, it was a near miss....Lets all drive with care...cheers

Now 3 died... taxi driver passed away in hospital... was already brain-dead.... :( sad

diablo_728;813184 said:
3 lives are lost, its true that the ferrari driver is wrong,but i still feel sorry for all parties involved. it should also serve as lesson for all that we should wait a few seconds after green to move off , we may be safe drivers but there always reckless people on the road. Last month i saw near accident with a taxi and Eclass coupe who beat the red light, it was a near miss....Lets all drive with care...cheers

Couldn't agree more. This was what happened to me last year:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/lounge/47368-wts-brobots-e90.html
C3P0;619292 said:
Lucky I'm still here to talk cock with u all. Me and daughter was almost killed by a car that beat red light. Not that kind of amber-turn-red chiong kind. That car's red light has been there for at least a minute and in fact my lights will turn red soon to his favor. If I'm 2 seconds faster he would have cut my wrong-offset spoilt cigeratte charger port e90 into half.

In my case above, my light didn't just turn green but it has been green so long that it was going to turn red soon ! All the pedestrians at that junction was screaming when they saw that Nissan Sun y just zooming thru the junction and almost hitting me. Knn if it hits me it would have whack into the side where my daughter was sitting.

some forum mentions that the ferrari might not have the intention the beat the red lights, becos along that stretch of road is wide and have too many traffic lights ahead, he might be looking at the one further.

Seriously, there was once i also kanna that stretch of road, and looking at the wrong traffic lights. heng, I drive slow , manage to stop.

Everything will not happen when there is no speeding involved.

I believe we should not just accelerate once the light turns green......Kind of dangerous.

Saw an accident years back too when the motorbike accerelated once light turn Green and hit-on a car that just beat the red light at the junction of Bendemeer road ........

southern;813198 said:
some forum mentions that the ferrari might not have the intention the beat the red lights, becos along that stretch of road is wide and have too many traffic lights ahead, he might be looking at the one further.

Seriously, there was once i also kanna that stretch of road, and looking at the wrong traffic lights. heng, I drive slow , manage to stop.

No offence but I feel that such an argument just wouldn't hold any weight. In your case, why u managed to stop? Because you were not going way too fast

So many pple drive along that road daily but how many crashed like this incident?

If the Ferrari driver can't see well or has slow reaction due to whatever reasons, all the more he has to drive extra carefully

Modern cars are also getting more powerful, even the new f30 320 can also do about 7s for 0 - 100kmh, we all have to be more careful when driving. Sometimes it really doesn't feel that we are driving as fast as we actually are

I'm no csi guy but my take is that excessive speed is still the main suspect/culprit for this silly waste of human lives

Disclaimer : I'm not saying I have never sped or drove above the speed limit before
But driving at say speed limit + 10 - 30kmh and still being able to stop in time is different from driving way above limit and can't stopping in time, be it a supercar or QQ

Baby1M;813099 said:
I take my words back if there's 100% no relevancy but am confident there is at least some relevancy even if it's not totally irrelevant.

If there's a culture where a person is born into and naturally in another country, that imbedded culture since young is not easy to be changed e.g. the road attitude in a particular country e.g. its better to kill a person on e road than to hurt and not kill e person, naturally e attitude of driving on e road is different.

how sure are you of PRC drivers attitude that its better to kill a person on e road than an injured person?

because you read alot?

joshdway;813214 said:
No offence but I feel that such an argument just wouldn't hold any weight. In your case, why u managed to stop? Because you were not going way too fast

So many pple drive along that road daily but how many crashed like this incident?

If the Ferrari driver can't see well or has slow reaction due to whatever reasons, all the more he has to drive extra carefully

+1
from the video he is indeed speeding....probably mis-judgement after having a couple of drinks.

whatever it is, drive safe. and be home safely to your parents, wife and kids.

dun sms, check whatsapp, or do some dumbf**k things while driving. :stop!:

im guilty too, of always checking the phone. :biggun: :stfu:

lets cherish life.

All can have their say but none of this can bring the three dead back to life..what is important we must remember what we learned from this and play our part to drive carefully to reduce accidents thus spare innocent lives... my two cents opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

newbie88;813055 said:
Anyone knows how to help the taxi driver's family?

the ferrarichat guys are doing a charity... else the wake is posted up in other forums...u can come down apparently is open to public

PRC or not what the ferrari driver did was seriously stupid driving .

VolanteDB9;813218 said:
how sure are you of PRC drivers attitude that its better to kill a person on e road than an injured person?

because you read alot?

Not trying to start another debate here, but there is certainly some truth in what Baby1M has said.

Arkantos;813315 said:
Not trying to start another debate here, but there is certainly some truth in what Baby1M has said.

most of us here been to chinese cities big and small and know what they drive like...however the way he puts it across is ... zzz ...

Baby1M must have his own reason for doing so.

Personally, I heard it with my own ears. But one mouth does not represent the whole mindset of the population.

I think Singaporeans' driving suck. Just look at those S-plates on NSHW. Is this a valid argument?

kenntona;813350 said:
I think Singaporeans' driving suck. Just look at those S-plates on NSHW. Is this a valid argument?

This I agreed, esp road hoggers on the first lane haha

No right/wrong to me, one pen different strokes

Is this the picture of the girl in ferrari car ?

Sigh sad story......someone shld tell SLK69 that the PRC gal in the ferrari still alive otherwise he go 3rd level and cry for nothing.....

Singapore is one of the toughest plc to get a driving licence...tons of theory and practical tests.....dnt think it the skill problem here....it the attitude problem...everyone think they race car driver..and drive like they in some cop or action movie....1st lane is for over taking....but with no1 willing to let u over take here it become pointless.....

As long as within speed limit it shld not b consider as road hogging....

That strech of road is undergoing major diversion and a lot of curve....I believe there is alcohol and pussy influence here....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveRogerss
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back