Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

bimmerguy;1053277 said:
Hi, bro Aaron. Pls pm me details of stockist and ws and costs. Tks a lot

Ok, PM u now, sorry just saw ur post.
It's better u PM or text me, faster

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Aaron_BMW;1054319 said:
Usually is 3/4
The best time to check is 10 mins after starting engine

so the level depends on when do you check? :hmmidont:

adam2;1054641 said:
so the level depends on when do you check? :hmmidont:

No, the advise given to me by the mechanic was to check the oil level at the most accurate timing, u have to check during the 1st 10 mins after u start ur engine.
The oil sensor is not perfect to begin with.

but so long the warning light does not come out, i am happy

clocked 1,600km after the repair, so far so good

thanks for recommendation of that shop :goodup:

Red_Bean_Bun;931270 said:
Did they clean up all that brown stuff along the way since the valve cover is off ?

would be a pity if they did not ......

Bro how much for the labour?

buddybuddy;1055248 said:
Bro how much for the labour?

PM U now.....

Hi Aaron,

Can PM me the cost of labour and workshop details too?

Thanks.

aventus;1055689 said:
Hi Aaron,

Can PM me the cost of labour and workshop details too?

Thanks.

Ok, PM u now.....

Thanks Aaron. Ive got it.

Hi Aaron please pm me Francis's contact.
Thanks

M-Sport;1055788 said:
Hi Aaron please pm me Francis's contact.
Thanks

Ok, PM u now

Hi Aaron
Please kindly pm me the jb workshop details too. I have this intermittent smoke problem. Perhaps it is like what you've mentioned.

Hi Guys,

Just sharing. I'm driving an e60 (2006).

I've recently changed the Gaskets and the valves about 3 months ago. The white smoke went off but other things arises after, but then again, that's another different topic altogether. Recently though, I saw white smoke coming out from the exhaust again and as if that's not enough, the "Coolant level low" starts to signal on me "again" almost every week....zzz. Now I suspect that the coolant might have somehow sip into "somewhere" and causing these problems to arise.

With all that, recently my car refuses to startup immediately in the morning. After compressing the brake paddle for a while, it will then resume its startup process. I figure that'll be a different problem too.

I've been visiting the JB workshop for a while and though I find that their service is good, I can't help but feel that this stupid beemer is causing me too much inconvenience....sigh.

Its just not economically sane to change my ride now due to the overly inflated price. Just pray nothing major happens till the COE Run-Out-Date....

Anyone with similar challenges?

Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

jamesbon72;1058779 said:
Hi Guys,

Just sharing. I'm driving an e60 (2006).

I've recently changed the Gaskets and the valves about 3 months ago. The white smoke went off but other things arises after, but then again, that's another different topic altogether. Recently though, I saw white smoke coming out from the exhaust again and as if that's not enough, the "Coolant level low" starts to signal on me "again" almost every week....zzz. Now I suspect that the coolant might have somehow sip into "somewhere" and causing these problems to arise.

With all that, recently my car refuses to startup immediately in the morning. After compressing the brake paddle for a while, it will then resume its startup process. I figure that'll be a different problem too.

I've been visiting the JB workshop for a while and though I find that their service is good, I can't help but feel that this stupid beemer is causing me too much inconvenience....sigh.

Its just not economically sane to change my ride now due to the overly inflated price. Just pray nothing major happens till the COE Run-Out-Date....

Anyone with similar challenges?

There are too many workshops that profess to be 'experts' in BMWs. Many of us have had our rides f'ed up too many times in the most unimaginable ways by well-known and reputable workshops. I had my VC gasket changed four times by a big and reputable Conti workshop only to get it rectified by one of our site sponsor workshops who found that the seal was installed wrongly.

You probably need to find yourself a better workshop that knows BMWs better than just changing parts. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

done 3,000km after repair

so far so good

Last edited by a moderator:

seanskye;1058784 said:
There are too many workshops that profess to be 'experts' in BMWs.

You probably need to find yourself a better workshop that knows BMWs better than just changing parts. Cheers.

Actually to be fair, the workshops, site sponsors or not, ALL have ONE (1) BMW expert, usually the owner or head mechanic. But he is NEVER there to attend to your car. He is either busy marketing his services or goods online or to high net worth (read: power mods) customers or not interested in attending to you, leaving you with his mechs who know only how to change oil and filter (and this some can even cock it up). I mean who the fcuk r u to demand personal attention from the head mechanic or boss? you are just a passing customer looking for a cheap workshop and not a loyal returning customer.

How many times have you heard this workshop or that workshop is opened by ex-PML mechanic so MUST be good, only to leave you disappointed. Its just like a HDB clinic who is opened by an ex-private hospital Senior Consultant….or a small one man law firm who is opened by an ex partner of a top law firm.

Thats why I say….go back PML/MA if you cannot accept what I wrote above. At least when things cock up there is a proper channel of recourse. For others, you may end up like once huat huat TWM and bah long long when ur car cocks up.

OR you can just go to ONE workshop ALL the time and then build up a relationship with the mechanic or boss so as to get some personal attention…unlike many newbies here only know how to post one thread asking for recommendations for good BMW ws and then MIA or come back complain that recommended ws is lousy blah blah. I heard this many times of R2D and BVO…but do you know Rod or Ah Wee well enough?

Anybody notice during VCG change if your workshop use FIPG as well as rubber gasket?

seanskye said:
There are too many workshops that profess to be 'experts' in BMWs.

It is not the workshops per se.

I think there are too many mechanics and people claiming to be experts. Some shop in Sin Ming damaged my DME while experimenting with chipping with my 335 when it was new. Cock and bull stories all surfaced. Thankfully Andre rectified the issue (before he started BOSS). Like I have said, when it comes to real knowledge and experience, it will be Rod (R2D, overall), Ah Wee (BVO, overall) and Andre (Boss, on N54/N55).

MW said:
Actually to be fair, the workshops, site sponsors or not, ALL have ONE (1) BMW expert, usually the owner or head mechanic. But he is NEVER there to attend to your car. He is either busy marketing his services or goods online or to high net worth (read: power mods) customers or not interested in attending to you, leaving you with his mechs who know only how to change oil and filter (and this some can even cock it up). I mean who the fcuk r u to demand personal attention from the head mechanic or boss? you are just a passing customer looking for a cheap workshop and not a loyal returning customer.

Everyone wants the chief to handle their car but there is only one per shop. Then there are cheapos and lowballers and some jokers who values costs over quality of services...... why bother finding out who's good and who's not?

After sharing advices for so many years, many still wanna try some exotic names and cheap places. Tell you you also dun wanna listen, ask for what?

[video=youtube;QB5Uer42e7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB5Uer42e7w[/video]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luck8bot
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back