• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Volker Racing Spark Plugs

Re: Volker Racing Spark Plugs

Hello everyone.

I think it is time to clear the air. In an earlier post by Calvin, the post lifted from another forum was by yet another friend trying to help out. Since then, the prices for the plugs have gone up as the new construction methods and materials have increased the manufacturing costs. Rodney has posted the right prices and models for the new batch of plugs and these are prices meant only for forumers only.

Looking forward to your continued support.

Regards

No worries CP. There was already a post earlier on (one of these 30 pages keke) by Yendor/Rodney on the price increase from $135 to $150. Non-issue for me. I must say again the plugs are wonderful!

Hi yendor......after I install the "Super" plug.....I'm a happy man....

So yesterday went dwn to bvo to install the UUC pulley kit + KNN air filter. But after that, I don't feel the any improvement on my car, but start to feel a bit heavy than b4.........

So this morning I went dwn to bvo again, and replace back my stock pulley. Now I get back the feel of when i just install the plug.

Just wonder y????? Is it good to have the UUC pulley back to my car....or not?????

Hi Yendor....what model of volker plugs suit my E46 318 (1.9L/4 cyl)? Price?

ykh1 said:

So yesterday went dwn to bvo to install the UUC pulley kit + KNN air filter. But after that, I don't feel the any improvement on my car, but start to feel a bit heavy than b4.........

So this morning I went dwn to bvo again, and replace back my stock pulley. Now I get back the feel of when i just install the plug.

Just wonder y????? Is it good to have the UUC pulley back to my car....or not?????

With the UUC pulleys, the car would feel lighter coz the pulleys are supposedly to be lighter than stocks. Regarding the air filter..not sure though...

ykh1 said:

One word.... Strange. With the pulley, the only downside is your steering might feel a tad heavier. Throttle shd be lighter.....

Bro, the UUC pulleys are actually heavier than the original plastic ones. The pulleys reduce the running resistance by reducing the rotational torque needed to drive the power steering and water pump. Thus at the same engine speed, your ancilliares (less alternator) turns at a slightly lower speed (about 10% slower).

The car should be able to achieve slightly better engine response with the pullies. Before i go on further, was your clutch fan coming on a little more often with the pullies? Sometimes when you install pullies, the coolant flow is not enough to get rid of the excess heat and the temps rise causing the fan clutch to engage and driving the fan. When the fan comes on, it is gonna be a major drag on the engine. This may explain the lag.

Let me know dude....
Cheers

ykh1 said:

holinezz said:
Hi Yendor....what model of volker plugs suit my E46 318 (1.9L/4 cyl)? Price?

Bro, I think you should go for the 6ZX plugs cos yours is the 8 valve engine right? If it is yours will cost $90.

Cheers

Mr Beem. CP will be heading up to KL the following week......

Hi!

Do you mean the UUC pulleys have smaller overall diameter? Not a great idea; the water pump will be under-driven (spin at a lower speed) that may affect the cooling rate...almost like a slipping belt! Dont really see the benefits of the pulley except that it lessens the load on the engine...for the rite or wrong reason??

Ciao

yendor said:
Bro, the UUC pulleys are actually heavier than the original plastic ones. The pulleys reduce the running resistance by reducing the rotational torque needed to drive the power steering and water pump. Thus at the same engine speed, your ancilliares (less alternator) turns at a slightly lower speed (about 10% slower).

The car should be able to achieve slightly better engine response with the pullies. Before i go on further, was your clutch fan coming on a little more often with the pullies? Sometimes when you install pullies, the coolant flow is not enough to get rid of the excess heat and the temps rise causing the fan clutch to engage and driving the fan. When the fan comes on, it is gonna be a major drag on the engine. This may explain the lag.

Let me know dude....
Cheers

yendor said:

Let me know dude....
Cheers

Thanks for the info yendor..........by the way...how do we check the clutch fan coming on more often with the pulley?????

Heheee....coz i dun know much abt the car syytem/engine.....

The pullies are actually larger compared to the stock. The system uses the same crank pully (so harmonic balancers are not affected) and are installed on the power steering pump and water pump pulleys) that is how they underdrive is achieved. UUC did a study and the 10% underdrive was acceptable. I usually compensate with a bottle of water wetter or purple ice to increase heat transfer.

So far my temps are constant before and after the pullies.....

yendor,

Great if someone is going to KL..u mean on the week of 15 Sept?

ykh1 said:
Thanks for the info yendor..........by the way...how do we check the clutch fan coming on more often with the pulley?????

Heheee....coz i dun know much abt the car syytem/engine.....

Bro you can hear the fan spooling up if your radio is not too loud. It sounds like a loud "whooooo" and it usually comes on after some stop start traffic. Just use your ears and it should be quite obvious.

Cheers

beem said:
yendor,

Bro will let you know.

Guys, latest update on status, these are the guys left from the original order.

1. Jaskin 4 pcs
4. Rex7_vtec 6 pcs
5. Silver 31 6 pcs (7ZC not in stock yet)

Cheers

Rodney

Hello Rodney,

Many thanks for your wonder plugs. Car feel lighter now.

My brother is driving a M3....oops.. not BMW M3 but Madza 3. Is the plugs suitable?

Regards,

black_cat said:
Hello Rodney,

Many thanks for your wonder plugs. Car feel lighter now.

My brother is driving a M3....oops.. not BMW M3 but Madza 3. Is the plugs suitable?

Regards,

Bro. Mazda 3 uses the 6ZX plugs. they are $90 per set of 4 plugs. There are lots of stocks now.

Cheers

beem said:
yendor,

Bro, you've got PM. Will be heading up to KL over this coming weekend.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedvay
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back