Waiting for my 520d!!!!

Re: Waiting for my 520d!!!!

jonleeck;1001069 said:
Strawberry. .. u dun have it. Creamy.....yammy. mine 450km plus.. but I song.

Alright u win.

so good FC.............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

BMW123;1001151 said:
I don't understand why our government would want to tax more on diesel model, especially so when it is supposed to be more environmentally friendly... same applies to hybrid whereby they are much more expensive to buy. =(

need to hit KPI???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

N54toN47;973480 said:
i think diesel is going to catch on...considering the cost and environmental benefits. Look at Jag, Audi and VW. So resale may be an issue now but not in years to come. Europe currently sells more diesel than petrol cars. Asia is quite behind due to mindsets and inertia to change.

I am sure most of us don't mind diesel if government don't impose additional taxes. It just make no sense.

I wonder how is the reliability of 520d... i am definitely keen to get a diesel car next if it is a reliable work horse.

BMW123;1001154 said:
I am sure most of us don't mind diesel if government don't impose additional taxes. It just make no sense.

our car buy already once it hit 10 years then must re-new COE also doesnt make sense...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1001158 said:
our car buy already once it hit 10 years then must re-new COE also doesnt make sense...

Lol.... indeed it is senseless to the world on the COE. Unfortunately govt used it to control the car population. Again, on the diesel issue, it is something that is more economical and environmental friendly... why govt want to tax more?? So much about being environmentally responsible!!

BMW123;1001160 said:
ac323;1001158 said:

Lol.... indeed it is senseless to the world on the COE. Unfortunately govt used it to control the car population. Again, on the diesel issue, it is something that is more economical and environmental friendly... why govt want to tax more?? So much about being environmentally responsible!!

agreed..............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1001161 said:
BMW123;1001160 said:
agreed..............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

There again, it could be a case of late review of policy. Last time, diesel vehicles are used primarily for commercial purposes. So there are more taxes. Maybe our govt will review it. Better very late than never.... Lol.

My guess is.... if everyone uses diesel, they earn less from petrol taxes.. thus they tax the diesel to combat the shortcoming.
Thats just my guess though.. :/

Anyway, would diesel conti cars' maintainence cost more than a petrol drinking conti car??

Last edited by a moderator:

BMW123;1001157 said:
I wonder how is the reliability of 520d... i am definitely keen to get a diesel car next if it is a reliable work horse.

Diesel engines are very common in Europe, 40% are on diesel. This is not the first time BMW make diesel turbo.

BMW123;1001157 said:
Pls jump out of the well.

Much more concerned abt the cost of maintaining the diesel cars...

brosiss;1001189 said:
Diesel engines are very common in Europe, 40% are on diesel. This is not the first time BMW make diesel turbo.

Lol...... Yes, i am well aware that this is not the first for BMW (and for many other brands as well) ... being common in europe does not mean it will be reliable. Furthermore, we also have to consider the weather conditions, humidity, spare parts availability, etc over here as it is considered fairly new game.

Taxis, lorries and trucks have been using diesel here for 30 years ....... It works.

It's about the money. All those taxes as a deterrent to driving vs taxes for using the roads here. Twisted.

BMW123;1001257 said:
Lol...... Yes, i am well aware that this is not the first for BMW (and for many other brands as well) ... being common in europe does not mean it will be reliable. Furthermore, we also have to consider the weather conditions, humidity, spare parts availability, etc over here as it is considered fairly new game.

Lol.... agree, it's about money at the end of the day. We will probably go on the other side of the balance whereby diesel costs twice more than petrol =)

Actually, i think most people don't mind driving a hybrid if govt can cut taxes on them. Well, did that happen? No.... back to your comment... its all about money =)

BMW123;1001257 said:
U really need to jump out of your well.

BMW diesel exists in Malaysia since E39 530d. Go to BMW Club Malaysia & check it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ku3933
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back