Waiting for my 520d!!!!

Re: Waiting for my 520d!!!!

BMW123;1001269 said:
Lol.... agree, it's about money at the end of the day. We will probably go on the other side of the balance whereby diesel costs twice more than petrol =)

Actually, i think most people don't mind driving a hybrid if govt can cut taxes on them. Well, did that happen? No.... back to your comment... its all about money =)

Dude, diesel tax was cut from the start of this year. That's one of the reasons why I actually went ahead and bought the car. I calculated that I will recover the extra tax through petrol savings after 5 months. Maybe if more people kao peh the diesel tax for Euro V compliant cars will drop further too...who knows.

Revision of Special Tax for Euro V Compliant Diesel Cars | Press Room | Land Transport Authority

BMW123;1001257 said:
Lol...... Yes, i am well aware that this is not the first for BMW (and for many other brands as well) ... being common in europe does not mean it will be reliable. Furthermore, we also have to consider the weather conditions, humidity, spare parts availability, etc over here as it is considered fairly new game.

The 520d is a well proven car in Europe, in fact, it has received excellent reviews. Not sure how weather, humidity or parts are an issue (although I read that diesel does better at higher altitudes haha) Its really just a mindset that needs to change. At first, I thought that its a leap of faith, but its not. You are buying a damn fine BMW, not some prototype or experimental car thats gonna fall to pieces. Its only an experiment in your mind because nobody drives this car in this part of the world.

N54toN47;1001370 said:
The 520d is a well proven car in Europe, in fact, it has received excellent reviews. Not sure how weather, humidity or parts are an issue (although I read that diesel does better at higher altitudes haha) Its really just a mindset that needs to change. At first, I thought that its a leap of faith, but its not. You are buying a damn fine BMW, not some prototype or experimental car thats gonna fall to pieces. Its only an experiment in your mind because nobody drives this car in this part of the world.
Honestly, he really needs to jump of his well lah.

I have seen b4 in MY E39 530d. In TH, E60 520d. There are also quite large population of 320d/520d in Malaysia/Thailand.

A lot of ppl here are outdated in terms of diesel technology.

The D tax is now puny ...... 2 bowls of sharks fins soup every 6 months.

N54toN47;1001368 said:
Dude, diesel tax was cut from the start of this year. That's one of the reasons why I actually went ahead and bought the car. I calculated that I will recover the extra tax through petrol savings after 5 months. Maybe if more people kao peh the diesel tax for Euro V compliant cars will drop further too...who knows.

Revision of Special Tax for Euro V Compliant Diesel Cars | Press Room | Land Transport Authority

3M Nomad floor mats on sale at PML. Got them for $110. Just in case some people here wanted to get them:D

N54toN47;1001852 said:
3M Nomad floor mats on sale at PML. Got them for $110. Just in case some people here wanted to get them:D
BMW floor mat more sart lah. It is supposed to be pin down on the floor.

The 3m mats have velco bits and grip strips...

But still prefer the original bmw all weather rubber mats.

Meek!!! How muchie??

I realise actually 3m mat I dun really fancy.

davidtch;1002099 said:
U mean nowadays, BMW does not come with BMW floor mat? That's bloody cheapskate le.

Velour mats.... eek. The type you gotta take your shoes off when you get in ones.

Meek;1002120 said:
Velour mats.... eek. The type you gotta take your shoes off when you get in ones.
That's bloody cheapskate le to save on OMV.

Looks like i am not the only old fashion one here. Hehe.

velour mats are dirt/dust/sand magnets. You can hit it clean and the next moment u see dust/sand particles there again. (#)&$&&#(*^(#^*(^*(@)#$

Dust and sand never mind... if you step on mud or poo you can almost throw them away...

Meek;1002238 said:
Dust and sand never mind... if you step on mud or poo you can almost throw them away...
But valour mats feel more atas le.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ku3933
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back