• BMW 335i E92 Coupe with Twin Turbo engine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMW 325i E93 Hardtop Convertible

• BMW 335i E93 Hardtop Convertible with Twin Turbo engine

• Total voters

weak_pig

Hi all, if you were to choose between the new Coupe vs the hardtop convertible, which would you pick, and why?

Weak_Pig

Re: Which would you choose? 3-Series Coupe VS Convertible

no good poll, everybody will vote highest one and the 325 got no chance.

Please post your reasons on why you prefer Coupe over convertible OR Convertible over Coupe. Thanks!

BMW 335i E92 Coupe with Twin Turbo engine gets my vote!

becos its hot!

caySman;190113 said:
no good poll, everybody will vote highest one and the 325 got no chance.

yeah, I understand but my main reason for the poll is to find out if the Coupe or Hardtop convertible is more popular and why...

Coupe = more powerful but no open top freedom
Convertible = more fun car with open air feel but less power
Which one more beautiful? Debatable...

hardtop for the sleekness..i will choose the Z4M coupe to the roadster.

seems like Coupe more popular in Singapore... maybe because Singapore air damn hot/humid/polluted? haha...

The CC will be the one I'd choose. Coupe Cabrio for this E92 chassis is marginally less stiff than the coupe. Weight is about 400lb more. Just less than 15% heavier. As the car will never see much serious track action, the CC would be such a fun toy compared to the coupe.

Coupe Cabrio is which model? does it look the same as Coupe E92?

edit - oh sorry... Coupe Cabrio is referring to the hardtop convertible right?

Nick, that's a different consideration. The Z4 cab vs coupe, it's a Z4, it's a DRIVING PLEASURE car, you'd choose the coupe for more stiffness.

The E92 cab vs cabrio, it's a very much more compromised car which you buy for 3-4 people, so you would choose for more FUN not from a driving perspective, but a lifestyle perspective.

Anyway, that's how it works for me.

weak_pig said:
Coupe = more powerful but no open top freedom
Convertible = more fun car with open air feel but less power
Which one more beautiful? Debatable...
If your question surrounds beauty, the hard-top does not quite flush in the rear "canopy" - there are 2 lines "cutting" into the shape of the hard-top. In the predecessor (the E46 cabrio), it is a flushed piece of canvas - no lines cutting across the top.

If your question is on power/weight/practicality, then do note that the coupe is already 1.6 tons. The hard-top will be 1.8 tons. The latter is 200 kg heavier than the E46 cabrios - that's 3 grown adults sitting in that car !!! Not to mention more joints = more noise......

Of course, it is always good to go topless - I can testify that. But if the majority of the time the top is up, then a bigger concern could be the look of the car. And that being the case, the coupe looks better the cab (top up).

Chose 335i Coupe.

Hardtop, lighter, more performance driven.

Both cars same power, different handling in track. Lookswise, coupe wins over cab when top is up.

Yeah, the coupe is 200 kg lighter --- that's a hell of a lot. And the convertible does not look good when the top is up, ie 90% of the time. Finally, and for me decisively, I don't want to think what happens when the mechanism to raise the top fails. [It's not a simple device. It will fail sooner or later.] Not a problem if you have money to burn and change cars frequently. Otherwise too troublesome.

Don't get me wrong, convertibles are great fun. But the 335 is so good, it would feel like a waste somehow to lug around all that extra mass. So it has to be the coupe for me.

seems like the Coupe is still the choice amongst them two..
thanks for participating in the poll, guys

Cabrio for me too. With the coupe cabrio, you'll get 2 cars in 1.

In theory, the 335 bi-turbo engine should be able to provide enuf power to lug around the extra 200 kgs.

However, I have not test driven the coupe or the coupe cabrio yet.

Hi All....

I test drive the 325 coupe and 325 coupe hard top today...

I will go for 325 coupe...b'cos the 325 coupe hard top is more heavier and I feel
the fuel consumption is much more heavier than the 325 coupe...

As for 335 coupe is much more power than 325 coupe, but according to SE is about 1 - 2 seconds different from 0 - 100 km...

Correct me if I am wrong...

But ... but ... this is not a track car. It's a predominantly lifestyle car. What's 200kg in a 1.8 ton car? And with the CC it emphasizes the `lifestyle' factor so much more. For the first time you have a nice CC with decent size rear seats which drives well.

Really, I'll kick myself if I didn't go for the CC among the 2. Consider carefully - you're not a race driver. Which car would you enjoy more

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back