Wild Honey Restaurant incident

Re: Wild Honey Restaurant incident

Sorry, I not atas enough to try Wild Honey or Wild Orchid restaurant. I only eat hawker food $2.50 one.

OK, jokes aside, same thing happened to wife and me at Hyatt Hotel's Mezza9 restaurant one time. We didn't have a reservation, tried to look for a table for 2, told only counter seats available, so I said, we'll wait a while.

But, out of the corner of my eye, I noted an Ang Moh couple sauntering towards the reception. The Filipina FT was almost falling over herself in fawning over them, and I distinctly overheard the Ang Moh guy saying "We don't have a reservation". Of course, they got shown to a table.

I walked BACK to the reception, and at the top of my voice I said: "I thought you said didn't have a table for two? Or did you actually mean you only didn't have a table for two Chinese Singaporeans ?.

My wife and I got our table in double quick time.

But I never renewed my Club @ Hyatt Membership after that.

its sad to see how some people place ang mohs on pedestals and worship them...

You shd hav seen Wild Honey's facebook page admin kept deleting ppl's comments

I will boycott Wild Honey. We should support restaurant who welcome Singaporean.

Actually it's true there's some discrimination from time to time. I have also encountered it at Cold Storage where the cashier served an ang mo who is behind me in the queue due to some bullshit reason. During such times, we should just speak up . I told them off to send a clear message that such incidents will not be taken lightly. I am still a customer at Cold Storage after they apologised.

I got opposite treatment at my neighbour econ minimart
Maybe I lovable

Last edited by a moderator:

My ah-pong kueh seller also serve his "bro" banga worker first priority.

Oh u all should take SQ n see what is meant by Ang moh tua kee

MW;801413 said:
Oh u all should take SQ n see what is meant by Ang moh tua kee

To be fair, that hasn't happened to me... yet.

It's getting better but u can still see the difference. Oh and I am not saying the cabin crew treats us badly, just that they treat "them" better.

Of coz, one reason why we Asians do not get treated as well is probably coz we have golden mouths and do not knw how to say "thank you" when served. We perceive ourselves to be tua kee

One thing that I do to ensure fair treatment on SQ is this: soon after take off, request for a feedback form. If one is not available (everything is on line now) request to be made known the feedback URL or tel number.

Then, be fair. If the cabin crew has been attentive, ask for the cabin crew's name in particular and write in good feedback. If the cabin crew has been shit, send shit feedback to SQ.

Let them know in advance you mean business with that feedback form you've requested. Consperm good service until you paiseh to call for cabin crew.

But, to be fair, I also never abuse privilege lah. I don't all them to wipe my ass after pangsai....

Please thank me for this useful tip :)

Normally those who place the whites in higher esteem
are those who have low self esteem and inferior complex.
Probably still having ah gong ah ma mentality in the 50s-80s era
when the whites were consider upper class in comparision to
our third world status then. Dont forget those who are here are
the ones who cant make it back it their coutny.

naan1974;801434 said:
Dont forget those who are here are

Yes, and also those who like to get drunk, punch cabby in the face and jump bail. We got a lot of those too, recently....

my experience at restaurant, retail shop, departmental store, etc when ang moh open their mouth even they speak broken english full with gramatical error ... service people still hear their english like Queen's english and succumb to them and say Yes to whatever .... that's the fact

naan1974;801434 said:
Normally those who place the whites in higher esteem
are those who have low self esteem and inferior complex.
Probably still having ah gong ah ma mentality in the 50s-80s era
when the whites were consider upper class in comparision to
our third world status then. Dont forget those who are here are

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
libonexgummy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back