Zerotohundred TimeToAttack Round 2

Re: Zerotohundred TimeToAttack Round 2

Shaun;886428 said:
Yes the best char siew, but there are very few ways to kill and cook a glorypig, and it all takes lots money, planning, effort, risk.

Who is this glory pig that is stealing the thunder?

Tanzy;886572 said:
Who is this glory pig..?

It's not a single GP. Everyone is a GP - especially you. You just try to do it the easier/easiest way :D

Shaun;886619 said:
It's not a single GP. Everyone is a GP - especially you. You just try to do it the easier/easiest way :D

I like the easy way out.

totoseow;885047 said:
pls do not call others car ugly in this forum. must show respect..u never know when some will cry mother.

You have small koo koo. Smurf says one.

harold996tt;886627 said:
You have small koo koo. Smurf says one.

hey waddya know? its true! but balls bit bigger i also noticed. ahem

is that why you wear black racing suit? So we can't see the lack of bulge?

if u wanna see it...just tell me. i walk to asia square. u can touch too. saturday kart?

What's up guys, we've just published our latest video of the recent Round 2 and i'm excited to share it with you guys. especially because there's totoseow, ryan, shaun and arthur in it :)

[video=youtube;rDT0rwKf7qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDT0rwKf7qg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

please enjoy

The Final Round 3 will commence on Dec 16, hope to see you guys again!

round 3 dennis lian playing the mac. suggest u put him in a special demo run. else nobody will take part.

totoseow;925896 said:
round 3 dennis lian playing the mac. suggest u put him in a special demo run. else nobody will take part.

I think drivers will still take part since everyone was still game previously with Fauzy was doing 23s on semis and 19s on slicks. Now there are other 23 capable cars (GTRs mainly) on semis, and the mac I don't see going quicker than 22 on semis (taking bets!) assuming no special one off TA flash. Close competition rocks.

Pretty cool that mac is pushing one of its own cars and company reps driving. Nice if Ferrari and Lambo do the same. Put Mr Chong and Mr Chye respectively, in the top models. :D In other TAs internationally, you get some pretty huge name drivers from top level GT and touring car join in.

Thanks guys, the Final Round is set to commence next Sunday! (16th Dec)

Jeremy, i'm sure it's not that big a deal for you, after all, you had the mac in your first outing, moreover, you weren't in your top form last round i noticed. :)

Guys, we're really proud of the TIMETOATTACK and we'd love for you to come grace it even if you're not participating, It's a pretty awesome experience if you've never been to any of the rounds.

The M3 CSL is back with a new owner, so if you ever wanted to hear how the S54 howls through the box'ed itb, make a date with us next Weekend!

Shaun;925941 said:
I think drivers will still take part since everyone was still game previously with Fauzy was doing 23s on semis and 19s on slicks. Now there are other 23 capable cars (GTRs mainly) on semis, and the mac I don't see going quicker than 22 on semis (taking bets!) assuming no special one off TA flash. Close competition rocks.

Pretty cool that mac is pushing one of its own cars and company reps driving. Nice if Ferrari and Lambo do the same. Put Mr Chong and Mr Chye respectively, in the top models. :D In other TAs internationally, you get some pretty huge name drivers from top level GT and touring car join in.

That would be brilliant actually... I would go watch that.

Tom;930169 said:
Thanks guys, the Final Round is set to commence next Sunday! (16th Dec)

Jeremy, i'm sure it's not that big a deal for you, after all, you had the mac in your first outing, moreover, you weren't in your top form last round i noticed. :)

Guys, we're really proud of the TIMETOATTACK and we'd love for you to come grace it even if you're not participating, It's a pretty awesome experience if you've never been to any of the rounds.

The M3 CSL is back with a new owner, so if you ever wanted to hear how the S54 howls through the box'ed itb, make a date with us next Weekend!

i will decide last minute. more the weather recently than anything else. actually pls check on Trofeo R tires. i have them on the car now. its a full road semi slick. but im pretty sure nobody else hv them in these part of the world right now.

Believe I read somewhere that they're about to run out of space.

Shaun;930571 said:
Believe I read somewhere that they're about to run out of space.

2:25 in GTR? Well done mate. Thought you do more karting than driving these days. :)

pdreams;934952 said:
2:25 in GTR? Well done mate. Thought you do more karting than driving these days. :)

Had to push man...wouldn't want to hop out of the car after and have you say the laptime is "a waste" of the car right? Hahah

But seriously it should have been high 23s or low 24s if not for traffic, the inconsistency of stockish hardware pushed to the limit, and the very limited number of attempts before it completely overheats.

At least 3 competitors in the class are running big turbo kits at upwards of 900 hp, one over 1000hp. We're at 700 max, closer to 680 most laps. Also lacking aftermarket dampers, arms, joints, big brakes, rear wing, that most of the quick competitors already have.

I kart when I need to be humbled by 12 year old girls and 50 year old guys who destroy me in equal equipment. Also to stay sharp and fitter. Cars are for fun and high speed thrills, to feel better than I actually am (easier leagues, limited fields and field quality). But for actual physical and mental challenge, karts rule hands down - in excess of F3 levels.

Karting IS driving. Arguably the most challenging form of asphalt driving IMO, with much bigger fields and therefore quality. Time attack kings Lai Wee Sing and Farriz Fauzy, all big into karting. LWS especially impressive because he does everything from time attacks to endurance racing to drag and sprint - and is good in all forms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun;935056 said:
Had to push man...wouldn't want to hop out of the car after and have you say the laptime is "a waste" of the car right? Hahah

But seriously it should have been high 23s or low 24s if not for traffic, the inconsistency of stockish hardware pushed to the limit, and the very limited number of attempts before it completely overheats.

At least 3 competitors in the class are running big turbo kits at upwards of 900 hp, one over 1000hp. We're at 700 max, closer to 680 most laps. Also lacking aftermarket dampers, arms, joints, big brakes, rear wing, that most of the quick competitors already have.

I kart when I need to be humbled by 12 year old girls and 50 year old guys who destroy me in equal equipment. Also to stay sharp and fitter. Cars are for fun and high speed thrills, to feel better than I actually am (easier leagues, limited fields and field quality). But for actual physical and mental challenge, karts rule hands down - in excess of F3 levels.

Karting IS driving. Arguably the most challenging form of asphalt driving IMO, with much bigger fields and therefore quality. Time attack kings Lai Wee Sing and Farriz Fauzy, all big into karting. LWS especially impressive because he does everything from time attack to endurance racing to drag and sprint.

Participation is in good spirit and interest, even if you came in at 3:00mins with GTR I also will not say wasted. After all, how many are in the good position to track, join time attack, race etc.

Its a different act altogether to set good times in TAs with limited time and traffic. Quite similar to a qualifying session I suppose.

Indeed karting is a most physical and rewarding driving experience within reasonable means. Still, I wouldn't say that you are in an easier league with limited field and field quality. Cut yourself some slack lah.

It is not without purpose to participate in TA, endurance races, track days if one considers the experience as a whole; to see other cars and what others are achieving in similar machinery in class or simply just for the love of the sport etc.

So, rental of any beat-up kart available? I feel bad running in your nice KF2 karts. :)

pdreams;935164 said:
Participation is in good spirit and interest, even if you came in at 3:00mins with GTR I also will not say wasted.

But mate you've used that exact phrase before re: one of my friends, despite his already class leading laptimes, remember? :chinese: I don't take it to heart.. just use it and be cheeky....needle back with it lol..

Its a different act altogether to set good times in TAs with limited time and traffic. Quite similar to a qualifying session I suppose.

Yes, especially if the $ at risk is high (relative to your ability to pay for everything in cash if it all somehow goes bad), if it's not your car, and if you're not completely familiar with it. The overall cost and the $/performance ratio of SG roadcars is so much worse than some pretty awesome racecars.

Also the bad reputation that's built if anything happens. The haters will laugh and make up stories even if it wasn't your fault, etc. More eyes and mouths at these events vs a typical trackday.

Despite all the above, you don't want to drive too reservedly because that defeats the purpose of entering competition. Everyone wants to improve, to be quicker, all the time.

Indeed karting is a most physical and rewarding driving experience within reasonable means. Still, I wouldn't say that you are in an easier league with limited field and field quality. Cut yourself some slack lah.

It is in fact easier physically and mentally. No disrespect to anyone, and the event. I say easier, not easy. If you take every form of driving and compare the different aspects, they're more difficult or easier in different areas. Karting scores high on physical and mental challenge, low on psychological pressure of $ risk, high on physical injury psychological pressure (this last one especially IMO). Can't be a lazy out of practice karter (even a couple of months break hurts) and expect to win especially on a tough track, whereas in many racecars even with low loads, low frequencies, it is only a matter of knowing/remembering what to do. It's just much less hard work. With truly high performance vehicles, knowing is one thing, having the strength, precision, endurance to be able to apply it and be near the top, is another.

The lower the cost of a class of racing, the lower the entry barrier, the bigger the potential field, and the wider the net cast to find true drivers. We have to acknowledge that many forms of racing allow you to buy an advantage, or buy a seat. Time attack is such a form because of very open rules. You spend an extra 200K, you get a huge reduction in laptime from something like perhaps +700hp (+140%) on top of a base 500hp, +10% lateral accel, -10% weight, really advanced bespoke electronics to help the driver, all fitting within the rules. And any decent enthusiast driver would be able to use those big changes and win. In karting you could spend 20K more and get perhaps +2hp (+5%), no change in lat accel, and no change in weight (if over min weight). So essentially you've just wasted 20K unless you are top 30 in the world or so. Anything less than that and a better driver will just blow past you in his 5 year old kart vs your top of the line everything with an army supporting you.

Buying an advantage applies to many other forms of sprint or endurance racing where there's a huge difference in team budgets and quality of team (experience, preparedness, etc.) with rules that are still open enough for significant differences to where various weight breaks and restrictions have to be applied and no one ever agrees on what's fair. If I buy a seat for 300K and I beat 10 teams spending 1/4 what mine is, because my team has tested every option to find the platform with the greatest advantage, run tons of development, has the most spares, the most and the best crew, hired good pro drivers to carry the team and the sole non-pro, etc. it says very little about me as a driver except that I recognize a quality race team and can pay to join.

None of this is a complaint...it's the nature of racing. It's just that drivers should be aware of the purposes that different classes truly serve, and pick what's really important to them.

For highly competitive fields in physically demanding vehicles with very good parity, in Asia I'd say Rotax Max Championship, AKOC, Formula Nippon/3000, F3. And of all these, RMC will have the largest fields, lowest barrier to entry, and it leads to world finals where you face truly some of the best internationally.

.... to see other cars and what others are achieving in similar machinery in class.....

Yup, just is difficult if everyone is under declaring what they run. This is why even simple data is so helpful. For example my own claim of only 680hp earlier on may be considered false by some, but if I have logs matching the transponder times for entire stint, and all laps show significantly weak acceleration vs other known references, including competitors in class, same day same session, then it's irrefutable. It's also why I am open to trading data class for class as long as it is +/- 1 sec.

So, rental of any beat-up kart available? I feel bad running in your nice KF2 karts. :)

Don't need to feel bad :) Just pay more to remove the guilt lol. We should have some Rotax powered karts for rent or sale soon as owners upgrade to KF2 for 2013 race season. You should buy..and kart more regularly to also get beat by young girls and old men :chinese:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun;935373 said:
But mate you've used that exact phrase before re: one of my friends, despite his already class leading laptimes, remember? :chinese: I don't take it to heart.. just use it and be cheeky....needle back with it lol..

Actually I am lost on this part. I do not know you well enough to know your friends to say what is waste or not. But then if you had remembered it then let it be so lest it becomes argumentative. But its really just a simple good job on the time attack with the GTR. Good time for whatever its worth, whether its 480hp, 540hp or 600hp or even 700hp. The gains in time only become asymptotic with power.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back