ACU's E90 San Er Ling i (Photoshoot & MODS Diary)

Re: ACU's E90 San Er Ling i (Photoshoot & MODS Diary)

sorry for the OT.... but installing sway bar and coilvoer together... makes you canot feel the sway bar...

what i did last time was install sway bar 1st..then coilover..can feel both...

then i uninstalled the sway bar and run on coilovers only... feels the same...

now it makes me think twice before buying sway bar after having coilover... because imho cannot really feel it on normal street driving... yes it will still work ( of course better and stiffer than stock ) but with hard coilovers and not tracking the car still i cannot justify spending close to 1000 dollars for something that i can barely feel.. if have to choose one...coilovers still best... topped with camber plate...

just my 2 cents... from my experienced after toying with both...

kenntona;274649 said:
Not exactly agreeable. If you install coilovers on Day 1, and return to install ARB on Day 2, you would need to remove the entire control arm. So it makes more sense to do it together. And most people install coilovers first, not the other way....... So it still make sense to do them together.......
I actually asked J4C,See Toh, whether there is any saving in term of labor cost? the answered from him is nope. J4C will still charged an additional cost of the original swaybar installation cost. I'm sure other workshop might be different. However, if you measured it by timed safe and trip back to the workshop. Yes, it make every single senses to do both together, if you can afford both at the same time. Which is why I opp not to do it together, another K I can do alot more other MODs.

TripleM;274653 said:
since the arm is where your springs sit so they will be affected when installing the ARB.

In E46 models, it's independent...ARB can be installed in half hour...
Yes, Pak you're right. :)

Terry;274660 said:
sorry for the OT.... but installing sway bar and coilvoer together... makes you canot feel the sway bar...

what i did last time was install sway bar 1st..then coilover..can feel both...

then i uninstalled the sway bar and run on coilovers only... feels the same...

now it makes me think twice before buying sway bar after having coilover... because imho cannot really feel it on normal street driving... yes it will still work ( of course better and stiffer than stock ) but with hard coilovers and not tracking the car still i cannot justify spending close to 1000 dollars for something that i can barely feel.. if have to choose one...coilovers still best... topped with camber plate...

just my 2 cents... from my experienced after toying with both...
Don't worry, Terry. I don't mind if as long as its related to MODs even its not one I've done. Thanks for sharing your view and experience on coilovers. Yours statement is what currently my set-up. :)

In actual fact, we don't have to change anything, BMW already work out everything that is necessary. Tio Bo???

Stock is best, who said one??

some said great photos. some said beautiful location, some said fantastic technic, some said beautifully composite, some said amazing photos.

I say Kan Ho, Kan Si Lang HOOOOOOOOO.... :drool:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Orh LuLu;275185 said:
some said great photos. some said beautiful location, some said fantastic technic, some said beautifully composite, some said amazing photos.

I say Kan Ho, Kan Si Lang HOOOOOOOOO.... :drool:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
thanks for dropping by. cut n paste work har. :lol2:

bodykit acu.. bodykit.. :p

nYteMarE;275192 said:
bodykit acu.. bodykit.. :p
Ivan, love what you had on your E90, good choice for going ///Mtech w/3D lip. PIMPED combo. Now there is this 20% promotion discount on all accessories for whole DECEMBER at PML, dam tempted to kit it on ///Mtech with CF front apron, CF diffuser, CF rear spoiler. arrrrrggggggghhhhhh

wahbiang acu you still waiting for what siahhhhhh

i wouldn't mind going to pml to get the CF diffuser ah....

nYteMarE;275208 said:
wahbiang acu you still waiting for what siahhhhhh

i wouldn't mind going to pml to get the CF diffuser ah....
waiting for SANTA to drop me those gifts ar.... Ho Ho Ho Ho

i have been a good boy. remind santa for me hor... thanks....

hurhur...

black line tail lights.. haiz....

acupunch;275207 said:
Ivan, love what you had on your E90, good choice for going ///Mtech w/3D lip. PIMPED combo. Now there is this 20% promotion discount on all accessories for whole DECEMBER at PML, dam tempted to kit it on ///Mtech with CF front apron, CF diffuser, CF rear spoiler. arrrrrggggggghhhhhh

Last time I asked PML they have all except CF rear spoiler. I would expect the CF spoiler to cost at least $1500/=. However, CF front aprons and back diffuser cost at least $2500/=, about the price of bare full kits.

nsbsin;275242 said:
Last time I asked PML they have all except CF rear spoiler. I would expect the CF spoiler to cost at least $1500/=. However, CF front aprons and back diffuser cost at least $2500/=, about the price of bare full kits.
you're right Steven. together with the kit+all CF add on, should be close to 7K :yikess:
that's why I'm not thinking too hard about it. is simply too expensive.:furious:
i shall continue learned to appreciate my STOCK kit.

Now your car is so nice. no one can guarantee the joining part of the body kits can be as good as stock? How about the paintwork etc.....................?

acupunch;275258 said:
you're right Steven. together with the kit+all CF add on, should be close to 7K :yikess:
that's why I'm not thinking too hard about it. is simply too expensive.:furious:
i shall continue learned to appreciate my STOCK kit.

Lyn,

Since your car is black, dun bother with CF as it is not gonna stand out compared to when installed on a light coloured car. When these CF parts kena damanged or vandalised, also damn expensive to replace.

Btw, is it true there is a PML parts sale going on?

But when u compare Eng Soon to PML, isn't Eng Soon prices relatively cheaper?

I agree with Andy. CF ain't going to stand out on a black car. Only when the CF starts to age and the lamination starts to turn yellow, then u will be able to see the CF! :(

i bought most of my stuff for my kits from eng soon.. good prices and good service.. no frills.. just call, go down collect and pay

T6;275311 said:
Lyn,

Since your car is black, dun bother with CF as it is not gonna stand out compared to when installed on a light coloured car. When these CF parts kena damanged or vandalised, also damn expensive to replace.

Btw, is it true there is a PML parts sale going on?
Ya... comfirmed 20% discount on all accessories on the whole DECEMBER 2007. :) I got some quotations sheets of those I'm interested all parts item are stated with 20% off. not labor dor., only acc. so many to buy, so little money. :oops:

Azrielsc;275328 said:
But when u compare Eng Soon to PML, isn't Eng Soon prices relatively cheaper?

I agree with Andy. CF ain't going to stand out on a black car. Only when the CF starts to age and the lamination starts to turn yellow, then u will be able to see the CF! :(

Bro Sam & Andy. I agreed that Cf won't stand out as it on lighter color car. But that's what i like about it. close up beauty, from far is just a simple 3-series nothing much nothing less. But those CF's add on are dam expensive. thanks for on the repairing and turning yellow concern.Ididn't actually thought of that. :(

Sam I didn't check with Eng Soon dor. Maybe I should. :)

Lyneous, I remember there is a shop along River Valley Road that make nice car number plate which cost about $220 per set. It will look nice on your car. Last Saturday I went there but they have already moved out. Don't know where they have moved to.

steven, what kind of number plate is that? mine is $35 for a pair.. (but then again mine's taped onto the car)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sv666co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back