advise for 520i

Re: advise for 520i

I heard horror stories about PI, having say that did cross my mind to visit them but if wanted to fork out 250k for a car, why I want to risk it... Warranty and service backup is equally important.
My 2 cents worth.

PML 520i is selling 230K net. (best price)

I will wait .. After some time Pml will chut the f30 than when no ppl buy
Their f10 they will chut 24k overtrade on top of their listed price of 239k

Hi, guru , can I ask your opinion? I am planing to purchase a second hand 523i or 520i. there is two option here I am not sure how to choose.

1, 01/2007 523i black color low milelage only 30k. car beautiful. non E-gear. from dealer priced 96,000

2, 04/2009 520i white color high milelage near 80k. still got warranty . from direct owner priced 115,000

if you are the buyer, how to choose? thanks!

Get the e gear one but not 520 becoz 5 series is a heavy car and you need extra horses or else sluggish. Get 523 and above.

E gear is better becoz if the former owner did not take care of the gearbox then it will up lorry very soon. E gear is electronically driven and lesser problems.

i'll go for the 523i, 520 is way underpower bolat, dont forget to lup bodykit :D

At least 523, but actually I feel 523 also Bo lat. Given another chance I go 535 second hand, but when come road tax renewal I think I need bank loan.:shock:

And I realize soft close is a very impt option cos girls are damn weak, need at least 3 tries before can fully close door without soft close.

Ahwing;710519 said:
And I realize soft close is a very impt option cos girls are damn weak, need at least 3 tries before can fully close door without soft close.[/QUOT

I love the soft close thing. However not many people realise how it works and will try to open the door and close again just to make sure it is locked. My sisters, brothers, mother, relative and friends all did that. I guess they are not used to hearing some clicking sound after the doors are closed.

I was told that the soft close feature can be quite dangerous if you have kids. Don't know it for a fact but I guess kids fingers can get caught in the car and because the doors are 'sucked' in, there's no mechanism to stop the door from closing. Again, I stress that I've not seen this happen so this is really hearsay.

Ahwing;710519 said:
And I realize soft close is a very impt option cos girls are damn weak, need at least 3 tries before can fully close door without soft close.
I don't think that weak lah. It is a matter of habit. My wife has no problem closing the door in 1 slam after 2nd day.

On other hand, i usually have problem closing Jap car door because it is so much lighter than BMW.

i dont know about you guys but I noticed girls like to slam the door real hard and sometimes is so heartache while dropping them off.

My wife, my sis, mother and MIl all the same.....
if they slam the door with soft closing mechanism, high chance of damaging the vacum motors?
Like the infamous W140 S classes

Hehe.. I like soft close doors. Now, when wife angry at me for whatever reason, and she doesn't really need a reason to be angry - because she is a woman and that's all the reason she will ever need - she cannot slam the door because the soft close option will act like anti slam. No kick for her, good life for me hahahaha

indeed. soft close door is a very nice luxurious touch- me likey too...

I had a S320L and when the vacum motors shuts down, was a pain to fix and quite a costly one too.
when the car ages, the vacum hosing will hardened and leak here and there and is so bloody difficult to trace down and get it fixed.
At the end, i just deactivated it.

BTW, the W140L door is mamouth and definitely require soft close door.

MW;710472 said:
Get the e gear one but not 520 becoz 5 series is a heavy car and you need extra horses or else sluggish. Get 523 and above.

E gear is better becoz if the former owner did not take care of the gearbox then it will up lorry very soon. E gear is electronically driven and lesser problems.

Hi when you say 520 bolat... is it refering to the new or old 520?
I am thinking hard on the new 520i from PI...

please adviceee

kwekey;721933 said:
Hi when you say 520 bolat... is it refering to the new or old 520?
I am thinking hard on the new 520i from PI...

please adviceee

MW drives a M5 thus to him 520i is slow...........(new or old it doesn't make a dif to him)

cheers

Sigh! Strawberry or simi cream.. Also nvm lar!
Get the 518 xli from c3po. Sart sart... The one and only 5series coupe!

ac323;721936 said:
MW drives a M5 thus to him 520i is slow...........(new or old it doesn't make a dif to him)

cheers

So is there any 520 owner out there to give yr advice?

I am also contemplating the new 520i cos its turbo charged and supposedly offers more power than its predecessor.

Two questions:
1) can the car be mapped up to 245hp like the 528i and at what costs?
2) is it safe to buy from parallel importer?

stanley lee;722957 said:
I am also contemplating the new 520i cos its turbo charged and supposedly offers more power than its predecessor.

Two questions:
1) can the car be mapped up to 245hp like the 528i and at what costs?
2) is it safe to buy from parallel importer?

Hi Mr Lee,

if 520i can mapped to be like 528i i think PML will close shop very soon..................Lolz
i think not so easy.....

PI??? if the saving is alot then is ok.......do a search for PI before you decide will be best..

* if really need alot of power maybe wait for M5......launching on 12th to 14th Jan............
Happy shopping
cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back