advise for 520i

Re: advise for 520i

rt333;811080 said:
bro..

is urs 520? if yes do you feel sometimes when acceleration from standstill, the car like respond slow maybe 1sec then power kick in? esp when u tap the accelerator lightly..

Not yet have this issue. Acceleration is very smooth...it is the deceleration that is jerky...

Rocky99;811190 said:
my previous E90 320 and E89 Z4 2.5l also had this 1 sec lag thing which can be quite annoying esp when i try and overtake others on the expressway. it's hard to predict when the power will kick in, in order to overtake at the right moment.

those 2 cars didn't have sports mode, so the way to get around it was using a sprint booster which made the engine much more responsive and predictable.

i suppose this is the way the throttle response is designed to be, not because they are really that underpowered.

ok anyway i went back to PML they told me that there shld nt be this kind of issue. true enough i tried my car after they tested which i believe they rev like no body business. i will ask the technical manager to test drive with me once i reach PML. not allowing them to take my car and rev like the previous time i went in for tis issue. becoz i tried their demo car, there isnt any of this particular issue.

ok anyway i went back to PML they told me that there shld nt be this kind of issue. true enough i tried my car after they tested which i believe they rev like no body business. i will ask the technical manager to test drive with me once i reach PML. not allowing them to take my car and rev like the previous time i went in for tis issue. becoz i tried their demo car, there isnt any of this particular issue.

rt333;811153 said:
tats for sure...i tried already..quite shiok...hahaha

but at least in comfort mode we shld not feel this kind of respond (at least i dun feel it in my previous jap car which was a FD1A). i almost got into accident twice when i try to cut out into the next lane as i want to go straight but the lane i was in was straight and right turn. i see my side mirror there is car coming but was quite a distance. but when i step the accelerator the car NO respond for abt 1sec then suddently the engine rev up..by then the car was already so near me causing the other car to jam brake (fyi, i never even step hard on the throttle).

sometimes i dunno when the car will listen to my right foot. even now during stationary moving off, when i step the accelerator the car dun respond or sometimes jerky start off just like riding horse and when u step the accelerator harder the car like wanna die off. but after after abt 30km/h car will be normal. only happen sometimes not frequent but dun think we can accept this on a car whose price which is almost equilvalent to a new 3rom HDB flat.

fyi, i send into PML, they tell me car no problem. i suspect they took my car out to rev like no body business then in the late evening i go test car with technical manager, the car is smooth. i also test drive the demo 520. its even smoother coz i believe evey one test drive will keep their rpm almost till redline...

For this, you can try clearing the throttle adaptation.

1. Push start button without pressing on brake. (do not start car)
2. Press acc pedal all the way down for 5 sec
3. Turn off car
4. Take foot off of accelerator pedal.
5. Wait 2 min
6. Start car

It works well. No harm trying, but it is only a temporary fix because the sluggishness will come back after some time.

rt333;811153 said:

but at least in comfort mode we shld not feel this kind of respond (at least i dun feel it in my previous jap car which was a FD1A). i almost got into accident twice when i try to cut out into the next lane as i want to go straight but the lane i was in was straight and right turn. i see my side mirror there is car coming but was quite a distance. but when i step the accelerator the car NO respond for abt 1sec then suddently the engine rev up..by then the car was already so near me causing the other car to jam brake (fyi, i never even step hard on the throttle).

sometimes i dunno when the car will listen to my right foot. even now during stationary moving off, when i step the accelerator the car dun respond or sometimes jerky start off just like riding horse and when u step the accelerator harder the car like wanna die off. but after after abt 30km/h car will be normal. only happen sometimes not frequent but dun think we can accept this on a car whose price which is almost equilvalent to a new 3rom HDB flat.

fyi, i send into PML, they tell me car no problem. i suspect they took my car out to rev like no body business then in the late evening i go test car with technical manager, the car is smooth. i also test drive the demo 520. its even smoother coz i believe evey one test drive will keep their rpm almost till redline...

For this, you can try resetting the throttle adaptation:
1. Push start button without pressing on brake. (do not start car)
2. Press acc pedal all the way down for 5 sec
3. Turn off car
4. Take foot off of accelerator pedal.
5. Wait 2 min
6. Start car

It works. No harm trying, but this only somehow lasts a week or so, then the sluggishness will return.

rt333;811153 said:

For this, you can try doing the throttle adaptation reset proceedure:
1. Don't press the break pedal
2. Push START Button
3. Press and HOLD accelerator pedal for 5 seconds
4. WITHOUT RELEASING THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL, push the START Button
5. Release accelerator pedal
6. Wait full 2 minutes
7. Start car normally

It works and there is no harm trying. But this is only temporary because the "sluggishness" will return after a few weeks.

Just collected this evening. The by-default engine-off during stop is damn irritating and you cant set it to off on default. Have to disable everytime u start the car.

Guess rubbing my lamp helps..today went to Infratint to install the Solar Films with 78% IR and then to Top93 to fit the BMW 356 rims & tires..next is to install the Fine Vue stronly recommended. Thanks all for the good advises.

isiowsg;812515 said:
Guess rubbing my lamp helps..today went to Infratint to install the Solar Films with 78% IR and then to Top93 to fit the BMW 356 rims & tires..next is to install the Fine Vue stronly recommended. Thanks all for the good advises.

fruitful day............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hope you don't mind the poor pic quality
IMG-20120512-00696.jpg
[/IMG]

isiowsg;812533 said:
Hope you don't mind the poor pic quality
IMG-20120512-00696.jpg
[/IMG]

People who buy 356 rims have class. Golilok say one