advise for 520i

Re: advise for 520i

Wa the need to do list getting longer lei...my heart can't take speed above 60km always someone horning me...

BBK.....one day....one day.....

cant seem to get the comfort access boot opening to work. the one where u "kick" the bottom of the rear bumper. nnb my se "kicked" 1 time can open i try so many times cannot open

There is no need to kick hard like what some pml se like to demo...just extend your leg such that foot is below the boot, then withdraw the leg back...need to do it like one swift motion...otherwise dance and dance the boot also won't open, while passerby will stare at you, like what happened to me..

Key must be with you, behind the boot. I find that one of my berms doesn't work with comfort access, so maybe you try again holding the key in your hand if it really doesn't work.

douggie;811328 said:
For this, you can try clearing the throttle adaptation.

1. Push start button without pressing on brake. (do not start car)
2. Press acc pedal all the way down for 5 sec
3. Turn off car
4. Take foot off of accelerator pedal.
5. Wait 2 min
6. Start car

It works well. No harm trying, but it is only a temporary fix because the sluggishness will come back after some time.

Thanks will try it...

isiowsg;812877 said:
BMW520i_solar.jpg

very nice liao, if u aint planning body kit, dun drop the car
the stance is nice for a luxury sedan with stock kit

xeroy;802452 said:
Just booked an Alpine White with Black/Black interior F10 520i.. Will be putting up the price here to guard bros from being smoked by SE. Like how i kena smoke by my SE. Thanks to calvin_lin bro that provided me with the info so that I can bargain with my SE.

Price: S$250,800 (List Price) - $20k ($18k discount + $2k finance discount) = $230,800 (FINAL price after discount)

YOM: 2012

Color: Alpine White

COE: $8xk (Open Cat)

Trade in car price: Normal like what outside dealer eat in. No overtrade

Finance: 1.88%. Lock in 2 years. Can redeem loan at 3rd year without any penalty.

Free Gifts: 1 set of 3M Mat and 3M Solar Flim (Premium Range. NOT Crystaline)

Hi Xeroy,

I also just ordered my F10 over the weekend and I just want to check with you, how did you work out the 18K discount.

The 10k discount is standard and all subsequent discount is just about the overtrade they give you which is very subjective depending on the car you traded in. So can I safely said that they gave you another 8K above what the other dealers offer u on your car?

I got a similar deal as you, i.e. the 3M car mat, the 3M Solar Film and something else which I am not in liberty to disclose. The COE is open CAT at 92K.

Cheers!

flyboy;813849 said:
I got a similar deal as you, i.e. the 3M car mat, the 3M Solar Film and something else which I am not in liberty to disclose. The COE is open CAT at 92K.

Cheers!

If you are "not in liberty to disclose", then you should not be in this discussion and benefit from others data.

MapleLeaf;813922 said:
If you are "not in liberty to disclose", then you should not be in this discussion and benefit from others data.

Could be "special" service from the chio SE and dun want the wife to find out :)

flyboy;813849 said:
Hi Xeroy,

I also just ordered my F10 over the weekend and I just want to check with you, how did you work out the 18K discount.

The 10k discount is standard and all subsequent discount is just about the overtrade they give you which is very subjective depending on the car you traded in. So can I safely said that they gave you another 8K above what the other dealers offer u on your car?

Cheers!

How much service voucher did you receive? Quite common to receive actually.

Sorry guys, not in liberty to disclose is because it is still subject to approval from management, and yes it's about the service voucher. Because according to my SE, I have received too much discount and thus not entitled to the vouchers, which i think is bullshit. That's why I wanted to check with Xeroy what is the actual discount given by his SE so that I have more fire power to squeeze him.

Not my intention to 'benefit from others data' (whatever that means).

Anyway, I went and bought the car without looking thru this thread and thus did not 'benefit from others data'(whatever that means).

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aiya, whether it is overtrade, service voucher, discount or whatever way they want to call it...you just add in the real overtrade above market, discount, rebate, service credit value, etc...then see what is the final selling price they are giving you loh...MUST CHECK MARKET RATE FOR YOUR CURRENT CAR...

The overtrade sometimes is fake one...

You don't share how much your SE offer, also very hard to advise, but do take note that 8xk coe is at 8k cheaper than your 92k open cat...so price will be different liao...

Does the aircon always default to circulate outside air, no matter what setting you last off the car with? Can this be defaulted to recirculate within the cabin?

calvin_lin;819661 said:
Does the aircon always default to circulate outside air, no matter what setting you last off the car with? Can this be defaulted to recirculate within the cabin?
Yup. Standard. Eventually you will get used to it to presssing the button when you start the car...

rt333;811080 said:
bro..

is urs 520? if yes do you feel sometimes when acceleration from standstill, the car like respond slow maybe 1sec then power kick in? esp when u tap the accelerator lightly..

bro, go ask PML to get your software upgraded. i have a 2011 523i and had the same "laggy" throttle. there seems to be a flat spot at the first few cm of the throttle pedal and I need to step abit more before the power comes in.

i read on bimmerpost forums about this throttle delay (see: The Official "Tip-In" / Acceleration/Throttle Delay" Resolution Thread - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum) and went to MA for a S/W update.

just got my car back today. although I haven't had the chance to drive it on the highway I think I already feel the difference. the delay is certainly gone.

detach8;819795 said:
bro, go ask PML to get your software upgraded. i have a 2011 523i and had the same "laggy" throttle. there seems to be a flat spot at the first few cm of the throttle pedal and I need to step abit more before the power comes in.

i read on bimmerpost forums about this throttle delay (see: The Official "Tip-In" / Acceleration/Throttle Delay" Resolution Thread - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum) and went to MA for a S/W update.

just got my car back today. although I haven't had the chance to drive it on the highway I think I already feel the difference. the delay is certainly gone.

Hi

Thanks for ur advice. I send in my car after just 2wks after collecting and that was in mid-end mar. They told me nothing wrong with my car software all up to date. Maybe I will ask for software update when I go for my 1st 10k servicing in abt a months time.

Btw I just try use 8000 petrol and it seems to solve the problem. Now on 2nd tank and looks gd. But the manual say can use 5000 petrol leh so by right shld nt have problem even use 5000 petrol. Anyway I will go for 2-3 tanks of 8000 then switch back to 5000 and compare...

qus;819763 said:
Yup. Standard. Eventually you will get used to it to presssing the button when you start the car...

Wah like that one more button to press, in addition to auto start stop button...mafan leh

rt333;819830 said:
Hi

Thanks for ur advice. I send in my car after just 2wks after collecting and that was in mid-end mar. They told me nothing wrong with my car software all up to date. Maybe I will ask for software update when I go for my 1st 10k servicing in abt a months time.

Btw I just try use 8000 petrol and it seems to solve the problem. Now on 2nd tank and looks gd. But the manual say can use 5000 petrol leh so by right shld nt have problem even use 5000 petrol. Anyway I will go for 2-3 tanks of 8000 then switch back to 5000 and compare...

5000 is esso 95? My SE ask me pump 95, so should be ok. I am on 98 with no problem of lag from a stop.

However, sometimes my throttle pedal is less responsive when trying to accelerate after coasting from 60-80km/hr to 20-40km/hr. Kind of like you see a red light from far, you let go of the accelerator, slowly brake to 30km/hr, then along the way the light turn green and you try to accelerate, there will be this lag of step on pedal but no response. It is a bit like older electronic throttle pedal design from 10+ years ago, but much more jialat. I find that mostly it happens after I have been driving like ah pek on expressway. Didn't have this issue when I first collected the car. I am suspecting it is my ah pek driving habit that is causing it...

calvin_lin;819868 said:
5000 is esso 95? My SE ask me pump 95, so should be ok. I am on 98 with no problem of lag from a stop.

However, sometimes my throttle pedal is less responsive when trying to accelerate after coasting from 60-80km/hr to 20-40km/hr. Kind of like you see a red light from far, you let go of the accelerator, slowly brake to 30km/hr, then along the way the light turn green and you try to accelerate, there will be this lag of step on pedal but no response. It is a bit like older electronic throttle pedal design from 10+ years ago, but much more jialat. I find that mostly it happens after I have been driving like ah pek on expressway. Didn't have this issue when I first collected the car. I am suspecting it is my ah pek driving habit that is causing it...

I think that might be due to the 8spd transmission. Too many gears, too many decisions to make: "which gear should I go to?"

You realize the moment you let off your throttle in "D" it usually upshifts and keeps the RPMs below 1,500. I believe it's for fuel economy. When you get back on the throttle gently it will stay in gear. Get back on the throttle a little more aggressively it will downshift.

Re: 5000 vs 8000, I will still pump 8000. The sulfur content in our 5000 fuel is (I think) 4 times that of 8000 and some of our engine parts especially some earlier models with nikasil cylinder sleeves can't take high sulfur content. I'm not sure what kind of alloys they put in our last batch of N52B25 engines.

Try this, go into manual shift mode on highway. I think in that mode it does not learn your drive patterns. The learning does not seem to happen in DS/M mode. Or at least to me the way the throttle and gear responds in DS/M never changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vnsoxoblog
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back