advise for 520i

Re: advise for 520i

porky88;767376 said:
oh.. word of advise... if u drop your wallet there... kick it to a wall turn around back facing the wall then pick it up...

A bit chim...wat u mean?

When I accelerate my F10 520 from stand still using minimum pressure on the accelerator, sometimes I feel the car doesn't response only when I depress more then the car suddenly just jerk (like power just kick in) then rpm up to abt 2500-3000...but sometimes it's ok it allows me to accelerate slowly..

Does anyone here driving F10 520 hav this experience?

rt333;768428 said:
When I accelerate my F10 520 from stand still using minimum pressure on the accelerator, sometimes I feel the car doesn't response only when I depress more then the car suddenly just jerk (like power just kick in) then rpm up to abt 2500-3000...but sometimes it's ok it allows me to accelerate slowly..

Probably you might be on the wrong gear?

cheers

rt333;768428 said:

I think the car is in the wrong gear. So it need to down shift first. If you drive in sport mode should not have this problem.

Thanks guy will try...but in auto gear shouldn't the gear be in right level according to car speed?

rt333;768460 said:
Thanks guy will try...but in auto gear shouldn't the gear be in right level according to car speed?

at times is how you step your pedal too...........

cheers

Actually when I test drive the 520i, I really found that the tuning and gearshift a lot of difference with 528i...

st8800;768672 said:
Actually when I test drive the 520i, I really found that the tuning and gearshift a lot of difference with 528i...

thats why you bought a 523i???????????

cheers

Yes, it was only down to 523i or 528i. U can try Kelleners piggyback and maybe u will see some improvement.

rt333;768428 said:

Could be related to the low speed transmission jerk that many are talking about:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/5-series-owners/54561-f10-jerky-start-low-gear.html

douggie;769098 said:
Could be related to the low speed transmission jerk that many are talking about:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/5-series-owners/54561-f10-jerky-start-low-gear.html

Yup I think it's wat they are mentioning. I even experience it when the engine is already warm up driving for 30mins. For example. When I wan to switch lane from stationary, I press the accelerator lightly but somehow like no response (rpm no movement) then I press harder the car suddenly jerk and rpm move up to 2000-2500.

Any guys kenna this before? Also wats the normal temperature for F10 520? Sometimes my temp gauge needle point to mid 70 & 120 sometimes move up in between mid and 120. Then back to mid 70 & 120 again. I notice tenp always move up when traveling on expressway with cruise control on. Normal? Isn't the temp be quite standard not moving up and down?

Last edited by a moderator:

rt333;769382 said:
Yup I think it's wat they are mentioning. I even experience it when the engine is already warm up driving for 30mins. For example. When I wan to switch lane from stationary, I press the accelerator lightly but somehow like no response (rpm no movement) then I press harder the car suddenly jerk and rpm move up to 2000-2500.

Any guys kenna this before? Also wats the normal temperature for F10 520? Sometimes my temp gauge needle point to mid 70 & 120 sometimes move up in between mid and 120. Then back to mid 70 & 120 again. I notice tenp always move up when traveling on expressway with cruise control on. Normal? Isn't the temp be quite standard not moving up and down?

I did not encounter any of what u have mentioned. Should bring it in immesiately to PML and get
a Service Consultant to test drive with you.

rt333;769382 said:

humm.. didn't experience this when i drove the f10 520i for almost a week... suggust u bring down to pml and get a tester to verify..

rt333;769382 said:

Hi rt333, I do have the jerk sensation at low speed, at car park or traffic jam.

dfiris;757238 said:
Before I buy my F10 also hear fren say k overtrade 30-40k discount.
I also blur blur based on that go and ask my SE for same discount, then
end up drama nego until face blue blue, walkout already being called
in again still can't get that discount.

Then I realise PML won't give very big discounts for
Bread and Butter items like 1, 3 & 5 series. Other more
exotic ex stocks maybe.
Bro, is 535i considered exotic?

rt333;769382 said:

My first full tank fuel was pump using 98 RON did not encounter jerky acceleration, as now was my second full tank tried using a 95 RON, and after 1/4 being used it started having jerky move off, not to sure is this the same problem.

After surfing and I found this as follows The Official "Tip-In" / "Acceleration/Throttle Delay" Resolution Thread - 2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10

spitfire;769714 said:
Bro, is 535i considered exotic?

F10 is a Family Sedan not exotic......

cheers

Ok think I better bring in for them to see...do I need to make appt? Or walk in also can?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back