Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

Re: Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

My personal experience. I was promised a quote for parts and servicing by MA and guess what, after more than a month and a few correspondneces and I am still waiting. At PML, a email will be sent after about a week plus some follow-ups. I used to think PML is slow, now I think they are damn good already, thanks to MA. It's good to have competition.

Just my humble sharing based on my own experiences with both pml and MA.

I have done servicings, made warranty claims, made formal complaints, send car back for complaints, banged table at pml. On the other hand, I have only bought a TSP but unused and many email, pm and smses with MA.

If given a choice again, I will still go with pml. At least they bother to try to do damage control.

After reading the 7 pages in this thread, the ordeal that some of you had gone through is really nothing as compared to mine, both emotionally or financially.

By the way, its not $210 per service, but $224 cos you must include gst. MA price all before gst.

Dont flame me. Just my humble sharing based on own experiences.Its subjective and I may not be correct.

May God Bless You. Amen.

Awww.... But then again, EVERYONE make mistakes. Let's not start a MA flaming thread here. Forgive and forget... One person's forgetfulness to get back to a customer does not make the WHOLE company bad lah.... It's good that an MA rep is "monitoring" this thread. These are good feedback to them! I seriously doubt PML even monitors these forums for feedback...

But still, good feedback ktnpl!

PS to everyone here. Let's not start a flaming thread k? Stick to the thread topic - which is about their TSP package and what should be covered and not covered. In this case, I'm personally still with PixelBug.... But that said, it's encouraging to see MA actually responding here! Have you EVER seen PML do this? Hahah....

ktnpl;906482 said:
My personal experience. I was promised a quote for parts and servicing by MA and guess what, after more than a month and a few correspondneces and I am still waiting. At PML, a email will be sent after about a week plus some follow-ups. I used to think PML is slow, now I think they are damn good already, thanks to MA. It's good to have competition.

Let's be honest to ourself..there is no free lunch n even the air we breathe we pay for it..what I take again from this a feedback to Munich to state clear information in their agreement to avoid similar issues.

Vehicle check $66 - this is condition based, which means based on mileage.
This is of course not under standard oil servicing.

Standard Scope Service $22: If I'm not wrong, it's a standard charge. I don't know what it's for but PML charges it everytime I go for oil servicing.
So in my opinion, this seems to be part of a oil servicing package that customers will expect. But of course most people will just pay, because only $22 mah, nevermind la. somemore LL paid for package already.

Now is the package price competitive? Let's take a e90 325 package of $931.
After $200 vouchers, let us take the cost as $731. Divide by 3, it's $244 per oil servicing.
But don't forget Standard Scope Service of $22.
So $244+$22 = $266.

Edit: If include GST is $284.

I will let the bros here decide themselves.
Do let me know if my calculation has errors, which normally has.
note: 325 needs 6.5L engine oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Note I only compare against PML and not outside workshops.
And the example assume I don't bring my own oil.

lkm;906487 said:
PS to everyone here. Let's not start a flaming thread k? Stick to the thread topic - which is about their TSP package and what should be covered and not covered. In this case, I'm personally still with PixelBug.... But that said, it's encouraging to see MA actually responding here! Have you EVER seen PML do this? Hahah....

PML may not respond in this forum but they do respond to you personally in most instances, sometimes after us making a bit of noise of course. By giving feedback, we are not only alerting the fellow consumers, we are also giving the service provider a chance to improve. In short, don't give empty promises or complicate matters and under deliver. It is a sign of a poor organisation. Sure some staff did not perform to expectations and he/she is not representative of the whole company, but it is the first warning sign of maybe worse to come. The ball is at MA's court to bring up their game or lose more customers. It is good to have a balanced view actually as up till recently we heard so many praises of MA.

I also wish to correct you that this is not about flaming. In any thread, we can and do corrobolate other's account and not necessarily stick to the TS' experience. This is a forum afterall. If anyone wish to do flaming, there are many ways to skin the cat. But that is not the purpose here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh pricing without stating GST is not allowed under GST Act. GST Act states that must state price that is inckusive of GST all the time. Another feedback for Munich.

T6;906494 said:
Oh pricing without stating GST is not allowed under GST Act. GST Act states that must state price that is inckusive of GST all the time. Another feedback for Munich.

MW warned the general site sponsors (without naming who are they) before ...

hmm...wonder how many site sponsors really take his advices seriously ....

$210 or $232 (plus standard scope) is almost same as what PML charges

what PML charged for my 318 service (same engine as 320 so same amount of engine oil)
standard service scope - $22
Engine oil service - $33
fully syn engine oil 4.25l - $140.25
set oil filter element - $19.75
total - $215 (before GST)

service when bring own engine oil and filter
original BMW 5W-40 oil @ $16 per litre - $80 (since need to buy 5 bottles of 1L)
original BMW oil filter - $13
service at PML
standard service scope - $22
engine oil service - $33
total - $148 (before GST) not to mention there is another 0.75 litres of engine oil left over for next service.

just my 2cts on cost comparison of engine oil change between MA and PML

C3P0;906490 said:
Let's take a e90 325 package of $931.
After $200 vouchers, let us take the cost as $731. Divide by 3, it's $244 per oil servicing.

Bro, can only use max $100 voucher to offset package.

The remaining $100 can use for parts. After persistent questioning, I was told vouchers cant use to buy merchandises. After persistent questioning, I still dont have any idea can the $100 voucher be used on multiple items that cost less than $100. Apparently my question never answered till today . My advice is please clarify with MA before you use the vouchers.

I bought the tsp because MA provide fast lane service.

snowmanyee;906499 said:
Bro, can only use max $100 voucher to offset package.

The remaining $100 can use for parts. After persistent questioning, I was told vouchers cant use to buy merchandises. After persistent questioning, I still dont have any idea can the $100 voucher be used on multiple items that cost less than $100. Apparently my question never answered till today . My advice is please clarify with MA before you use the vouchers.

was told vouchers can be utilized for all services and products with the terms & conditions applicable. That is the minimal invoiced amount of $200 and the maximum of 50% of the invoiced amount before GST. so as long as your multiple items that cost less than $100 all added up to be >$200 (invoice will show >$200 ) you can use that $100 voucher... and whatever T&C on teh use of the voucher given previously no longer valid cos current promotion is this ...

animian;906505 said:
was told vouchers can be utilized for all services and products with the terms & conditions applicable. That is the minimal invoiced amount of $200 and the maximum of 50% of the invoiced amount before GST. so as long as your multiple items that cost less than $100 all added up to be >$200 (invoice will show >$200 ) you can use that $100 voucher... and whatever T&C on teh use of the voucher given previously no longer valid cos current promotion is this ...

I see. Pai sei my Englisch no good, thats why I was given an England lecture by them when I tried to reason with them.

Anyway I have given all my vouchers to another forumer and I actually still got $200 vouchers with them but I didnt really bother to collect.

Suddenly PML seems like the best workshop now.......

i have used MA and PML for my servicing/warranty check....MA appt is faster to book. In terms of the experience from both sides, personally i dont feel much of a diff yet and have not seen PML's funny stunt yet.

recently was looking at the warranty extension packages also....my only comment is PML-1 package Vs MA- 3 packages( damn confusing....)

animian;906495 said:
MW warned the general site sponsors (without naming who are they) before ...

hmm...wonder how many site sponsors really take his advices seriously ....

I am extremely upset with all these dishonest workshop that quote job at the price then when you make payment they add another 7% GST. Usually I will end up in a short exchange with them that it is against GST regulation to quote without GST. But evertime LAN Lan pay up because sick of auguring with them but I don't visit them again.

I didn't need the packages but I remembered seeing the packages and first impressions given the price were that it nothing more than an oil change with those "normal XX points checks", as any normal workshop would claim to provide.

My other thoughts were that these translated to slight discounts, and wondered why would anyone buy it.

Notwithstanding, I think MA needs to work harder to address customer related issues.

Wah.... cuntfusion big time.... although my Engrand Hericopter is supposed to be berry the powderful, I'm more cuntfused than ever after reading 8 pages of this...

Best is to buy from PI & service in workshop in JB. Cheap & good & fast. Can pump petrol some more.

Just wonder, any of the M owners have this kind of issues with MA for their M cars.... Now I'm starting to "wonder", what kind of experience will i get....:errmm:

Leonwei;906550 said:
Just wonder, any of the M owners have this kind of issues with MA for their M cars.... Now I'm starting to "wonder", what kind of experience will i get....:errmm:

No I dont have this kind of issues. But then we get free 5 years servicing and warranty.

Munich does need to keep its workshop and equipment running by providing service to non-M BMWs too.

I think there is enough miscomm on Munich's triple service package for Munich to consider a few improvements:

(i) state its package price that is inclusive of GST. If they dont, it is an offence under the GST Act. They cannot even say the package is "$X before GST". That would still be an offence. Any price quoted by a GST registered business price MUST be inclusive of GST.

(ii) state what the triple service package will cover, and give some examples of common occurences that would not be covered. Coz frankly who the hell will know what prompts come up from logging in the car key and what is scope service. I owned BMW for 9 years and also never heard this kind of tech lingo. It is not about whether we shd know after reading forum. Who reads every single thread or post anyway. It surely is the responsibility of the package seller to tell us, and it should not be a case of caveat emptor. If there is a class action against Munich, it will become interesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back