All about 6-series

Re: All about 6-series

ACS6;500312 said:
Sounds nasty Bro. Unfortunately, PML is right. It's gonna cost ya but I'm not sure of the actual figure though. There might be places apart from PML where they can replace the softtop but still it has to be an OEM part so ultimately it's gonna cost ya. How bad is the condition?

Some areas have little thread bumps sticking out, scratch out by the claws ah. My soft top become scratch pad. covered with fur too, got to use scotch tape to tape the fur out. zzz.

i am looking at importing the soft top from online sites then get people to install but worry scarly not compatible then waste money. :|

one of the threaders mentioned 3k plus.. woo hoo, for canvas is ex ex..

Wah.......meetup ah.....wished I was in S'pore to crash gate........

So.....which 6er is the super bad ass looking & sound like a rocket???????

'The Great White'

Hi Guys

sounds like you all had great fun .....when is the next meetup ?

Is anyone of you staying at Hume Ave (Black 630) - 3 same digit number ?

Or at Hillview Ave (cannot remember the car's color) ?

Tks

hldrops. this is an unevitable problem once you are driving a softtop. i was driving a e46 softtop as well previously and roughly nearing 3 years the same problems start surfacing. especially when you are always parking in the sun. also personally i wouldnt go for oem as i known with softtops its better to go back pml as they can continue to service it. changing it outside will bring more problems.just my 2 cents worth. also partial reason why i went for coupe now rather than softtop.

Hi Mystic, stay tuned to this thread for the next meetup. We hope to have the same turnout or better by then. The first meetup turned out pretty ok. It was loosely organised and we did everything basically on the fly. Everybody chipped in ideas as to where to go for coffee and good old fasion tcss which SLK took the lead. Everything went down the slippery slope from there on.

Plus a few hot sprints and spirited drives...I guess it is what I would call a good meet. Short and sweet.

icetan;500779 said:
hldrops. this is an unevitable problem once you are driving a softtop. i was driving a e46 softtop as well previously and roughly nearing 3 years the same problems start surfacing. especially when you are always parking in the sun. also personally i wouldnt go for oem as i known with softtops its better to go back pml as they can continue to service it. changing it outside will bring more problems.just my 2 cents worth. also partial reason why i went for coupe now rather than softtop.

:errr:.. yah loh, used to think that convertible is cool, but seldom drive top down already. Hard top convertible wld be the best! :shock:

hldrops;501600 said:
:errr:.. yah loh, used to think that convertible is cool, but seldom drive top down already. Hard top convertible wld be the best! :shock:

I guess to each their preference. I prefer a softtop if it is a cabriolet. To me the softtop gives it the character and differentiate from a coupe. Cabriolet defintely look cool especially you driving with the top down. I drive with top down when the weather permits and during night drive. I used to have an E46 cab as well before I traded it in for a family car. I had that car for 3 years. I really missed the feeling of driving with the top down since and decided to get the E64 last month.

But you are right about taking extra care for the car. I was fortunate that I have both sheltered carpark at work and home. I have also ordered a custom car cover to protect the car when I am travelling.

Maybe before buying a cab, one should ask whether he has the enviornment to take care of the car or even enjoying driving with the top down.

I have a phrase that some of you may be able to use with the ladies when driving them around in a cab:

"If my top is down, yours have to go down too!"

No such part. Unless you're after a certain rear apron addon from say...Lumma, Wald, AC, Hamann, Breyton, Alpina?

Hi there,

I'm a mere 15 year old kid, hope you guys don't mind me here.

My dad is planning to purchase a 630i Coupe (or 650i) from PML, will be going down by the end of this week. We have already test driven the car and found the driving experience most satisfactory. However, we're curious about the maintainence issues for the car. He has friends who had many troubles with the 3, 5 and 7 series. Would greatly appreciate any feedback on the maintainence issues and the damage.

Looking forward to join you guys in your future 6 series meetups. Thanks!

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

yes acs6. i seen m6 rear bumper very nice but pml refuse to sell me to fit on my regular 6 series quoting mountings are different.
i have got a quad pipe installed and the exo shop did a crappy job of cutting the original bumper to fit the quads. hence looking around for choices for the backside.

where do i get to see those "Lumma, Wald, AC, Hamann, Breyton, Alpina" in singapore? would appreciate your advise on this, i am kinda look and feel person, dont like their website which shows everything and local shops end up saying 'I got to indent for you" which must as well i indent myself and get mike to fit it on.

Tonino;503380 said:
Hi there,

I'm a mere 15 year old kid, hope you guys don't mind me here.

My dad is planning to purchase a 630i Coupe (or 650i) from PML, will be going down by the end of this week. We have already test driven the car and found the driving experience most satisfactory. However, we're curious about the maintainence issues for the car. He has friends who had many troubles with the 3, 5 and 7 series. Would greatly appreciate any feedback on the maintainence issues and the damage.

Looking forward to join you guys in your future 6 series meetups. Thanks!

Regards,

Nothing serious with the 6er so far. Good choice. The facelifted model looks great off the shelf. Post pix of Dad's car when she arrives. :shhhh:

JohnChan;503400 said:
yes acs6. i seen m6 rear bumper very nice but pml refuse to sell me to fit on my regular 6 series quoting mountings are different.
i have got a quad pipe installed and the exo shop did a crappy job of cutting the original bumper to fit the quads. hence looking around for choices for the backside.

where do i get to see those "Lumma, Wald, AC, Hamann, Breyton, Alpina" in singapore? would appreciate your advise on this, i am kinda look and feel person, dont like their website which shows everything and local shops end up saying 'I got to indent for you" which must as well i indent myself and get mike to fit it on.

You don't need to go back to PML for everything. I've learnt it the hard way, think I paid a 10K premium for buying it all with the car.

Hamann - KBS Motorsports
Full M6 kit - Ask Mike @ Sin Wee Chuan
(Quad exhaust choices aplenty) Eisenmann, Supersprint, Hamann etc. - Ask Wilman2772)
AC Schnitzer & Hartge - Autovox
Lumma, Wald, Breyton & Alpina - Not sure, ask Wilman2772

Shop around and compare prices. Let us know if you need more help.

ACS6;503438 said:
Nothing serious with the 6er so far. Good choice. The facelifted model looks great off the shelf. Post pix of Dad's car when she arrives. :shhhh:

Much obliged. Haha

Hi 6cers, find out from u where u all buy those mod items for the car, more for the exterior, say nice lids for the head lamps, or changing the side mirror. I know nuts, wld be glad if i can get some inputs from the experts. How abt importing from online webby? hmm.. any clue?

hldrops;504165 said:
Hi 6cers, find out from u where u all buy those mod items for the car, more for the exterior, say nice lids for the head lamps, or changing the side mirror. I know nuts, wld be glad if i can get some inputs from the experts. How abt importing from online webby? hmm.. any clue?

Bodykits-wise, I've replied above. Could be a good way to start your research. Check out the prices coz they can vary quite a fair bit.

As for other bits:

Bulbs and led ring markers: I recommend SSZone, Juzz 4 Cars or Boss Motorsports. There could be others but I've never tried them before.

Facelifted head and tailights LED: Wilman2772 or Sin Wee Chuan

M6 side mirros: Wilman2772 or Sin Wee Chuan

Steering wheel: Wilman2772 (for M steering, gear knob and smg pedals) or Robson Design (for custom wrapped steering wheel)

Wheels: Wilman2772 (various), Kenntona (DPE), Marcus (Neez) etc.

Importing from online webby is fine for small parts. Once again, check around for prices. Getting from one of our site sponsors will also help in terms of prices.

Good luck!

just for info of the fellas here, i did an ECU reflash recently.

Benefits so far.
Acceleration is more linear and smoother.
Low end clearly more torquey
Car seems more willing to go.
Fuel consumption no change

Just when i thought that the engine cant be any significantly smoother, I went for a round of oil change.
Replaced oil with Torco SR1 -30 and Volker Iridium plugs
Engine is smoother now that anything i have ever driven.

The difference in smoothness was pretty stark and definitely not in the mind.

Thinking of dropping in a K&N just for cheap thrills....heh

Cheers

Throttle;504474 said:
just for info of the fellas here, i did an ECU reflash recently.

Benefits so far.
Acceleration is more linear and smoother.
Low end clearly more torquey
Car seems more willing to go.
Fuel consumption no change

Just when i thought that the engine cant be any significantly smoother, I went for a round of oil change.
Replaced oil with Torco SR1 -30 and Volker Iridium plugs
Engine is smoother now that anything i have ever driven.

The difference in smoothness was pretty stark and definitely not in the mind.

Thinking of dropping in a K&N just for cheap thrills....heh

Cheers

I would like to hear your feedback after installing K&N ...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back