All about 6-series

Re: All about 6-series

KPO session time eh? Since I missed the last one, how about I suggest that for the next one, we do a Saturday morning, ask SS Tay to hook us up for a group detailing session at Zaino Detailing Centre? See if we can get 4-5 6ers on this deal. I'm sure he'll be keen, plus a good photo op for him too.

Hows that? Who's keen?

1. ACS6

ACS6;543557 said:
Joseph. You still have your 6er? Or give to your missus as the run-around car already?

sold already,wife cried for 2days after the sales:whatthe::D

And Currently Driving Z4? Whassup with that Bro????

Hi all,

A johnny come lately here looking at getting a 04 or 05 645i. Am hoping some kind soul can give me some pointers at what are the likely/common problems to look out for when purchasing this model at such an age. What would the maintenance issues and running costs be? thank you in advance.

Quite standard, Just go with the one with full service history and look out for oil leak on the base of the engine bay... Best, do a full vehicle check, should cost abt $100+ and will save you a lot in the long run. Good luck and join us for our next meetup.

Hlee8;545590 said:
Hi all,

A johnny come lately here looking at getting a 04 or 05 645i. Am hoping some kind soul can give me some pointers at what are the likely/common problems to look out for when purchasing this model at such an age. What would the maintenance issues and running costs be? thank you in advance.

I notice an audible "clunk" (like the sound of metal parts engaging) and the car jerks when I start my 2008 630i LCI. This happens quite regularly.

I was told by an SA that this is normal for the LCI cars (even for 5-series) and is due to the release of pressure from the transmission box (?) during the vehicle startup self-check.

Any other LCI owners experience this? I am trying to establish if this is normal.

thanks and best rgds

6336;546881 said:
I notice an audible "clunk" (like the sound of metal parts engaging) and the car jerks when I start my 2008 630i LCI. This happens quite regularly.

I was told by an SA that this is normal for the LCI cars (even for 5-series) and is due to the release of pressure from the transmission box (?) during the vehicle startup self-check.

Any other LCI owners experience this? I am trying to establish if this is normal.

thanks and best rgds

i think pml have a updated software for this issue

6336;546881 said:

thanks and best rgds
1st of all, what is ur shut down procedure?

For me, i will shift to "N" & pull handbrake. Switch off engine & shift to "P". No "clunk" sound.

For my wife, she will shift to "P" & pull handbrake. Switch off engine. Got "clunk" sound depending on incline.

By the way, i am not driving a 6 but it is my general observation.

Active steering seems to be quite a common problem. The rest would be typical wear and tear stuff like seals, bushings etc that needs replacement.

Hlee8;545590 said:
Hi all,

Joseph and Davidtch, tks for replies.

Sorry for the lapse of silence as was trying out the shutdown proc recomm by David (I've been using the shift to Park/pull handbrake routine).

The clunk and jerk seems to be less forceful but TBH, I can't be sure if its due to other factors (The clunk seems to be less during morning startups)

Will prob get PML to do the software update when I go in for the full vehicle check soon.

best rgds

Hope you get the issues resolved soon so we can have another meet for the 6ers.

A big hello to all the 6-series owners. I am looking to purchase a 2nd hand 645, and need some sound advise.

The car in general looks and sounds okay, and has a well documented servicing history. However I noticed that there is a "gap" between the headlights and the front bumper, is that normal? The gap is large enough for you to see the ground below (about half inch gap).

Thanks in advance.

Did not take any pics, but did a comparison with a 6-series i saw in a carpark. Seems normal. Maybe I was to vague, the gap is not along the length of the headlight, but just at the corners.

Thanks.

PotatoeChips;548851 said:
Did not take any pics, but did a comparison with a 6-series i saw in a carpark. Seems normal. Maybe I was to vague, the gap is not along the length of the headlight, but just at the corners.

Thanks.

I think I know what you are talking about ... it is normal.

Still looking and do keep the good advice flowing. Thanks to those who have posted replies, the info has been invaluable. Looks like I got some 'competition' in PotatoeChips. haha! wonder if we looking at the same car. Have fun hunting.

For those of you who are looking to install smartTOP module, please take note that the for the newer E64, it will cause battery drainage due to constant waking up of the car after the car is off. I was very unlucky to be the 1st owner to discover this problem. I spent 4 months trying to find the root cause in vain and finally have to uninstall it. After a few months of investigation with a car in the US with similar symptoms as my (at first they said I was the only one with this problem!), Mod4Cars, the creator of the module has made a modification to the module and the new module should work now. I have been shipped the new module and has just installed in myself today. I will monitor it for a few days but at the moment the car seems to be able to "sleep" after parking for a few minutes. For those who are interested, the explanation is here:

mods4cars product manual

Last edited by a moderator:

Another query for the gurus here, can the lights (tail and head) from the facelifted 6-series fit on a 04 645? And if so, where can i find them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
747liveapp
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back