All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Has anyone tried converting their E89 steering wheel to the current M3 steering wheel?

Kinda like the Pull/Pull Shifter.

ac323;808482 said:
what hp are u using?

Hi AC,
using Iphone 4S. currently I am using the usb cable but the cradle looks just so cool.

having a frustrating problem with the s20i (only 3 mths old!!!!)

when i switch on the car in the morning, the aircon automatically switches on (regardless of whether i left it on the previous night). SA told me that normally the aircon will be off. but also UNSURE if this is the case for new BMWs....(HUH??!!)

so I off the aircon cos i have bad sinus in the morning and sometimes when i decide to on the aircon later during the drive, it DOES NOT turn on!

sometimes I start the car in the morning and aircon doesnt turn on automatically. when this happens, totally CANNOT turn on the aircon at all. none of the aircon buttons work and if its a hot day (like most days recently), i'm baking in the car!!!!!! :wtf:

brought it in a week ago, PML kept the car from morning 830am till the next day and problem still NOT solved. dont know if they even let the technician see the car or whether they brought the car for joyride! cos i work for a car company and normal test drive routes for technicians only around 2-3KM max. when I got the car back, it clocked around 15KM. they claimed software has been updated but really doubt so.

complete waste of time and now got to bring in the car again cos SA say its (quote) "a more serious problem". above problems were ALREADY highlighted during the 1st time i brought the car in and now they say it's a more serious problem. was already pissed they kept the car for more than a day !! SA says he will arrange for replacement car which means this time, really dont know how long they will keep the car!

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!! is my car a lemon????!!!!

pls share if u have similar experiences with the aircon......=(

Last edited by a moderator:

sable81;812434 said:
having a frustrating problem with the s20i (only 3 mths old!!!!)

when i switch on the car in the morning, the aircon automatically switches on (regardless of whether i left it on the previous night). SA told me that normally the aircon will be off. but also UNSURE if this is the case for new BMWs....(HUH??!!)

so I off the aircon cos i have bad sinus in the morning and sometimes when i decide to on the aircon later during the drive, it DOES NOT turn on!

sometimes I start the car in the morning and aircon doesnt turn on automatically. when this happens, totally CANNOT turn on the aircon at all. none of the aircon buttons work and if its a hot day (like most days recently), i'm baking in the car!!!!!! :wtf:

brought it in a week ago, PML kept the car from morning 830am till the next day and problem still NOT solved. dont know if they even let the technician see the car or whether they brought the car for joyride! cos i work for a car company and normal test drive routes for technicians only around 2-3KM max. when I got the car back, it clocked around 15KM. they claimed software has been updated but really doubt so.

complete waste of time and now got to bring in the car again cos SA say its (quote) "a more serious problem". above problems were ALREADY highlighted during the 1st time i brought the car in and now they say it's a more serious problem. was already pissed they kept the car for more than a day !! SA says he will arrange for replacement car which means this time, really dont know how long they will keep the car!

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!! is my car a lemon????!!!!

pls share if u have similar experiences with the aircon......=(

Hi Sable,

long time no see no hear from you..................how are you?
my AC ok from day 1 till last year i think.....don't know what went wrong some time cold some time not very cold even at night but i can definitely on and off without even need to key in or say any password or see Feng Shui timing......sent to PML, within 1 day issue solve......

Probably yours should be same issue....could be a sensor or relay not sending signal to somewhere thus you got this on and off issue...

but when it is on is it cold???? got cold air?

have you been driving it Roofless??? time to drive Roofless more........................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;812447 said:
Hi Sable,

my AC ok from day 1 till last year i think.....don't know what went wrong some time cold some time not very cold even at night but i can definitely on and off without even need to key in or say any password or see Feng Shui timing......sent to PML, within 1 day issue solve......

Probably yours should be same issue....could be a sensor or relay not sending signal to somewhere thus you got this on and off issue...

have you been driving it Roofless??? time to drive Roofless more........................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

hello ac323...im fine (except for stupid aircon problem), hope u are well too!

the aircon is cold (i think if its not cold, it's got to do with topping up the aircon "gas" or something?) ...yes i suspect greatly that its an electrical fault...but TWO DAYS at the workshop (my appt was 820am in the morning!) and nothing got done so its very frustrating! all i see from the 2 days the car spent there, is that the fuel needle dropped! bloody hell. :evillook:

they should have been able to identify the problem, the SA even told me he tested the car aircon for two hours! and then nothing done still. very irritating.

only drive roofless about twice a week cos rarely drive at night (sometimes sit bf car) ......

sable81;812504 said:

the aircon is cold (i think if its not cold, it's got to do with topping up the aircon "gas" or something?) ...yes i suspect greatly that its an electrical fault...but TWO DAYS at the workshop (my appt was 820am in the morning!) and nothing got done so its very frustrating! all i see from the 2 days the car spent there, is that the fuel needle dropped! bloody hell. :evillook:

they should have been able to identify the problem, the SA even told me he tested the car aircon for two hours! and then nothing done still. very irritating.

only drive roofless about twice a week cos rarely drive at night (sometimes sit bf car) ......

Hi sable,

should ask BF to drive Z4 more...........................( join us for Roofless Night Drive )
actually at times i feel all this issue can be like the weather, when you are waiting for it to arise they don't appear.......................like you go to the beach and the rain comes..............., etc...

Probably you monitor it for awhile before send in again.....

cheers

Jimster;812512 said:
hehe roofless rock~!!! just that bad for skin =_=

abit of Sun is ok...............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;812447 said:
Hi Sable,

Wow, thats what I have been afriad of everytime I collect a car. My car does not have this AC problem but I realise it has a creaking noise at the rear driver suspension whenever I go over the humps or getting out of the slope. Maybe I was at fault using my jet to wash but its only one side. Will have PML check during service and if they cannot resolve it like your experience, I'd go else where to do! Maybe send the bill to them? hahahaha, warranty issue.. shit.

I have 2 friends that bought two 325 and their convertible leaks badly, one of them manage to get PML change a brand new one, the other sold the car and got a merc. They say the 3 series got a leaking problem, I got no prob with my Z4 roof and i am truely thankful.

I try to keep my ride under the shade most of the time

AC, when and where you guys go for the night rides? I go for night drives like 3-4 times a week, would like to join you guys

ac323 - monitored for a few weeks already...problem didnt go away thats why sent it in...quite jialat esp on hot days (35C !!)...bf work schedule is quite erratic but next time got meetup maybe we try to go ...he also drive bmw-owned car (jcw)

if they still cannot resolve this time....:biggun:

the car is in the shade 90% of the time ...only drive 3-4 times max a week...(cycle to work cos cannot park car at company's building) ....then still have this problem....very pek chek

sable81;812765 said:
ac323 - monitored for a few weeks already...problem didnt go away thats why sent it in...quite jialat esp on hot days (35C !!)...bf work schedule is quite erratic but next time got meetup maybe we try to go ...he also drive bmw-owned car (jcw)

if they still cannot resolve this time....:biggun:

the car is in the shade 90% of the time ...only drive 3-4 times max a week...(cycle to work cos cannot park car at company's building) ....then still have this problem....very pek chek

Hi Sable,

Oh I see. Ok then better make a complaint to the SA manager.

Cheers

sable i tell u more ass thing.

i had alignment problem after going over bad bump, car goes left unless i counter right abt 5 degrees.

send to agent n did alignment w computer 7 times n like total 4 weeks on n off in their garage. lucky its spare car.

i had to live w bad alignment for 3 months now

finally solve after going to small independent shop who did manual tuning in 1 hr.

now car is more or less straight. ha ha.

i feel u. go piss them off if they dunt solve or go to case.

most impt, dunt depend on them. if u think another shop can do it, pay n forget.

save urself the anguish n time.

i wish i did so 3 mths ago.

n cost me a few hundred bucks n also 30 days in agent garage n noting done too.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

sable81;812504 said:

Can consider driving to BOSS and get them to assess what's wrong, then get PML to do apply the right fix.

hymth;813487 said:
Can consider driving to BOSS and get them to assess what's wrong, then get PML to do apply the right fix.

Try sending it to Kg Arang hahaha. Might be better?

leonardlp - 4 mths is crazy...but now that u mention it, no wonder the SA dont mind trying to arrange replacement car for me cos they cant solve the damn problem in a few days??!! hopeless! yes i'm thinking of maybe bringing to my own company's mechanics...at least got a bit of peace of mind cos can monitor the progress of the repair personally also...but I will see what PML says. today the SA told me he's still trying to arrange replacement car dammit...

cupholders- ....actually i think it doesnt matter which svc centre cos the place that screwed up is the Kg Arang branch, thats where I brought car in for repairs ....:(

sable81;814951 said:
leonardlp - 4 mths is crazy...but now that u mention it, no wonder the SA dont mind trying to arrange replacement car for me cos they cant solve the damn problem in a few days??!! hopeless! yes i'm thinking of maybe bringing to my own company's mechanics...at least got a bit of peace of mind cos can monitor the progress of the repair personally also...but I will see what PML says. today the SA told me he's still trying to arrange replacement car dammit...

cupholders- ....actually i think it doesnt matter which svc centre cos the place that screwed up is the Kg Arang branch, thats where I brought car in for repairs ....:(

Best is to send it to PML since it's under Warranty no? Technically you've already paid PML to take care of your car. Try pushing them for the replacement car.

Ask for a 335i or smth HEHEHEHHE

cupholders;815047 said:
Best is to send it to PML since it's under Warranty no? Technically you've already paid PML to take care of your car. Try pushing them for the replacement car.

Ask for a 335i or smth HEHEHEHHE

yes...preferably will do repairs there but not going to wait days/ weeks like what leonardlp went thru....:(

so if cant get it fixed then have to bring elsewhere i guess....

knowing them, they'll prob give 1 series....:boring:

sable81;815077 said:
yes...preferably will do repairs there but not going to wait days/ weeks like what leonardlp went thru....:(

so if cant get it fixed then have to bring elsewhere i guess....

knowing them, they'll prob give 1 series....:boring:

Hi sable,

or sent to Bangkok? that's where Leonard is...................

cheersssssssssssssssss

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back