Any F13 owners collected their cars yet? Share impressions please!

Re: Any F13 owners collected their cars yet? Share impressions please!

Anyway... went into the Showroom with firm mindset for 640i Coupe.. Dont know why after test driving the cabriolet cos no coupe to test drive, end up buying the Cab...

Now that reality hit me... i message my SE asking him to show me the coupe pricing tomorrow.. hahaha... Buyer's remorse... Both just look too good...

Wobbles...F13 damn cool ah..but MI 4 F13...all crash until seow....even 1 series also not spared...mod to have the glowing grills....

jamesyeow;716626 said:
Anyway... went into the Showroom with firm mindset for 640i Coupe.. Dont know why after test driving the cabriolet cos no coupe to test drive, end up buying the Cab...

Now that reality hit me... i message my SE asking him to show me the coupe pricing tomorrow.. hahaha... Buyer's remorse... Both just look too good...

Topless is the way to go!
Ac323 say one

Puffer;716662 said:
Wobbles...F13 damn cool ah..but MI 4 F13...all crash until seow....even 1 series also not spared...mod to have the glowing grills....

Bro puffer, so how was the movie? You saw already ah yesterday? Got special privilege for the PML guests or not ah? Eg. Red carpet ? Heheh

jamesyeow;716626 said:

Bro, this "buyer's remorse" is very common for me. When I was in the market for my F02, the news of the N54 HPFP was rampant in the market. California Bimmer drivers were contemplating a class action suit against BMW. Recalls were on the cards. Scared the daylights outta me, and I settled for the N52 F02. Regretted it the minute I put my signature on the line... Should have gone for the 740Li instead etc etc. Won't be so suay to happen to me etc etc. But now, a year of owning and driving my 730Li, I can't imagine myself not driving it. Love the linear pull and smooth lazy engine. I'm so glad to have landed the last of the N52B30n engines - car drives and wafts like a lazy Sunday afternoon dream.

Then, at the recent F13 launch, I was again tossing up between a 640i or 650i. In the end, after much contemplation (after all, I had a chance to sample both cars) I decided to go for the 640i and spec my options up. I thought the $45k saved would leave me plenty to play around with. Of course, the brothers on the forum know I then suffered another attack of buyer's remorse a couple of weeks into the purchase. After adding the M-sport, upgrading to 20" wheels, took out sunroof, put in factory tint, surround view, park assist, comfort seats, alcantara anthracite headliner (dun like the grey shit they were peddling), the 640i came up to be only about $15-20k cheaper than a stock 650i - so I kinda regretted not going for the monster V8 instead. Too bad, BMW Asia already firmed up my options and the car has already been slated for January 2012 production in Dingolfing.

I daresay, all the misgivings and remorse would soon be quickly forgotten though, when I finally take delivery of the F13 and start enjoying the manic 450Nm of pure, unadulterated torque available with the flexing of my right ankle, from 1300rpm. From gut feel, to butt feel, to heart feel - I reckon. I'll just end up loving the 640i every bit as much as I should.

If you've chosen the 640i cabriolet - go with your heart. Your first, primal instinct is hardly ever wrong - and the F12 is just every bit as fun a car to own and drive, as the F13.

Good luck and congrats again!

Promo? Got. Today i do oil change. CSA say engine got problem... Tell me change car... Ask me watch MI 4 trailer again and then test drive F13 later. I say no money. SA say take my car back....

U all shd just go ahead and change the exos n then tell ur wives or gf tat it's stock and say "but I tell u , u also dun know"

wobbles;716691 said:
Bro, this "buyer's remorse" is very common for me. When I was in the market for my F02, the news of the N54 HPFP was rampant in the market. California Bimmer drivers were contemplating a class action suit against BMW. Recalls were on the cards. Scared the daylights outta me, and I settled for the N52 F02. Regretted it the minute I put my signature on the line... Should have gone for the 740Li instead etc etc. Won't be so suay to happen to me etc etc. But now, a year of owning and driving my 730Li, I can't imagine myself not driving it. Love the linear pull and smooth lazy engine. I'm so glad to have landed the last of the N52B30n engines - car drives and wafts like a lazy Sunday afternoon dream.

Then, at the recent F13 launch, I was again tossing up between a 640i or 650i. In the end, after much contemplation (after all, I had a chance to sample both cars) I decided to go for the 640i and spec my options up. I thought the $45k saved would leave me plenty to play around with. Of course, the brothers on the forum know I then suffered another attack of buyer's remorse a couple of weeks into the purchase. After adding the M-sport, upgrading to 20" wheels, took out sunroof, put in factory tint, surround view, park assist, comfort seats, alcantara anthracite headliner (dun like the grey shit they were peddling), the 640i came up to be only about $15-20k cheaper than a stock 650i - so I kinda regretted not going for the monster V8 instead. Too bad, BMW Asia already firmed up my options and the car has already been slated for January 2012 production in Dingolfing.

I daresay, all the misgivings and remorse would soon be quickly forgotten though, when I finally take delivery of the F13 and start enjoying the manic 450Nm of pure, unadulterated torque available with the flexing of my right ankle, from 1300rpm. From gut feel, to butt feel, to heart feel - I reckon. I'll just end up loving the 640i every bit as much as I should.

If you've chosen the 640i cabriolet - go with your heart. Your first, primal instinct is hardly ever wrong - and the F12 is just every bit as fun a car to own and drive, as the F13.

Yes wobbles... decided to stay put with the Cabriolet.. follow my heart.... So when are you collecting your ride??

Hi james - last update from SE was when I bugged her for that failed attempt upgrade my purchase to the 650i - that was about a bit less than a week ago, and the news then was that the order has been firmed up, so no changes allowed anymore. I guess it'll be after the CNY, anticipated/estimated delivery is in mid to late March 2012, for a Dec 2011/January 2012 production car, sigh...

Congrats on your F12 again!

MW;716717 said:
U all shd just go ahead and change the exos n then tell ur wives or gf tat it's stock and say "but I tell u , u also dun know"

bro... later i kenna dekit by my wife and become stock man.

wobbles;716691 said:

N52B30 is a peach :) Have been hankering after a 330i since the E46 model. The car had a nice bassy exhaust sound also. Didn't mind that outright acceleration was brisk rather than really fast. But I guess I might feel differently after more experiences with the turbos...

wobbles;717064 said:
Hi james - last update from SE was when I bugged her for that failed attempt upgrade my purchase to the 650i - that was about a bit less than a week ago, and the news then was that the order has been firmed up, so no changes allowed anymore. I guess it'll be after the CNY, anticipated/estimated delivery is in mid to late March 2012, for a Dec 2011/January 2012 production car, sigh...

Congrats on your F12 again!
Hopefully i can collect mine before Xmas... not going for any option and buying what ever there is... Lets meet up after you collect your ride man...

cyrus271;717231 said:
N52B30 is a peach :) Have been hankering after a 330i since the E46 model. The car had a nice bassy exhaust sound also. Didn't mind that outright acceleration was brisk rather than really fast. But I guess I might feel differently after more experiences with the turbos...

Then bro, you'll have to hurry, because sadly, they are phasing this peach of an engine out :( - the 730Lis are going for a relative song, so that might be a good option for you to consider - otherwise, there's been some whisper heard from deep within the Tower of Mordor that there may be a 630i in the works for Asia - a year or so after the initial launch, and this might still be the peachy N52B30 - but that's only mist and shadow, so don't quote me on that hor! Hehehe

jamesyeow;717509 said:
Hopefully i can collect mine before Xmas... not going for any option and buying what ever there is... Lets meet up after you collect your ride man...

Congrats again, bro - yeah, we F13/F12 owners must stick together & I hope to be able to get together when I finally take delivery of my F13 :)

By the way, any nice and approve exhaust for the 640i?? Im thinking of changing it to make it louder :p

jamesyeow;717549 said:
By the way, any nice and approve exhaust for the 640i?? Im thinking of changing it to make it louder :p

Bro, I've been checking around - no luck, unless you want the fake welded type. If you van be patient, we do group buy AI Mai? I'm super keen on Quad tips :)

wobbles;717597 said:
Bro, I've been checking around - no luck, unless you want the fake welded type. If you van be patient, we do group buy AI Mai? I'm super keen on Quad tips :)
Sounds very tempting... Ok let see what we can come out with man. Im very keen :).. now just cant wait to collect the ride....

wobbles;717510 said:
Then bro, you'll have to hurry, because sadly, they are phasing this peach of an engine out :( - the 730Lis are going for a relative song, so that might be a good option for you to consider - otherwise, there's been some whisper heard from deep within the Tower of Mordor that there may be a 630i in the works for Asia - a year or so after the initial launch, and this might still be the peachy N52B30 - but that's only mist and shadow, so don't quote me on that hor! Hehehe

The F10 brochures seem to suggest that BMW is keeping a 530i model in the line up - hopefully this means there'll still be an NA and a turbo IL6, and not a 728i / 628i! I've just moved on from from my small six (N52B25) E90.... am sure I would have kept the car longer had it been the 3.0! Have a humble little boxer 6 engine behind my ears now :)

wobbles;717597 said:

sounds like a plan. but mine not m sports... can or not? btw, do you know where to buy vossen wheels? i like the 5 spoke wheels man.

spursburger;717714 said:
sounds like a plan. but mine not m sports... can or not? btw, do you know where to buy vossen wheels? i like the 5 spoke wheels man.

OK, I'll keep you guys posted on when the Quads come out onto the market & vice versa please.

I reckon it wouldn't make a difference - the guys will have to cut the diffusers to fit either one of our rides, M-sport or otherwise, so no worries :)

I've never heard of vossen wheels - got pictures to share, thks :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lentoria28

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back