Audi R8 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Audi R8 Testing

caySman;249345 said:
Got R8 testing but got to ask `aggressively' for ppl like me. No money not an issue if the R8 is good enough for you to sell backside to buy it. Supercar attributes - I have no freakin' idea. I don't even use the word actually.

If you force me to define supercar, is a car so superlative in attributes that it transcends a normal car. Which makes the Cayman NOT a supercar, neither the GT3. Nor the R8. And none of the Masers. The F430 probably, the F430 Scuderia for sure, the weight is 1.35 tons with 500+ BHP is definitely on, some more with advanced construction.

If that's the case, the Prius, LS600H and Insight are definitely supercars too, esp the insight with aluminium construction and hybrid drivetrain, and the Prius and LS with superb CVT and energy return systems. The M1 made of plastic, so probably. Fiorano 599 GTB, Mac F1, etc. for sure.

The Elise too! And the 2-11. And all the Caterhams, the Caparo, all of them are supercars! The new Toyota IQ US$5K car, for sure, so advanced and cheap the construction. The Ariel Atom, definitely!

All the BMWs today, no. Not the M3 not the Z4M. M5 M6 also no lah.
Hehe me just backside itchy to post something relevant cause been very quiet the past few days ;)

Anyway can test drive anot also not a huge hooha for me personally lah, unless of course if I'm interested then I will go and see how it feels like to drive and own one lo...

Thats the whole point of a test drive anyway right?

rex7_vtec;249347 said:
Hehe me just backside itchy to post something relevant cause been very quiet the past few days ;)

Anyway can test drive anot also not a huge hooha for me personally lah, unless of course if I'm interested then I will go and see how it feels like to drive and own one lo...

Thats the whole point of a test drive anyway right?
yes me too. The only test drive I take is when:

1) Friend or dickhead like Elma ask me go down test cars to give him my opinion, end up I buy it instead. He cost me S$300K ++ because to buy a 2 seater I had to buy another 7 seater in addition.
2) Cars I think of buying.

Not test for the sake of testing. Very dangerous one.

Am just gonna skip through the minefields and just focus on what I know ;)

eggz;248944 said:
Ok, since it's likely the folks at Premium will not even let me get within 3m of the R8 when it arrives

I not enough liao to test drive, but I just hope CaySMan see me friend enough to bring me along for his test drive, so I can beo the car enough liao (since no space for pax in test drive)

eggz;248944 said:
Ok, since it's likely the folks at Premium will not even let me get within 3m of the R8 when it arrives

PGR4 is going to be released soon on the XBox360, and I believe it has the R8 as well.

Here it is in Shanghai to boot!!! in the rain! So you can pick up yr lovely meimei ;)

http://www.bizarrecreations.com/images/news_content/11-09-07/0029.jpg

0029.jpg

axl;249144 said:
R8 only looks nice in dark colours I reckon... with a non-contrasting side-blade.

I remember reading a review that said the CF side blade was an option. Can't believe how much crap that CF side blade is getting here ;) (ps shaun, yes, I will rinse my mouth shortly)

ROADandTRACK.com -- Road Tests - Road Test: 2008 Audi R8 4.2 FSI (4/2007)

The distinctive side element is referred to as a “sideblade” and buyers have the option of body color, carbon fiber, Oxygen Silver or something Audi calls Carbon Sigma, which is like a silver-colored carbon weave.

Preview: 2008 Audi R8 - MSN Autos

Concept Car Looks, Racing Technology
The Audi R8 sports car begins with the classic wide, low stance of a mid-engine exotic but the design is dominated by a signature styling element, the "Blade" of carbon fiber on each side—behind the door and in front of the rear wheel—that runs from the roof at an angle over the side air intakes to the rocker panel. R8 owners will have the choice of whether to emphasize the Blade by choosing a contrasting color or integrating the Blade with a color matching the rest of the body. The choices include light carbon fiber, dark carbon fiber or body-color paint.

rex7_vtec;249334 said:
So is there a test drive for R8 anot?

I no money to buy R8 but still can test drive if there is one?

By the way what are the attributes of a supercar? I drive my 523 feel like a supercar to me also cause i can chiet alot of taxis. Got GPS somemore dun play play

523 got iDrive and GPS?

DoggieHowser;249368 said:
PGR4 is going to be released soon on the XBox360, and I believe it has the R8 as well.

Wah swee..PGR4 will have R8 as well, ok I'll get that! Thanks Doggie....

DoggieHowser;249369 said:
I remember reading a review that said the CF side blade was an option. Can't believe how much crap that CF side blade is getting here ;) (ps shaun, yes, I will rinse my mouth shortly)

ROADandTRACK.com -- Road Tests - Road Test: 2008 Audi R8 4.2 FSI (4/2007)
Just fyi - in case anyone is interested:
Option cost for Sideblade in Carbon Fibre is S$8k. Can opt for the Special upgrade package which comes with fine nappa full leather trim, lighting package (for engine compartment), Sideblade in Carbon Fibre for a total package price of S$18.6k.

A super exchange, i must say. If i may so add

The good Dr. must know where he is positioned in the social hierarchical map. Just like the recent Japanese minister who lost his job for saying that woman are only good for bearing babies. He may really believe it, but as he is in a certain "position", such an insensitive remark cannot be tolerated. Imagine that this same comment was said by a normal japanese dude. maybe the lynch mob would be more forgiving.

So SM is really in a bittersweet position in this social map. He is certainly perceived to be living it up, what being a Dr and all the cars which he has and all. (Normally people are not so gracious in giving just dues, in that it is perhaps not so easy to pass medical school even if your parents could afford it or why he is so lucky to be blessed with a silver spoon and others not.

So on this token, this makes him a yummy ripe target. So Shaun took the good Dr to task for his seemingly insensitive comments. Note that was all the Dr did but if he has the nerve to say it, he should then understand that it may have certain repercussions. like maybe from Audi and R8 fans or in some cases a guy like Shaun.

Mind you, I am not saying that Shaun is bullying a rich kid, rather that all people need to know how to be more tactful/sensitive when they voice their opinions in public and perhaps more so people in certain "classes". The same outburst happened in the thread on racing stripes as a person which was driving a lotus was perceived to be cocky bcos he said that racing stripes belonged to his car and not on a bimmer, certainly a strong remark in a forums on BMWs. The Lotus guy also tried to explain that he believes he is being hit upon only becos he is driving a lotus. But to be fair, you cannot blame Jack for saying that he is cocky. Which is also perhaps an insensitive remark but a remark only nevertheless. So in case Lionel wants to say that Jack is wrong for his remark, Jack also has every right to say that Lionel is a prick. What may happen would then be .....an exchange lor. With words or fists or whatever suits them lor. Humans have fought each other for ages. Why ? go figure if you already cannot see the picture. Ask people around you and you get a huge database of different answers. So if you can give it, prepare to take it as well. That is why most people chose to be less "controversial", less loud.

I do not know Shaun and i do not deem to be in a position to judge him on his sanity but I can see where he is coming from. He simply believes in righteousness and cares deeply for fairness in the world. To a lot of people, this is so foreign ! It is a losing battle as do people care enough to move their butts to do the correct thing ? whatever it may be.Yes yes, it maybe a lost cause but perhaps not to him. And believe me he gets shit for his beliefs. People call him names, people ridicule him , burn him at the stake. so you see it works both ways.

But in the end, this is just a decision by an individual on how he choose to live his life. There is no right or wrong, silly or not. Not everyone is born equal. So the age old saying. You live your life and I'll live mine. Don't judge me and i don't judge you.

No one should try to be a know-it-all. lest in an ocean, you think you are the big fish until another bigger fish comes along. Then you habis.

You can't have it all ! But good Dr, blood don't scare you and so a bout of really strong words will not kill you lah. No need to win all the time as sometimes you get people like shaun which bcos of his strong beliefs, you can never fall. But you got the chicks and the cars, he got his beliefs and intellect. So............so........sorry in case i have spelling mistakes.

Woot the fark did i write so much things lah. Not scared kenna repercussion is it ? i go hide in my hole now. bye

You are dead wrong to say that Shaun's replies has anything to do with SM's background. Just telling you so.

Allan, thanks for sharing your view. You make some good points regarding responsibility, but I have to disagree with some of what you've said, just like I disagree with some of what Caysman has said.

It's definitely not about background. Anyone who has known me from way back in the day will know I've done the same to karters, all the way up to sportscar owners. At work, on vacation, online, offline, to strangers, acquaintences, friends, young, old, male, female. Arising from both automotive and non-automotive talk.

It doesn't happen very often. Most times there is healthy discussion on the points and sometimes view change, sometimes agreement to disagree. Last personal OT type argument was years ago. The only common spark across the personal OT stuff is vulgar, illogical, or disrespectful attempted justification of thoughtless words or action, plain lies, intentional misrepresentation of fact, false projection of self, lack of ethic, attempted shirking of responsibility of what is on record, or baseless attacks on the character of my friends or I. It's principle.

There are lots of people that do and say things that I don't agree with, but that's their choice. What they're ]not doing though, when asked to discuss their reasoning, go OT and come back telling you in all too easy vague terms that you operate outside the real world (because as god they know what exactly it is), offer to teach you about life (having lived very long drawing on a large stock of wide ranging experience), or claim to know everything about your allegedly horrible past, current state, and future. It's extremely lofty, illogical, cowardly, and anyone can react like that in any situation, but it's a zero sharing zero progression (useless) reaction.

Here's how things could be kept simple...

A: That car is a pile.
B: What? Why? It's got great reviews.
A: But it looks monkey butt
B: Come on that's not a nice way of putting things, besides how can a mechanical object look like an organic body part?
A: That's just how I feel, and looks are extremely important. You don't have to agree.
B: Gee, ok.

The end.

Or, people are free to come back with an antagonistic reply that sparks the OT argument. A response like..

A: I never said it looks like monkey butt. All I said that it's look doesn't flow like a supercar should. Aiyah but you completely miss my point because you just don't understand, you have no insight, Can't blame you, it's ok. After all you don't operate in the real world, little kid. Come back and talk to me when you've learnt something about life.

Here a simple difference in opinion now involves subjective definitions of life and the real world, and offensive name calling - and the downward spiral begins.

Also thanks to the mods and admins for this greater freedom of expression and for threadstarter Cays for not complaining about, but rather encouraging differences in opinion. I don't think this thread has been too coarse overall.

Shaun;249437 said:
Also thanks to the mods and admins for this greater freedom of expression and for threadstarter Cays for not complaining about, but rather encouraging differences in opinion. I don't think this thread has been too coarse overall.
You da man Shaun!!!

Oh by the way who was the one asking about my 523 with iDrive and GPS?
Well the facelift models do come with iDrive but I had to top up 10Gs for my GPS.... Well at least its a selling point next time isn't it?

Doogie... i thought.... you ... prime prospective customer now that you are seriously in a dilemma. I'll let you all know, like the time and place, 3M, doogie, elma, etc.... but I suspect when you see the SE you will not even want to see the car anymore. Anyway, you guys are .... errr.... more than capable to buy this car, more so than me. So everybody drive lah, since car is out already ...

DoggieHowser;249368 said:
Am just gonna skip through the minefields and just focus on what I know ;)

I not enough liao to test drive, but I just hope CaySMan see me friend enough to bring me along for his test drive, so I can beo the car enough liao (since no space for pax in test drive)

allan, you are right in one thing. I reacted strongly to Dr. words because of my preconceptio n that doctor was a balanced and rational person. If he were nick, I would be forgiving because he is a kid. Once Nick becomes a big guy with lotsa experience, I would be less forgiving.

caySman;249490 said:
Doogie... i thought.... you ... prime prospective customer

I dun print money like you leh :p

Me stick with jipun chia...

rex7_vtec;249489 said:
Oh by the way who was the one asking about my 523 with iDrive and GPS?
Well the facelift models do come with iDrive but I had to top up 10Gs for my GPS.... Well at least its a selling point next time isn't it?

I see. Cos I saw a couple of 523s in my carpark and they all dun hv iDrive.

OMG! So you decided on the ... MONSTER? GREAT CHOICE and much more ex than my current ride anyway. THere goes the money theory outta the window.

Ok, I think I need to spread some lovin' here. Who wants some?? :)

Anyway, just watched last week's FG, evidently the R8 has a 2 year waiting list in UK. Overpriced or not, the demand's there I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeconexcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back