Audi R8 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Audi R8 Testing

Shaun and Racebred, when an auto enthusiast suddenly finds himself at the wheel of an endurance race car, assuming that the benchmark Evo is 5/10 for everything, how will he rate the race car for:

1) Steering feel
2) Ride comfort
3) Backside balance feel
4) Shift quality

I would think that all these would be rated so low compared to the street car from what I read and hear ... meaning the street car would feel better.

I have taken a step back and taken a better look at the recent verbal exchanges between myself and shaun.

I am inclined to write this post because I feel the need to share my perspective. As a reader, you can chose to ignore or disagree. I wrote this post yesterday but I decided not to post it, telling myself to do so only if Shaun continue to manifest his sarcastic, word-twisting and vindictive mannerism. I told myself if Shaun keeps his lid, I will keep mine. But destiny would have it that he would create another whimsical post that ended with him telling me to “rinse my mouth”. (which I have done before posting this)

And indeed, he fell for the ploy. By using his own medicine back at him, he couldn’t withstand the opportunity for another salvo. It was too glorious an opening for him. And so here it goes.

I have begun to understand the unusual behaviour of someone like you, Shaun. Someone like you who uses the internet as a faceless medium to gratify yourself.

Someone who goes around forums inciting wrath, angst and hatred by intentional use of provocative remarks, under the clout of apparent delivery of technical knowledge, reflects an unsound mind.

No normal person would enjoy being banned from forums (especially if he loves cars) and no one would certainly enjoy making enemies from a recreational activity like surfing the internet.

I have noticed an underlying theme behind your strategically constructed replies – you use good English with carefully chosen words to systematically and painstakingly manipulate the emotive, psychological and social attributes of a person (s). You are a master of the art of delivering the jugular blow – at the right place, at the right time – to elicit the kind of fury and pique from your victim that you originally intended.

You are not stupid, as can be observed by your clever use of words as well as your sound knowledge of technical expertise in the field of automobiles. You are not happy enough to be recognised as a reliable source of independently verifiable information; you choose to colour your remarks with arrogance, with the sterling purpose of igniting an oil fire. You often succeed – as can be seen by the responses from other forums, including you being banned from some of them. You perhaps then obtain your egoistic satisfaction. You search the world for car forums to showcase your talents, but you do so in a misplaced and strange manner. If your intention is to educate, then I think the delivery has been a tragedy. Your language and choice of words are offensive to put it bluntly. Despite the fact that you have been advised on your flaws, you chose not to mend your approach. Something I cannot phathom.

With all these observations in mind, I am inclined to comment that you are almost harbouring on the brink of a psychosocial disorder. Your behaviour is certainly not normal, and I urge you to take stock of your own mental health and seek medical advice should the need arise. You have an intelligent and capable mind that has worrying synapses which stimulate you to embark on verbal exchanges beyond the ordinary – with the intention to emotionally maim and critically insult. Your world revolves around the computer – it is your means of communication, but you are not communicating in ways becoming of someone of your age and intellect. Your comments are somewhat perverse, and your definition of happiness is warped. You choose your victims carefully, and proceed to devour them at the slightest opportunity, using bystanders as leverage and under the clout of speaking up for (your) truths and beliefs, or on the pretext of standing up for someone else. You do not withdraw once you are on the offensive, you prepare for the kill. To silence. To torture beyond reprieve. You are almost like Hannibal, but the intellectual version.

I feel sorry for you. Sorry for your lack of insight into your own inadequacies, and I wonder if you have had setbacks in life or in childhood that might have triggered this irretrievable road to self destruction. As someone older than you, I take it unkindly on myself in engaging you in an unnecessary verbal tirade, force-feeding your fuel hungry mind with the kind of angry responses that you so desire and crave for, especially those responses that provide you immense gratification.

This forum, in my opinion, has been kind to you. You have good friends that stand by you, perhaps seeing you on the other side of the fence and appreciating your real nature (which I understand is not that bad at all). Unfortunately, words on the internet often carry misrepresented emotion and accusations, reactions and tempers can run wild. Some of your remarks today, especially when unprovoked, would almost certainly warrant an instant banning (or at least a warning) from other forums, who will obviously not view you so graciously. No forum will tolerate trouble makers of any sort, and your track records in other forums speak for itself. Do count your blessings on the liberty bestowed upon you, albeit unceremoniously, which allows you relative free play in your personal cyberspace portal in bmw-sg.

What started as my personal (biased or not biased is besides the point) take on the Audi R8 and the test drive issues has surged to become a war of words. Despite me repeatedly stating my point (which everyone is entitled to disagree of course), you have chosen to ignore my pleas for sanity and for objectivity, and continue to draw delight with posts oblivious to any form of objective clarification that I wanted to make.

I never said the R8 was a lousy car.. In fact I liked the look when I first saw it, but I didn’t like the fact that it had some semblance to the TT (again my own opinion) nor that strange patch of discoloured metal on its sides. For that, I am taken to the guillotine. By you. I compared the presence of test drives to reputability and tradition of true blue exotics, and I did not once said the R8 was incapable of challenging for top honours. I merely meant I felt it needed time to prove its mettle, despite what car journalists say around the world. And the fact that test drives are being allowed is an indication of the company’s appreciation that “hey we have got a great car here, and we need to let people know’.

I think you need help.

And you need help soon.

Especially when I have been told the best method to dis-engage you is to ignore your posts.

Which is what I will do.

Remember the world will move on with or without you. And the world certainly, does not revolve around your heroic internet fantasies.

Take care.

SM

OK OT a little since this thread has already served its purpose.

In this thread, strong characters like SMyuen and Shaun, and elmariachi have definitely enriched this thread. Therefore the need for diversity in this world, otherwise the entire world would be like a VIOS world. Since SMyuen has taken the step of judging characters, correctly or incorrectly judged, I'd also want to take my chance at describing what the characters mean to me.

Let's take a look at elma! This is a bucking young man, hanging around with older people and probably a good strong family grounding, therefore absorbing quickly attitudes, but still having the strength to retain his strong idealistic spirit throughout (hey, he's young!). As always, he struggles for the correct words but in longer interactive sessions you can find the words for him. As most morally idealistic people are, they are biased against any indication of falsehood, but lack the words to describe what they feel about the falsehood, and cannot identify the falsehood clearly. This is not an issue with their language, but rather a lack of experience not equipping them with `shortcuts' in thought processes to describe certain idiosyncracies and character flaws. They will learn in time, of course, given proper development. That's why Elma's post sounded so biased, because he didn't have the correct words.

Shaun on the other hand is NOT a young man. He has seen good and bad people, and according to his own moral standard have spoken out against them. Hey, if in real life, you depend on certain people you utterly hate and you can't screw them, you can still screw people you perceive as dickheads on the forum, with words so well chosen as to achieve maximum incisive effect. So, in his free time, staring too long at the telemetry data, you log on to this little forum from the little island you were born, and just search for something interesting to comment on. I'm sure he's not showboating, showoffs usually overclaim and their language is identifiably defensive in any argument. But it is nice to just take a little brain power just to help out poor hapless amateurs in their quest for truth and knowledge, because humanity fundamentally is a social creature, and Shaun has the knowledge to trade but not the `brotherliness' and `cocksucking' so that's all he does. Of course, this knowledge is of no value to people not interested in knowledge, and therefore Shaun has nothing to trade with them but just words.

SMYuen to me is a petrolhead. Of a different kind than me though, if I were brave enough to claim the title of `petrolhead'. To me, he NOW appreciates cars like some people appreciate art. Now,you can't drive an artpiece. Though art has an objective value and some people appreciate art on the merits of that artpiece alone, the majority of Singaporeans today appreciate art NOT on its intrinsic merits, but more on the perceptions of OTHER PEOPLE towards that artpiece. SMyuen is to me on the latter category.

There are great merits for one appreciating art from the perspective of other people! It is `other people' who would buy that artpiece from you! And if you hang that artpiece in your house, it is other people who look at it and praise the artpiece. If more `other people' love that artpiece, then the artpiece would fetch a high price! And it is PERFECTLY FINE that one appreciates an artpiece from the perspective of `other people' as long as the person does not profess that he is appreciating the artpiece for its intrinsic objective value. Yes, an artpiece which has intrinsic objective value may have a good chance of other people appreciating it too, but that is unrelated - because you can either be one or the other - if you appreciate something for the intrinsic value of it itself, one cannot also bother about what other people think of that something. And vice versa. Why? Simple - because it is unrelated. Other people's minds are unrelated to yours, so you cannot control it if one does not rationally appreciate the intrinsic value of an artpiece, and neither should you care.

What's the problem here? let's get Elma out of the picture, he's not old enough yet to influence what's wrong here. What's wrong here is that both Shaun and SMyuen are at fault for the current altercation.

Shaun is at fault because he is insisting that SMYUEN MUST FALL IN LINE and appreciate a car for the intrinsic objective goodness of the car itself. For that he has sinned.

SMYUEN is at fault for not admitting or communicating to us all that he appreciates cars in a secondhanded way - ie. from the perspective of others. Yes, he has SHOWN and DEMONSTRATED that his appreciation of cars is by mutual appreciation ONLY, by actually bringing concepts like `the prestiege of blind faith purchase' and `the supercar ethos' to the picture. The word `supercar' itself demonstrates - supercar is somebody else's word. For a person objectively appreciating a car, `supercar' has no real meaning, but for one appreciating a car from others' points of view, `supercar' is the convenient categorization of a car so well and generally appreciated that it is unquestioned. Truly, the R8 has not yet reached such a status, it still needs independent judging through test drives and magazine reviewers to make their judgment, where Ferrari Enzo and the Veyron suffer no such fate.

So, I am also guilty of trying to force my own viewpoint, much like Shaun's, but at least, I have tried to bring something to the table by explaining our personal biases.

Hey caySman,

i enjoyed reading your post and your lively comments about our characters. You are quite right, my "judgement" of the R8 was based on what I think the world "perceives" of the car and the brand. but it will not stop me from buying a car like the R8 if I like it alot.

Best example is my maserati.... i didnt really care what the world thot, but i liked it. Even tho most people ask me the inevitable - why maser? should buy 911 mah... or used aston.. or used F360..etc

Maserati is a brand with tradition, but lost many years of ground with silly cars. But I liked it for its heritage and its italian charm. Again, my perceived value is higher than someone else who may root for only a 911 for eg.

I shall not comment on other people's personalities... haah time to take a break!!

anyway nice post..

i just took 30 mins to go thru this junk of a thread.

i dun like how R8 looks...therefore i wun b keen to find out how it drives...
the best analogy is this: u go sa lau...u see many many types there...some solid some crap. but some crap ones may drive better...but u will never know cos u cant go pass the looks.

peace la...go sio hoon ki....it helps...i do that often...

hoot ah!! audi not supercar la....maser also not except the MC12. dun shoot me...

totoseow;249040 said:
i just took 30 mins to go thru this junk of a thread.

i dun like how R8 looks...therefore i wun b keen to find out how it drives...
the best analogy is this: u go sa lau...u see many many types there...some solid some crap. but some crap ones may drive better...but u will never know cos u cant go pass the looks.

hoot ah!! audi not supercar la....maser also not except the MC12. dun shoot me...

Toto you are not wrong. 100% agree with what you said. I just took a piss in the toilet with the urinal named toto and came back and saw ur reply. Thought it was karma replying so i did. :)

karma ur oily face. dun insult me online i tell u...i dun like. u got balls u come to lau pasat n tell me face to face ur toilet call toto. dun make me go into technical details on how different that toto u peed on is from me.

totoseow;249046 said:
karma ur oily face. dun insult me online i tell u...i dun like. u got balls u come to lau pasat n tell me face to face ur toilet call toto. dun make me go into technical details on how different that toto u peed on is from me.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:No pun intended but i think you are hanging out with rod too often. You are talkin glike him!!! Anyways ur real name is not Toto. Relax sua.

elmariachi;249056 said:
add me msn if u have. We talk theere.

dun hv la....i pc illiterate...cant install. stupid office firewall sibei strong...

Physicist;249081 said:
I race with you. But I dribe your MC victory and you dribe mine :lol2::lol2::lol2:

me talking bicycle race dude. :offtopic:

ok seriously time to get back to topic...R8 testing...thank you..but car dun look good for me...no no need test...

R8 only looks nice in dark colours I reckon... with a non-contrasting side-blade.

Anyway... the real proof of a supercar, is in its mettle and performance aspects.. not so much of the "brand-name". Think about it: when a car company first burst onto the scene, no matter how outrageous the styling, if it's not backed up by prodigeous handling/acceleration, it will not attract any accolades in the first place right?

Case in point - the Koenigsegg. IIRC it has no automotive history before they launch the CC ya? But look at its high standing amongst current supercar manufacturers right now.

That said, I dunno whether they allow test drives anot... but it really doesn't matter does it? Proof is in the pudding, for supercars... or cheesecakes for that matter. Making my stomach rumble...

caySman;248971 said:
And I'm not so unker really, I hope! And you CANNOT fight me in car magazines coz unker got more money of his own than you. I got like 1/8 container load, beat that (I realised when I shifted house) and unker buying car mags since before you born. Unker even got model engines, real gearboxes, model gearboxes, and a few Lego technik cars. BUT I know if nothing bad happen to you in terms of psyche, when you're my age you will win for sure.
wow..:yikess::oops::oops: how to win u if im at ur age..u will still be ahead of me by then..:screwedu:
Axl:what happen? did i say something wrong? pm me,let me learn yea? the ppl at sgcarforum is good at flaming..only 1/10 of the ppl there know what they are saying sometimes..
end ot:)

SMYUEN;249004 said:
I have taken a step back and taken a better look at the recent verbal exchanges between myself and shaun.

I am inclined to write this post because I feel the need to share my perspective. As a reader, you can chose to ignore or disagree. I wrote this post yesterday but I decided not to post it, telling myself to do so only if Shaun continue to manifest his sarcastic, word-twisting and vindictive mannerism. I told myself if Shaun keeps his lid, I will keep mine. But destiny would have it that he would create another whimsical post that ended with him telling me to “rinse my mouth”. (which I have done before posting this)

And indeed, he fell for the ploy. By using his own medicine back at him, he couldn’t withstand the opportunity for another salvo. It was too glorious an opening for him. And so here it goes.

I have begun to understand the unusual behaviour of someone like you, Shaun. Someone like you who uses the internet as a faceless medium to gratify yourself.

Someone who goes around forums inciting wrath, angst and hatred by intentional use of provocative remarks, under the clout of apparent delivery of technical knowledge, reflects an unsound mind.

No normal person would enjoy being banned from forums (especially if he loves cars) and no one would certainly enjoy making enemies from a recreational activity like surfing the internet.

I have noticed an underlying theme behind your strategically constructed replies – you use good English with carefully chosen words to systematically and painstakingly manipulate the emotive, psychological and social attributes of a person (s). You are a master of the art of delivering the jugular blow – at the right place, at the right time – to elicit the kind of fury and pique from your victim that you originally intended.

You are not stupid, as can be observed by your clever use of words as well as your sound knowledge of technical expertise in the field of automobiles. You are not happy enough to be recognised as a reliable source of independently verifiable information; you choose to colour your remarks with arrogance, with the sterling purpose of igniting an oil fire. You often succeed – as can be seen by the responses from other forums, including you being banned from some of them. You perhaps then obtain your egoistic satisfaction. You search the world for car forums to showcase your talents, but you do so in a misplaced and strange manner. If your intention is to educate, then I think the delivery has been a tragedy. Your language and choice of words are offensive to put it bluntly. Despite the fact that you have been advised on your flaws, you chose not to mend your approach. Something I cannot phathom.

With all these observations in mind, I am inclined to comment that you are almost harbouring on the brink of a psychosocial disorder. Your behaviour is certainly not normal, and I urge you to take stock of your own mental health and seek medical advice should the need arise. You have an intelligent and capable mind that has worrying synapses which stimulate you to embark on verbal exchanges beyond the ordinary – with the intention to emotionally maim and critically insult. Your world revolves around the computer – it is your means of communication, but you are not communicating in ways becoming of someone of your age and intellect. Your comments are somewhat perverse, and your definition of happiness is warped. You choose your victims carefully, and proceed to devour them at the slightest opportunity, using bystanders as leverage and under the clout of speaking up for (your) truths and beliefs, or on the pretext of standing up for someone else. You do not withdraw once you are on the offensive, you prepare for the kill. To silence. To torture beyond reprieve. You are almost like Hannibal, but the intellectual version.

I feel sorry for you. Sorry for your lack of insight into your own inadequacies, and I wonder if you have had setbacks in life or in childhood that might have triggered this irretrievable road to self destruction. As someone older than you, I take it unkindly on myself in engaging you in an unnecessary verbal tirade, force-feeding your fuel hungry mind with the kind of angry responses that you so desire and crave for, especially those responses that provide you immense gratification.

This forum, in my opinion, has been kind to you. You have good friends that stand by you, perhaps seeing you on the other side of the fence and appreciating your real nature (which I understand is not that bad at all). Unfortunately, words on the internet often carry misrepresented emotion and accusations, reactions and tempers can run wild. Some of your remarks today, especially when unprovoked, would almost certainly warrant an instant banning (or at least a warning) from other forums, who will obviously not view you so graciously. No forum will tolerate trouble makers of any sort, and your track records in other forums speak for itself. Do count your blessings on the liberty bestowed upon you, albeit unceremoniously, which allows you relative free play in your personal cyberspace portal in bmw-sg.

What started as my personal (biased or not biased is besides the point) take on the Audi R8 and the test drive issues has surged to become a war of words. Despite me repeatedly stating my point (which everyone is entitled to disagree of course), you have chosen to ignore my pleas for sanity and for objectivity, and continue to draw delight with posts oblivious to any form of objective clarification that I wanted to make.

I never said the R8 was a lousy car.. In fact I liked the look when I first saw it, but I didn’t like the fact that it had some semblance to the TT (again my own opinion) nor that strange patch of discoloured metal on its sides. For that, I am taken to the guillotine. By you. I compared the presence of test drives to reputability and tradition of true blue exotics, and I did not once said the R8 was incapable of challenging for top honours. I merely meant I felt it needed time to prove its mettle, despite what car journalists say around the world. And the fact that test drives are being allowed is an indication of the company’s appreciation that “hey we have got a great car here, and we need to let people know’.

I think you need help.

And you need help soon.

Especially when I have been told the best method to dis-engage you is to ignore your posts.

Which is what I will do.

Remember the world will move on with or without you. And the world certainly, does not revolve around your heroic internet fantasies.

Take care.

SM

Wowee.. that's a lot of analysis! How much do I owe you doc? So much drama to do with nothing. I think you would fit in great as a contestant on The Price Is Right. I like your disguised comeback after display of lack of self-control.

But seriously.... your assumptions continue. You are unable to accept you are no authority on Life and on The Real World. You are unable to answer the straight questions on some clearly arrogant statements you have made. You are also unable to keep your language clean. These errors sit on top of your already clear ignorance on Audi and Auto Union.

Unable to deal with it, you generate this awesome essay of a psycho analysis (I didn't know you were a shrink too!), which has nothing to do with discussing logic or the R8, or is a continuation of any of the discussion here, instead jumping straight to a personal attack. So, it is quite clear the one with the problems, is you. Realize I came to this thread with zero technical contribution until questions were asked. This thread was a non technical thread when I joined, bringing no tech, so don't even try to suggest this was about tech-cloak and other figment-of-the-imagination fluff.

You do not know me, so you do not know that my technical interests come after my interest in ethics, logic, and accountability. I live my life this way and I try very hard every day to not compromise any of them. The arguments leading to banning or me closing my own forum (6 years ago or so) have been because of this. I used to concern myself with arguments on morality but have backed off in recent years because there is too much of it to deal with and it is quite subjective. The collective can be united in error, lack the ability or desire to talk straight because of the risk of being wrong and having to admit it (this thing about "face" quite ridiculous) and verbally abuse, swindle, physically threaten, psycho analyze, while ignoring logic. If they cannot deal with their illogic and hypocrisy being pointed out, and want you out of there, then so be it. Better to keep your values and beliefs uncompromised than sit around and stuff your face alongside wolves. Of course I don't let go. I don't because I have nothing to gain politically and I believe in standing up for what you believe, being accountable for what you've said. Retracting it, or apologizing for it, if wrong. It's happened before.

It's funny you suggest I would be banned here when you have broken actual forum rule with your name calling, bad language, and personal attack in the form of a highly subjective extremely negative, psycho analysis.

What you see and hear on these local forums is but part of the picture. The strange thing is that on any overseas forum, things always go the other way because of the more open, independent minds. There are at least 4 good ones I currently post on. Across these I have been nominated forum leader without even trying, been on the most valuable poster list, gotten idiots banned, made friends and attended industry conventions and races together, worked on projects with, gotten great out of print books for free from halfway round the world, continue to discuss things with people and professionals who are plain world class, etc. And yet my best friends are not even remotely involved in these areas or even scientific areas at all.

You criticize delivery, but I assure you I am one of the softest delivery guys when it comes to tech. On logic and accountability delivery could be softer but I prefer not to go that way because it serves as a good filter. For example, now I have an excellent idea on how you truly view yourself (as god - teacher of Life, all knowing of the real world, accountable to none) and as such, can move on and continue to look for, and possibly find, other people - good people.
It is ok that you claim you think I have problems as part of the ink cloud behind which you disappear (on this issue). There have been 4 people (all from SG, middle aged, mostly fat, all going nowhere. You are the glowing exception.. which worries me because you might be right!) over the last 8 years that have done the same and I've proved every one of them wrong. The best part is that what's been, is only the beginning - nothing compared to what is to come. It's strange that all the garbage and accusations you post about me is before your time even on the old BMW forums, way before then. It is the same old regurgitated rot from the same old losers who congregate and whisper in the shadows - unable to step out and discuss anything on the straight and level. The same people who claim a certain stock ~2L NA full weight car on street tires can clock 1:52 at PG, but who have never shown up to a transponded event in their life. The same people who would cheat a programmer and my friend, out of 2000 dollars, not because they need it but because they can. The same people who lie about the automotive products they sell. Blurt thoughtless rubbish and then have the cheek to stick to it as truth when asked about it. People just can't deal with hard truth and so have to put it out of the way. Let's put truth and accountability out of the way, then sit around, eat, and be happy in all our confident lies and illogic.

This internet freak thing is a crock too. Making a sustained coherent point in an email or on a forum does not make you internet-only. That's faulty logic. In fact, forums provide the ideal structure for working out ideas or sharing knowledge, with records in chronological order, quotes, etc. If that were the case I wouldn't be where I am now, or going where I'm going - all of which involves dealing with a team of people often under less than ideal conditions, under time constraints, for long hours everyday, for weeks or months straight, with lots of travel. It's quite non-internet based lol

It is all too easy to be a crafty clown, bring up pasts you are supposedly familiar with, list advice that has been offered to you by well meaning people that have been scarred by my vicious attacks in the past blah blah. I could do the same to you right now, but it's useless. You claim X, I claim Y, but all anyone has to go by is what is on this thread, and what is on record on other threads. Cowards consistently choose not to deal with what is present, but only make up colourful stories (told their way too) about what supposedly happened, or what someone supposedly said. Case in point is this thread where you say I am vicious, but you are the one analyzing the entire person, a supposed past, and predicting a doomed future, etc. All I've pointed out is how you can't possibly define The Real World, or Life, and how you conveniently forget your un-thought-through words when it is on record. Your claims cannot be proven. Mine can be proven in concept (it has remain uncontested till now for some reason), and is also on record, unless of course you go back and edit your stuff which will show in timestamp.
Anyway, see you around and I love you too :wavey:

BTW, I cannot fathom how in all your years of life so far, and having learnt the word 'pompous' at the tender age of 5, you have yet to get some simple spelling straight.

Your attempt at disengaging is fake. You understand the meaning of disengaging, but before you do, you have to put your arrogant self first and post your great psycho analysis, and then "leave". This is not disengaging. I, on the other hand, have never claimed a great purpose and then done the opposite when it comes to these OT arguments. It's part of being an honest person SM. I'll go on within the rules as long as you keep putting in your part - whether directly to me, or in third party chatter. Come come.. I'm glad it's the off season now.

=====

Cays, I'm not telling anyone to fall in line and love a car. The illogical and thoughtless words for the R8 mean little to me relative to what was revealed after the early stages of discussion is more important. I'm telling them to be accountable for their words, and not even think that they can decide what the real world is and who operates inside or outside of it, teach Life lessons because of a simple disagreement. I have explicitly mentioned this in earlier posts on this thread. You, and doc, must have passed over those statements if you really believe I am more concerned with what's been said about an R8, or for that matter... any street car.

Your analysis of me is also off somewhat. I don't depend on anyone I utterly hate. There are always ways to move on, to move beyond, those you utterly hate, to join with those you respect and admire. I don't hold back on anything consequential, not even at work. The politicing thing is for the weak who have no belief in themselves, no standards, no strength of mind, no focus. In general, often people think some of their own situation applies to others, and then too quickly project it onto others with their assumptions. I believe a better way is to deal with what has explicitly been said - the points made. This is something severely lacking in SG culture (Asian thing?) . Seems it is impossible to believe that a person believes exactly what he posts. Also this meandering peeling-of-the-onion rubbish going on to figure out what each person means is a waste of time. If people give any thought to what they say, and really believe it, then follow through and be accountable for it. This isn't kindergarten play hour.

You know how subjective things get when it comes to psycho analysis. Let's not waste time with that...at least not while the straight points haven't been (or cannot be :lol2:) addressed.

Anytime a person can sit back and say "ok A is [analysis], B is [analysis], etc." he is immediately taking a lofty position. Anyone can do that. People may think or be quite sure they are the authority, but with millions like you, there is no point even mentioning it or acting like it because to every one of those subjective feelings and expressions, there is another equally subjective one to counter it. I could come back with some analysis of everyone on this thread, but it's only further time wasting beyond the existing trash heap.

It is better to deal with the straight explicit points (of which in plain English there are only so few ways of interpreting them) and go from there, else all leads nowhere. This sit on the fence, everyone is wrong, everyone is right, stuff is useless. Politics best saved for where it matters.

You should be glad the doc has conducted a mini analysis on you earlier on in this thread. Your xmas bell hypersensitivy can be cured with early detection and proper treatment. Me, I'm a goner. With all my ailments I am lost for sure. So treasure what you have, your happy life, your good childhood.. and when my mind has finally left completely, continue to live strong, live proud, live well. Live for me. *weep*

axl said:
Anyway... the real proof of a supercar, is in its mettle and performance aspects.. not so much of the "brand-name". Think about it: when a car company first burst onto the scene, no matter how outrageous the styling, if it's not backed up by prodigeous handling/acceleration, it will not attract any accolades in the first place right?
Agree. I was wondering if one could label the Boxster, the Cayenne, or even the Cayman with supercars status - they are Porsches, but are they reckoned as supercars?

The SLR is a Merc or a McLaren? It is a super car. No qualms.

Can you use specs to detemine a supercar? Say sub-4 seconds? Nope. Lots of Ferraris were supercars in their own era, not necessarily faster than the new M3. But they WERE supercars. It is only but one criteria. And it changed with times. Put a COE F355 and it might be slower than the E92 M3 - but dare anyone say it was not a supercar back then? By this criteria, cars like Bugatti Veyron, Saleen S7 are supercars for the technical feat, not because of heritage. But even using technical specs can be a paradoxical exercise.

Can you use the exotic nature to categorise them? Tough as well. Zonda is rare. But it has technical merits as well. And you wouldn't dare say it is a supercar not because of it technical feats. Again, it was only another dimension.

So it seemed, there must be a huge grey area in determining the supercar status...... especially if the heritage is not as "pedigree" as the obvious blue-chip names. Are M3, M5, M6 supercars? Less clear? What about the Skyline GTR? A supercar slayer must be a supercar right? A souped-up Evo that can clocked 4 seconds? An S15? Where do we draw the line? Naturally the R8 can be a contention too.

Blame the freakin' technological breakthroughs that narrowed the gap in performances between the super-supercars and the not-so-supercars. It happens in the watch industries too. Richard Mille, not of any main watch-making pedigree as Patek, AP, VC, Lange or Breguet, is now touted and priced like a "super-watch." Same phenomenom, but this is another topic altogether.

The band of grey just gets wider and wider.......

Chill guys.

nicholastan91;249162 said:
Axl:what happen? did i say something wrong? pm me,let me learn yea? the ppl at sgcarforum is good at flaming..only 1/10 of the ppl there know what they are saying sometimes..
end ot:)

Nic, are you sure they're only good at flaming? Or do you subconsciously choose what you see and read?:confused:

Have there not been pp there who have commented that your posts seem to have a smart-alecky feel and sound somewhat condescending?

Originally Posted by nicholastan91
btw..theres no C2S transplant engine for the Cayman..hahaha think he was just guessing..(like the "see if im right" game):yummie:

From your above post you are verbalizing that:

1) you know for a fact that there's no 3.8 kit for the Cayman
2) "hahaha" Caysman's son was wrong and just plain guessing

Well, turns out you are wrong on BOTH counts above. And sad to say, there are numerous egs of similar like-worded posts in sgcarforums by you.

Look, I realise you're just a sec sch kid and I may sound overly harsh and all... but it's never too early to start learning about what Humility means. One day you will realise, there's no point name-dropping (eg. "oh... that F430 I know which house it's at; owner's looking to get a Tubi next!") and shooting your mouth off, or being egoistic about the depth of car-knowlege you have (which like Caysman, I admire.. for you know at least 100x more than me when I was your age)*.. if you don't earn the Respect of your peers.

There is much more to life than cars. When people seems to pick on you a lot of the time... reflect on your own actions first before rebutting blindly. More often than not, the root of the cause of your altercations is.. YOU.

* Unless it gets you off... somehow. :)

so the boy is Cayman's son ? i tot that boy was a stranger to him..
thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeconexcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back