BMW 320i vs Mercedes C180 (1.6)

XCLR8

How does these 2 cars compare and what are the strengths and weakness of each? Heard that Mercedes is a better and more complete car than BMW. Comments?

Re: BMW 320i vs Mercedes C180 (1.6)

HI XCLR8,

BMW any time....

BMW = Sheer Driving Pleasure....

i think it will be better for you to test drive both car to experience it yourself....but BMW is definitely in the handling department..........

cheers

I meant BMW is good in the handling area....

I dont think u can get the correct answer here as here is BMW forum..

I didn't nor have a chance to drive the Merc C180(btw, the C180 is not 1.6l, it is using a 1.8l engine)..

C180 Specs
Displacement : 1.8l engine
0-100 timing : 9.7 secs
Power : 156bhp
Torque : 230Nm
Top Speed : 220km/h
Transmission : 5spd Auto
Kerb Weight : 1,550kg

320i
Displacement : 2.0l engine
0-100 timing : 9.8 secs
Power : 150bhp
Torque : 200Nm
Top Speed : 215Km/h
Transmission : 6spd Auto
Kerb Weight : 1,465kg

In terms of spec.. I think that the MB C180 edges out.. a 1.8l engine outputting more power and torque... So I think the C180 wins...

In terms of interior, I driven the 320i.. the interior isn't really that great compared to a Fiat Bravo.. I find that the finishing for the BMW isn't that great or nice...

LOL..

Personally I am also considering between the C180 and BMW 320i...

hehehehe....

then again... it is totally true that this is a BMW forum.. thus.. heheheheh

go with your heart man.............

happy searching......

cheers

the new C180 indeed is a 1.6litre engine with bhp figures as the previous C180 1.8litre, the C200 is a 1.8litre engine

apart from drive & handling, running cost is pretty different too 1.6 litre roadtax vs a 2 litre roadtax. Standard Oil Servicing at PML would be cheaper than C&C.

the 3 series is in its facelift model, so if history repeats itself ... there maybe a new replacement model in 3 years time. The C class is relatively new, maybe about 1+ years old in design so if you intend to drive it longer this might be a consideration for your resale value... although resale value in today's market is terrible....

whatever your priorities are, just weigh in the various points and make your decision. both are good cars and both cars are desirable

when i bought my 3 series, the C class was the outgoing model - it had specs and was selling cheaper ... but I didn't want to hold on to a rock as it was sinking I went with the 3 series ...of course i loved the handling and the drive of the 3 series vs the C class first, resale consideration was my next priority then running cost...

to me, the E9x isnt very expensive to run ... PML charges like around $280 for Oil Service 6.5 litres + Oil Filter + Labour (don't quote me, go ask around) ... I hear people being charge more for their Toyotas by the agent. I believe C&C charges more for Oil change.

Whatever your choice is, you need to be happy with the purchase! So I'll agree with ac323's "go with your heart man...."

C180 win.
newer model, better interior, nice tachcometer, elegant styling, no error code upgrade to Xenon, supercharge, more hoursepower. cheap roadtax. center display for ladio

320i loser
old model, simple interior, simple tachcometer, boring styling, error everywhere din din dong dong when u mod electrical, no supercharge/turbo, less housepower, expensive roadtax. cheapo pro ladio

BOOMZ

+1 boomz ....

acupunch;482223 said:
320i loser
old model, simple interior, simple tachcometer, boring styling, error everywhere din din dong dong when u mod electrical, no supercharge/turbo, less housepower, expensive roadtax. cheapo pro ladio

BOOMZ

The C180 was 1.8l, before they came out with the latest C180BE 1.6l couple of months back, which stands for Blue Efficiency. The 1.6l has the same power and torque as the 1.8l, except that you'll need to rev at higher rpm to achieve the same torque. I have the 1.8l one.

As mentioned in the other posts, the C is a newer model (2007) compared to the 3 (2005, FL in end 2008 ) . Interior wise, the C is also more well equipped, even the base model has Bluetooth!

Handling wise, I still prefer BMW. The steering of the C is really too light imho.

Best is to see and test drive both cars yourself.

Good luck!

the C looks like a glorified toyota from the rear end

ok this is bimmer forum but lets me impartial....

Frankly, the above comments are all true. The only thing the bimmer wins is the handling. power dept, ease of drive, equipment level and did i mention build quality? the merc wins hands down.

only disadvantages of the merc are higher running operating costs and limitations when it comes to discounts on the car price.

new 3 series is out in 2 yrs or less. if can tahan wait for it.

320 vs C180. both are 10 second cars, and really you're just paying for the brand marque. i don't think there'll be much driving pleasure - it's definitely not 'ultimate' - some jap cars are more fun for less.

BUT

imho, if you are looking for a reliable and relatively affordable platform to mod your ride to suit your personality, and if one only had to choose between the two, i would go for the 320.

for power, handling and value for money. get HONDA CIVIC Type R.

Slater;482342 said:
...new 3 series is out in 2 yrs or less. if can tahan wait for it.
not everyone like me can tong so long one. for some 2yrs is just time to change to another car.

I think Mercs still has the Ah Pek image. That's why I stick to BMW. 'cause I'm still young. The rest of the factors, as what others have already said. Especially the interior part, BMW no fight.

acupunch;482394 said:
not everyone like me can tong so long one. for some 2yrs is just time to change to another car.
haha true. i itchy liao

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back