CAD arrests 5 City Harvest Church members

Re: CAD arrests 5 City Harvest Church members

[/FONT]
.Stanford Prisoner Experiment
. Philip Zimbardo's Stanford prisoner experiment took place in the 1970s. The psychiatrist took 24 undergraduates and assigned them roles as either prisoners or guards, in a mock prison on campus. After just a few days, 1/3 of the guards exhibited sadistic tendencies, two prisoners had to be removed early due to emotional trauma, and the whole experiment only lasted six of the planned 14 days. It showed just how easily normal individuals can become abusive, in situations where it is encouraged.
Source: Stanford University

i think they made this into a movie with slight variations, quiet disturbing tho but
very real in terms of illustrating the darker side of human

1 "prisoner" even got sodomised by a "guard"

pengful;843230 said:
Why are all these CHC goers so hardcore huh? Why are they not able to see the diff between right and wrong? What is the diff between them and the cult?

Maybe they are worry everything will be gone if the leaders go jail.
no more 30%, 60% 100%. As long as St. Kong Hee is around ,
his sentosa cove still worth 40M! haha...of course i am just joking

Just talked to a chc member,

He say those who donated money never make nose, ppl who never donate kpkb

He incurable Liao

hitmee;843880 said:
Just talked to a chc member,

He say those who donated money never make nose, ppl who never donate kpkb

He incurable Liao

He's got a point though.... But, obviously some one who donated money was a bit buay song, hence the complaint....

He said the number who complained are insignificant wor..........

From the Facebook pages of many CHC members, the church did make known that the donations/tithes for the Crossover Project could be used for the music ministry and that Sun will be used as a vessel to evangelise the church.

The church has also clarifed that the "MPA was purely a private fund and the donors knew they were contributing to the Crossover Project and to supporting Pastor Kong and Sun. In fact the MPA was set up by donors who specifically wanted to contribute to the Crossover Project as we the members of the Church support this as part of our missions work."

TOC News » TOC Breaking: City Harvest Executive Member alleges COC Defamation

Now, topic of discussion of religion aside, assuming none of us are from CHC, how do we know the truth at this point? How do we know that the donors do not know where the money was going?

What if they do, and they agreed that Sun should be used as a vehicle to evangelise and reach out to more people?

Just playing the devil's advocate here, since many assume what is reported is essentially what is happening inside the subset.

...like dat huh..or sit on fence best la....

...like RenCi monk ley..not possible la...or SCDF....no la....LTA contracts....gahmen ley...not possible la....etc etc etc....

...still humans . Humans make mistakes.

...guess point of general public is....rectifications .....learn....move on. That's all.

You replyin to me, Chocs?

kenntona;843895 said:
From the Facebook pages of many CHC members, the church did make known that the donations/tithes for the Crossover Project could be used for the music ministry and that Sun will be used as a vessel to evangelise the church.

The church has also clarifed that the "MPA was purely a private fund and the donors knew they were contributing to the Crossover Project and to supporting Pastor Kong and Sun. In fact the MPA was set up by donors who specifically wanted to contribute to the Crossover Project as we the members of the Church support this as part of our missions work."

Now, topic of discussion of religion aside, assuming none of us are from CHC, how do we know the truth at this point? How do we know that the donors do not know where the money was going?

What if they do, and they agreed that Sun should be used as a vehicle to evangelise and reach
out to more people?

Just playing the devil's advocate here, since many assume what is reported is essentially what is happening inside the subset.

I only believe CADs actions... After 2 years of investigations....there must be a certain degree of truths in the allegations for them to press charges ... Members of CHC or members of the public can defend CHC all they want .. If anyone think the media is defaming them they can go ahead n press charges on them loh like what durai did...

Actions speaks louder than words ..and right now ... CAD is the doing all the action.. The rest of the people only talk nia... talk is cheap.

toiletsiao said:
I only believe CADs actions... After 2 years of investigations....there must be a certain degree of truths in the allegations for them to press charges ... Members of CHC or members of the public can defend CHC all they want .. If anyone think the media is defaming them they can go ahead n press charges on them loh like what durai did...

Actions speaks louder than words ..and right now ... CAD is the doing all the action.. The rest of the people only talk nia... talk is cheap.

Yep, agree, no smoke without fire, but still, even if we ignore the spirit of "innocent until proven guilty" should we not ask - who is talking without having the primary knowledge?

kenntona;843895 said:

What if they do, and they agreed that Sun should be used as a vehicle to evangelise and reach out to more people?

Please correct me if i m wrong if this was not charity with tax deductable organisation, I dont think would be scrutinised by the taxman. So Since they choose to be a charity to enable their donors to benefit they have to fullfill some guidelines.

Otherwise who gives a damn if ppl in private org donate money to a make a donkey into a horse.

Btw why are they a charitable organisation bc charity is about giving without expecting anything in return, i m sure they focus is to spread thier msg.

Praise the Lord! Hallelujah.....Wait a second...I need to check how much money I have to prove my faith......

Appraise the lot!

Sometimes... I wonder why we have to work hard....

cwoon;843959 said:
Sun Ho (Ho Yeow Sun) At 46th Grammy Awards - YouTube

:juggle:

I dun see her giving thanks to CHC

and she said "I'm now singing pop ........"

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

ya, never even mention CHC!
pui!

oh ya, regarding the 28000/month villa rental in beverly hills,
members claim is cheap coz is a home + dance studio + office!

they can really twist the facts. reminds me of someone in this forum,
no name mentioned

cwoon;843927 said:
Ps Kong Hee Preaches - YouTube

Just cant agree to wat he say ......... so those poor ones praises inferior to those rich one who can donate more?

Rubbish

:hmmidont:

Absolutely rubbish. What he is saying is please give all your money to prove your tribute and the value determine the extent of your tribute. KNNB......
But still so many naive brains fall for that. It is so obvious that this clown is asking for money.

Absolutely rubbish!!

diablo_728 said:
Please correct me if i m wrong if this was not charity with tax deductable organisation, I dont think would be scrutinised by the taxman. So Since they choose to be a charity to enable their donors to benefit they have to fullfill some guidelines.

Otherwise who gives a damn if ppl in private org donate money to a make a donkey into a horse.

Btw why are they a charitable organisation bc charity is about giving without expecting anything in return, i m sure they focus is to spread thier msg.

Agree. And surely, the case will reveal whether:

~ indeed the whole management (those as charged) is fraudulent or

~ there are some accounting irregularities, not tantamounting to fraud, but lack of disclosure

Again, it boils down to individual choices to blacklabel the management before trial or to cast judgement as more details unfold.

Just to clarify, I am not from CHC, never been.

But I read with interests how few groups of people behave:

(1) general public on a witch hunt on the way the church has been evangelising, and the way the church has been soliciting fundings. Atheists, sceptics, critics and all. Different objectives, same outcome. A field day for them. I cannot tell who is the mob and who is really fighting a cause.

(2) general public sitting on the fence. Neutral, waiitng for the debacle to unfold. I belong to this group.

(3) christians from other churches sitting on the fence. Relevance in knowing how CHC works. Stay diplomatic as many characteristics of CHC is prevalent in other churches.

(4) christians from CHC sitting on the fence. Took one step back and question their faith. Understand that men can sin too.

and

(5) christians from CHC siding the charged. No qualm about blind faith, no regression of facts as well. Take whatever from the church as the gospel truth. Do not understand that the church is a mere vessel.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacai188betmov

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back