Changes to COE: Government includes car engine power to categorisation

Re: Changes to COE: Government includes car engine power to categorisation

You know what? We are already the laughing stork. This is called practice makes perfect. They just took it a notch higher in the stupid department.

KICKING CAN DOWN THE ROAD. That is why policy-makers in Sg are doing. Sad fact. You can be a president's scholars, go to Harvard school of policy or LKY school of policy or 5-star general etc etc... the result is the same. You can't flip out the real motive of a cash cow because afterall, it is a CASH COW! Adding bells and whistles, do not make a policy better or enrich people's lives. Making policies simple, transparent and value-added however can do wonders.

Mistake #1 They released too many COEs for one decade becos of wrong model used. End up jam everywhere.

Mistake #2 In order to correct #1, they cut car population growth but forgot that we want population growth to 6.9M. My dog also know COE prices will shoot thru the roof.

Mistake #3 In order to correct #2, they re-categorize COE to help the not so well to do but need car group...and of all things use engine power.

While spending their time making mistakes after mistakes and spending resources catching illegal number plates etc, traffic lights remain totally out of sync and plans for new roads remains on the drawing board.

Changes to COE: Government includes car engine power to categorisation

Plus potholes and lousy roads. 2 cents.

Such a small country somemore!!

hoks;1034611 said:
Mistake #1 They released too many COEs for one decade becos of wrong model used. End up jam everywhere.

Mistake #2 In order to correct #1, they cut car population growth but forgot that we want population growth to 6.9M. My dog also know COE prices will shoot thru the roof.

Mistake #3 In order to correct #2, they re-categorize COE to help the not so well to do but need car group...and of all things use engine power.

While spending their time making mistakes after mistakes and spending resources catching illegal number plates etc, traffic lights remain totally out of sync and plans for new roads remains on the drawing board.

Not forgetting the 2nd world road condition nowadays, uneven roads or roads with potholes...sart!!!!

C3P0;1034617 said:
Not forgetting the 2nd world road condition nowadays, uneven roads or roads with potholes...sart!!!!

Hi you repost. Please self ban.

seanskye;1034612 said:

in 2016, I am going to rectify all their mistakes.
KNN, bmw 316 also cannot afford liao.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoks;1034611 said:

These are NOT mistakes. You think you can do better? Join in & make a change. Otherwise, you're just another internet superhero ala keyboard warrior.

There, I said it again, for the 60.1.

PAP, please thank me.

You know, when it hurts, it means it working.....

MW;1034627 said:
You know, when it hurts, it means it working.....

An ingrown toenail hurts like fcuk, so do haemorrhoids, as does taking it up where the sun don't shine. Not sure how that means it's working... :lol2:

Darth Vader;1034622 said:
in 2016, I am going to rectify all their mistakes.

To quote the corsair pirates in LOTR:ROTK - "you and what army?"

Actually, having said all that, I agree with the government that we should NOT have too many cars on the roads, and it's NOT the government's job to help every Singaporean own a car.

It's just the method that these supposedly high-flying, smarty-pants scholars came up with that I've serious issues.

I mean, FFS, penalizing a car because it's more engine efficient, fuel frugal and can deliver a better bang for our hard earned buck? What next? Force the children of ministers to ONLY enrol in neighbourhood schools, because they are born into a family of power and prestige and privilege?

That's how ridiculous it seems, to the unlearned, lay person of a farmer boy here.

+1 on the lousy roads ..... Anyone find certain roads surfaces makes the road noise roar like crazy these days ?

seanskye;1034612 said:

Who started the concept of COEs back in the 1990s? Can claw back the ministar's bonus?

claw back his backside

Mockngbrd;1034715 said:
claw back his backside

Cannot. Because this may be negatively seen as "you scratch my back(side) and I scratch yours". In the end, whole gang end up scratching each other like a troop of flea-infested monkeys.

DrK;1034707 said:
Who started the concept of COEs back in the 1990s? Can claw back the ministar's bonus?
He is back or still here plus continue to smile all e way to the bank.

View attachment 55006

Red_Bean_Bun;1034694 said:
+1 on the lousy roads ..... Anyone find certain roads surfaces makes the road noise roar like crazy these days ?

ecp behind MBS towards AYE got one part of the road create 3 different tone of noise.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back