COE quota issue

Re: COE quota issue

ktnpl;526726 said:
With stock market looking for a bull run, COE will escalate further, probably $50,000 by the time F10 is launched?
think its quite possible. good for those who locked in COE for their cars liao.

PML still holding prices firm. interest rate also at 2.18% still!

great. let coe cheong to $50k and i'll wait for the next coe crash < $5K to change ride

Slater;526740 said:
think its quite possible. good for those who locked in COE for their cars liao.

PML still holding prices firm. interest rate also at 2.18% still!

Last edited by a moderator:

All I know is I am waiting for the next election, to send my 'greetings' to Mr Malboro Tan. He is one smart a$$ but I think he should have worked at Themarket Holdings and not LTA.

cannot earn outsiders' money, so earn from inside lor.

outside ppl set the rules,
inside play by their rules.

play outside ? they are many aligators outside. die already also don't know what happen
play inside ... profit low, can say we are doing a national service. profit high, that's justifiable. stock market up, economy up, naturally property must also go up.

wt_know;526749 said:
great. let coe cheong to $50k and i'll wait for the next coe crash < $5K to change ride

Easy to say than done. If COE crash also means economy is down the drain so does ppl in general dare to change new car to commit themselves further with a big liability at that kind of situation? Is the chicken and egg thingy, COE is low due to lack of confidence for the economy.

Anyone feel that one week after the announcement used car sellers are pricing in potential future increase in car price already?

Right after the day of announcement, second hand dealers have ALREADY raised prices for their more popular makes like toyotas, hondas etc by $2K. It will progressively go up more in the next few weeks

as usual, dealers revise price faster than rocket launch sequence (no countdown from 10)

hoks;527205 said:
Anyone feel that one week after the announcement used car sellers are pricing in potential future increase in car price already?
yes. the fear is there for consumers given the recent trend of COE's rising. trying to cash in on that.

something needs to be done as far as traffic goes so i guess this reduced quote would work...
this country has become quite congested on number of cars per km radius IMO....
i had said before , first thing blame on govt for liberalizing car finanching scheme some years ago..too easy and "affordable" to get cars as a result of that and we all know sporeans love to leverage....
why would they even think bout car ownership as some kind of target ratio per X number of households....what was that for?
targetting homeownership makes perfect sense but not cars....

and now what, they are widening roads everywhere....
so when all done, whats next? ....

After that, more tunnels and multi-tiered expressway and ERP when your car leave your house or carpark.

Holland is already implementing nationwide ERP system tied in with GPS. I guess LTA officials are already there to study???

All these years LTA "assume" they hv everything under control.

They "assume" ERP works.
They "assume" COE works.
They "assume" with these 2 trump cards, they can take their own sweet time to build more roads/flyovers/tunnels and at the same time brain wash us that we are a small island and we cannot (or its too expensive to) build anymore of these.

Classic example, PIE joining CTE at Bradell area, how many years we been screaming before they start work on it?

COE and ERP it works well for them..........reasons I shant mention.

look at them, can even solve traffic woes and yet every month more than 100k goes into their pocket

look at them, cant even solve traffic woes and yet every month more than 100k goes into their pocket

just ban the taxis from the overtaking lanes and suddenly average speed increases by 30kmh and there'll be no need for erps, government saves $100b on road widening and coe can disappear and everybody can buy a car cheap. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacaivn88net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back