Coming 5 years old E60

Re: Coming 5 years old E60

Emperor83;959578 said:
hi how much does it cost to repair gear box / replace valve body?

Jason8822;959586 said:
2-3k inc new atf and filter

Price have certainly dropped significantly in the recent years. When I first encountered the unstable gear shift problem 5 years ago, no workshop had the confidence to pin point what exactly the problem was. Eventually, I decided to leave my car in the workshop for a month for detailed troubleshooting. I paid almost 10K for gear box refurbishment and a new valve body.

Emperor83;959698 said:
does it include valve body change? Cos my E60 525i has problem to accelerate already

that price is mainly for valve body change
better to let workshop have a check because accelerating problem may not be gearbox

For me looks like I need to change the control arms. Already changed front lower arms. Guess now front upper as well as both upper and lower rear arms have to be changed.

Until then no more strawberry drive.

Could this be time to join the F10 crowd before more changes needed?

Control arm this kind of thing small case - not that expensive and car still can drive , although there is still down time

SpoiltBrat;959922 said:
For me looks like I need to change the control arms. Already changed front lower arms. Guess now front upper as well as both upper and lower rear arms have to be changed.

When you change both front and rear wishbones also check on linkage stabliser.

unfit;960032 said:
When you change both front and rear wishbones also check on linkage stabliser.

will do. sending to BVO for an eval tomorrow. cos' another vendor did not respond even after sending down for eval.

cheers

SpoiltBrat;960198 said:
will do. sending to BVO for an eval tomorrow. cos' another vendor did not respond even after sending down for eval.

cheers

We got to take good care of our car from now

New ones are beyond reach liao

unfit;960201 said:
We got to take good care of our car from now

New ones are beyond reach liao

Not really la, those with relatively new and fully paid car can trade in to pay for the 50% downpayment.

Jason8822;960292 said:
Not really la, those with relatively new and fully paid car can trade in to pay for the 50% downpayment.

When it is "relatively new", then the likelyhood of "fully paid" is also low.

MapleLeaf;960314 said:
When it is "relatively new", then the likelyhood of "fully paid" is also low.

Agree:thinking::thinking:

Thinking of trading in my 5.5yrs old E60 523 for a 2-3yrs old F10. Think its worth it?

My E60 maintained quite well. Replaced a couple of things recently.....

Donkey Kong;963137 said:
Thinking of trading in my 5.5yrs old E60 523 for a 2-3yrs old F10. Think its worth it?

Must put 50% down plus loan max 60 mths...work your sums before you commit bro

Unless Gov change loan ruling for used car...wait first IMHO lor...

My ride recently has been unable to stop smoothly. There's always a jerk to stop, is this due to front control arm thingy

naan1974;966877 said:
My ride recently has been unable to stop smoothly. There's always a jerk to stop, is this due to front control arm thingy
If it is because control arm, u have safety issue lah. Control arm steady 1. Control arm is the 1 that is not steady & got noise when worn out.

It is likely due to uneven rotor. Go round your rotor & when check whether got flat spot or not.

davidtch;966933 said:
If it is because control arm, u have safety issue lah. Control arm steady 1. Control arm is the 1 that is not steady & got noise when worn out.

It is likely due to uneven rotor. Go round your rotor & when check whether got flat spot or not.

Thanks ! At least not critical, can wait till next month then check when i do my servicing at BOSS

Donkey Kong;963137 said:

i have half a mind to do that too...if the price drop significantly like > 20 %

Price of your trade in car will drop drastically too. So sama sama one

try gearbox reset then see how ?

naan1974;966877 said:

relaxed;967158 said:
Price of your trade in car will drop drastically too. So sama sama one

Don't be surprised if 2nd hand cars dealers offer to trade in your 5.5 yr old car near its paper value.

Passat57;967566 said:
Don't be surprised if 2nd hand cars dealers offer to trade in your 5.5 yr old car near its paper value.

Serious? Back to paper value car era again when every used car is only worth its scrap + coe rebate...but again those were the 10k coe days where buying a new car is so cheap that the used cars are worthless I thought?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uk88menu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back