E90 engine oil leak experience

Re: E90 engine oil leak experience

Sorry guys.. Bro Wesley booked the headlights Liao...

LuvVanos;930974 said:
View attachment 44652View attachment 44653View attachment 44654
Hey guys,

Since we are on this. I will trade in my car soon. Anyone keen in this very OEM looking Depo modified projector headlights I bought from Jlevi StreetWerks? It cost me US $514.85 (include shipping). It was bought/installed last year. It passed the Viacom inspection. I will sell together with the LED daytime running lights I installed at McWell. All for $300 (we can go to your appointed workshop and do the swap, you will have to cover the labor though) :chinese:.

Let me know if any of you is keen?

donworks;929409 said:
For those with White smoke caused by leaking oil seals, typical part required to fix include:(w/o labour of course)

1) S$22.00 - Oil Sump Gasket X 01 PN:11137511224
2)S$ 20.00 - Flywheel Oil Seal X 01 PN:11117511396
3)S$2.00 x 16 pces (S$32.00) - Value Seal X 16 Pces PN:11347505417
4) S$12.00 - Torque Converter Seal PN:24317519352

Grand total Parts Cost: S$92.02 (GST Included) - Eng Soon PL

Hope above help.....

Probably the "1st" not-so-pleasant incident with Francis. This repair did on one of my friend's ride. Car was left over-nite last wed and collected on Friday afternoon for the above original replacement parts, and the bill came up to whopping RM2K. Other essential parts replacement was done without informing owner, that i find a bit un-pro. Only to be presented with the bill. Friend paid anyway and collected the car. I will find out what other "parts" has been replaced. I understand Labour was mutually agreed before hand. Will do some CSI on the bill....

my friend got charged 1.8k for valve seal change labor n engine oil too. parts supply by owner. any idea how much is labor in sg?

Aiyoh.... Sigh... This is what may happen when a workshop gets popular.... Hopefully it's an isolated incident..... Anyway, how much was the agreed labour charge?

Also, bear in mind that RM2k is about SGD800... Sometimes, when we see BIG BIG numbers, we forget that it's in a different currency! LOL!

donworks;931604 said:
Probably the "1st" not-so-pleasant incident with Francis. This repair did on one of my friend's ride. Car was left over-nite last wed and collected on Friday afternoon for the above original replacement parts, and the bill came up to whopping RM2K. Other essential parts replacement was done without informing owner, that i find a bit un-pro. Only to be presented with the bill. Friend paid anyway and collected the car. I will find out what other "parts" has been replaced. I understand Labour was mutually agreed before hand. Will do some CSI on the bill....

mrball;931641 said:
my friend got charged 1.8k for valve seal change labor n engine oil too. parts supply by owner. any idea how much is labor in sg?

Parts are cheap in this case... Labour is expensive.... Not sure how much SG workshop charges.

donworks;931604 said:

I think it will be better to bring our own parts down as parts that francis supply will be more exp due to the tax. Francis always advise me to buy parts from eng soon & he will supply labour.. So far, my visits are gd as there is no bill shock as the labour price are confirm before work are carried out. There is onli once that he found out that 1 of the part is not spoil but he called me & inform me regarding it so i gave him the green light to change. For my case, he is quite professional in his work & always will check with me before any work is carry out.

The few basic steps of diagnosis, quote (labour + parts requirement), agreement by owner to proceed, then collection date/time should be pursued by BOTH the workshop and also car owner.

We as car owners have to pre-empt and also make it clear to workshop to advise us before changing any parts - if not we are not going to pay for the parts replaced w/o permission.

That said, i do have a similar experience previously at Francis but i did ask for a "general quote" prior so the price i paid was in the range given earlier.

Best to avoid a shocker bill anywhere is still to bring your own parts from Eng Soon or other stockist, and pay labour charge there.

I am certain Francis didn't do it on purpose, but given they have expanded and the workshop is getting much more popular with alot of SG bros, the attention given or communication could be impacted, but work quality wise seems to be holding up.

donworks;931604 said:

Agreed, MY parts attract 30% more. Btw you guys may not know but if you get stopped at MY customs and they see the parts you bring in are new, they will ask you to pay 30% tax on imported auto parts so try not to get stopped at the red zone.

Nonetheless, i find even with MY supplied parts (at +30% more than Eng Soon) + MY labour, the overall cost is still 20-30% cheaper than SG workshop charges.

DayDreaming;931677 said:
I think it will be better to bring our own parts down as parts that francis supply will be more exp due to the tax. Francis always advise me to buy parts from eng soon & he will supply labour.. So far, my visits are gd as there is no bill shock as the labour price are confirm before work are carried out. There is onli once that he found out that 1 of the part is not spoil but he called me & inform me regarding it so i gave him the green light to change. For my case, he is quite professional in his work & always will check with me before any work is carry out.

Can check with bro Aaron_BMW, he posted in another thread that he just did his valve seals replacement in a SG workshop few days ago. But i think it should be around this same price, but in SGD.

I was quoted RM 2k couple months ago for this valve seal operation (w/o engine oil) so 1.8k is already better than my quote, in the end i went for the full overhaul which obviously cost alot more than this.

mrball;931641 said:

i don't know you guys

but if the different is not so much, why not doing at PML with 2 years warranty

Outside PML = faster (definitely), cheaper (up to 2.5X), and maybe better (fix it right the first time)

That said, there are surely bros that prefer PML, SG sponsor workshops, or even JB workshops. To each his own :)

adam2;931738 said:
i don't know you guys

but if the different is not so much, why not doing at PML with 2 years warranty

v unpleasant experience at francis ever since they got more popular...
went in to do my oil leaks, valve seal leaks, suspension and brakes over 3 occassions..
after they did my suspension during my second visit, got lot of knocking sounds frm undercarriage..

I went back 3 times ask them to fix during my subsequent servicingx, each time francis tells me later check for me, but after that he disappears or cant b bothered.
today I made my 3rd trip in admist the crazy ch3ckpoint jam specially to ask him rectify. he took in my car for 3 hrs n said will work on it. but when I came back, I saw my car in the same location, my things inside also untouched. asked him and he said he" tested " and needs more time cause still got sound. i dunno if he indeed tried to rectify but im skeptical
what pisses me off is that he keeps trying to put off this matter and made me a joker today. .. I took cab into town with my missus today n wasted 3 hrs before cabbing back agn. not to mention being stuck at checkpoint for an hr. this is a complete waste of my time.

I think their service rly dropped since more bros visited.. rly disappointing. I may resort going bck to pml for the sound :(

my experience with PML is plesant so far

i even got to claim oil leaking issues under warranty which is done by ast owner 15 months ago

PML is about 10-20% than outside everythime i checked

for that i get 2 years warranty adn 101% geniune parts

This is exactly what we dread since this workshop started getting popular and they expanded.

I usually go in very early Sat morning like reach there just before they open at 9am and I usually avoid week-days as they get alot more local business.

Suspension sounds could be serious or just minor, i would get it look into right away in Singapore. You can try R2D if you want another independent, Dr Rod btw is also very good but unfortunately very popular here in this forum so you have to wait to see the doc.

xiaofoggy;931792 said:
v unpleasant experience at francis ever since they got more popular...
went in to do my oil leaks, valve seal leaks, suspension and brakes over 3 occassions..
after they did my suspension during my second visit, got lot of knocking sounds frm undercarriage..

I went back 3 times ask them to fix during my subsequent servicingx, each time francis tells me later check for me, but after that he disappears or cant b bothered.
today I made my 3rd trip in admist the crazy ch3ckpoint jam specially to ask him rectify. he took in my car for 3 hrs n said will work on it. but when I came back, I saw my car in the same location, my things inside also untouched. asked him and he said he" tested " and needs more time cause still got sound. i dunno if he indeed tried to rectify but im skeptical
what pisses me off is that he keeps trying to put off this matter and made me a joker today. .. I took cab into town with my missus today n wasted 3 hrs before cabbing back agn. not to mention being stuck at checkpoint for an hr. this is a complete waste of my time.

I think their service rly dropped since more bros visited.. rly disappointing. I may resort going bck to pml for the sound :(

Good to hear, it's one of the few pleasant experience I heard about PML so far.

Can i ask what year and model are you driving? :)

adam2;931796 said:
my experience with PML is plesant so far

i even got to claim oil leaking issues under warranty which is done by ast owner 15 months ago

PML is about 10-20% than outside everythime i checked

for that i get 2 years warranty adn 101% geniune parts

e90 dec06

used to top up 1l of engine oil every 3,500km :shoot:

Hmm, I had thought they would be too busy with all the new F10, F30 etc.

Guess PML is another alternative for some bros who stay near, or some bros also using Munich Auto.

adam2;931800 said:
e90 dec06

used to top up 1l of engine oil every 3,500km :shoot:

hi guys, please pm me Francis detail
my e90 now drinking oil every 1l /3000km

hope to seek advise from expert.
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

therock610;918866 said:
Hi to all, i'm new to BMW & interested in this 2005 320, but there is a warning sign beside the mileage that bother me

320.jpg

Can any bro advise?

Thanks in advance

it's most likely for the low fuel~!
there is nothing wrong

wilson20;931915 said:
hi guys, please pm me Francis detail
my e90 now drinking oil every 1l /3000km

hope to seek advise from expert.
thank you

You've got PM! 1Ltr every 3000km.... Hmm.... somehow, something tells me that PML's gonna say it's NORMAL... LOL!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelissaChambers

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back