E90 engine oil leak experience

Re: E90 engine oil leak experience

donworks;931604 said:
Probably the "1st" not-so-pleasant incident with Francis. This repair did on one of my friend's ride. Car was left over-nite last wed and collected on Friday afternoon for the above original replacement parts, and the bill came up to whopping RM2K. Other essential parts replacement was done without informing owner, that i find a bit un-pro. Only to be presented with the bill. Friend paid anyway and collected the car. I will find out what other "parts" has been replaced. I understand Labour was mutually agreed before hand. Will do some CSI on the bill....

Managed to CSI on the invoice as follows:

L/C for replacing Oil Sump Gasket, valve seals, Flywheel oil seal, Fan belt tensioner bearing (non consulted), Front Mounting (non consulted) & Water Housing (non consulted) RM1,500.00

Water Housing RM85.00
Absorber Mounting Front RM125.00
Fan Belt Tensioner Bearing RM125.00
Coolant 1.5l RM55.00
Car Wash RM9.00

Total: RM2,024.00 = S$826.00 (excluding parts fr ES S$92.00 - Oil Sump Gasket, Valve seals, Flywheel oil seal)
Grand Damage Total: S$918.00

donworks;933016 said:

L/C for replacing Oil Sump Gasket, valve seals, Flywheel oil seal, Fan belt tensioner bearing (non consulted), Front Mounting (non consulted) & Water Housing (non consulted) RM1,500.00

Water Housing RM85.00
Coolant 1.5l RM55.00
Car Wash RM9.00

Total: RM2,024.00 = S$826.00 (excluding parts fr ES S$92.00 - Oil Sump Gasket, Valve seals, Flywheel oil seal)

Do I need to send in my car for Francis check first then he will instruct me what to buy and where to buy?

RM 400 out of the 2k not too bad after all. Those items are normal wear and tear parts.

donworks;933016 said:

Water Housing RM85.00
Coolant 1.5l RM55.00
Car Wash RM9.00

How long did it take to locate the problem?

xiaofoggy;932983 said:
nope bro I work ij town haha. jus to update, the guys at francis' finally found out theproblem. its a broken exhaust silencer. glad im able to move on after 1 mth of irritating cabin noise. now to head to fong Kim to fix it :)

You may do that, and go twice (1st time to diagnose, then 2nd time to install).

skyfranz;933058 said:
Do I need to send in my car for Francis check first then he will instruct me what to buy and where to buy?

canuck78;933092 said:
You may do that, and go twice (1st time to diagnose, then 2nd time to install).

Thanks bro...this is what I think so...if not how would he know hor..

canuck78;933088 said:
RM 400 out of the 2k not too bad after all. Those items are normal wear and tear parts.

Yes. I find it fair too. Labour is about S$600, attended by at least the malay + chinese boy....and turn around time....

canuck78;933090 said:
How long did it take to locate the problem?

they took abt 15 min to diagnose.. so its quite obvious that previously they bo chap hahaha... but today finally got it settled at fong Kim and back to a happy ride!

Good to hear the problem is resolved.

This type of workshop good thing is that you can watch exactly what they do to your car.

But it's true they are getting more popular and standards bound to slip-up.

xiaofoggy;933168 said:
they took abt 15 min to diagnose.. so its quite obvious that previously they bo chap hahaha... but today finally got it settled at fong Kim and back to a happy ride!

Cheaper than SG for sure lol

donworks;933106 said:
Yes. I find it fair too. Labour is about S$600, attended by at least the malay + chinese boy....and turn around time....

canuck78;933173 said:
Cheaper than SG for sure lol

of coz must be significant cheaper la
if only save $50-$100 anyone want to travel to jb and leave car overnight for big repair? taxi already how much.

Taxi fare both ways enough for me to pump one full tank of v-power, so I took bus + MRT, both ways :shoot: That's a first for me!

wt_know;933194 said:
of coz must be significant cheaper la
if only save $50-$100 anyone want to travel to jb and leave car overnight for big repair? taxi already how much.

HI! anyone going to see Francis in JB? Let me know I like to come along. It will be nice to go with someone who is familiar with Francis.

Cheers!

GTIbm;903565 said:
Went to look for Francis yesterday, brought my own spark plug and air filter. He did a check on my engine for oil leak and found the problem. Will be making a appointment with him to do up the leakage. Whole day job. Overall felt that he is very knowledgeable. As usual all BM's in the shop except 2 mini. One Spore car doing a major service to his air con. Upz for the lobang introduced by propertyhans!

Hello wrx2.0, will really appreciate if you an pm me Francis' contact and address in JB. Thanks.

Bro, I have 2006 e90 too facing oil leaking prob.. Can see visible oil on the silver ridge next to engine collecting it.. Went to change the vacuum pump leaking even worse.. Can share the JB workshop details? How long did it take at JB to fix ur oil leak prob? Tks in advance for your guidance. Fr The Beemer rookie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latemarriage
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back