Federal Tyres

Re: Federal Tyres

The grip for the RS in the dry is just out of this world. Can feel like my suspension will give way before the RS do. haha

But in the wet...i can't say much about it. so so only.

so how much do the RS cost and what's the thread wear like?

BlackStealth;176566 said:
The grip for the RS in the dry is just out of this world. Can feel like my suspension will give way before the RS do. haha

But in the wet...i can't say much about it. so so only.

Yup...cant get the best of both worlds. I guess the thread pattern kinda tells anyone that it'll compromise on the wet for sure.

Heard there will be new series of RS coming out...HARDER side walls!

louis;176593 said:

What size you running on?

Thread wear if i am not wrong should be lesser than the normal 595 series which is rated at 240...the RS perhaps should be about 180 to 200.

Someone correct me please.

louis;178063 said:
using 225/45/17

If i can recall correctly (i could be wrong) the prices are like this:

595 - Not more than S$130 a pc
RS - Not more than S$200 a pc

Gotta check again.

Thanks MazzyMan, sounds like a good deal indeed. gonna talk to hankook and see what they have to offer in comparison.

cheers

louis;176593 said:
Hi Louis,
I paid about $1.2k for 235/ 265 set up on the 18" . Thread wear at 180 .
Cheersss

Louis, give Jackson a call 6285 1625, I was there a couple of days back with some Mazda groupie. There is a SS595 EVO which is a deriavation of the SS595 with centre bridge and is supposed to be less noisy. It cost more than the SS though.

Happy Lunar New year to you. Errrr.. which reminds me, to call after Thursday.

jawzsg;178379 said:
Louis, give Jackson a call 6285 1625, I was there a couple of days back with some Mazda groupie. There is a SS595 EVO which is a deriavation of the SS595 with centre bridge and is supposed to be less noisy. It cost more than the SS though.

Happy Lunar New year to you. Errrr.. which reminds me, to call after Thursday.

thanks for the tip, but tire noise has never been a concern of mine to be honest.

louis;178506 said:
thanks for the tip, but tire noise has never been a concern of mine to be honest.

I have the same thingy about noise too...i dun really care...afterall i drive a tin can so noise ain't going to make a diff.

:):)

chickenbackside;178513 said:
Go for the 595RS for superb dry grip. Sticky compound. Only for sizes under 18"....

I have been talking to the boss a lot and trying to get him to bring in 19" RS for the benefit of a lot of users.

MazzyMan;178518 said:
I have been talking to the boss a lot and trying to get him to bring in 19" RS for the benefit of a lot of users.

I am just waiting for the day it happens. Hopefully the price stays ultra competitive below the $300 mark, otherwise defeats the purpose.

Sportmaxx are only $320 and are very good in the dry and much better than the RS in the wet...

chickenbackside;178519 said:
I am just waiting for the day it happens. Hopefully the price stays ultra competitive below the $300 mark, otherwise defeats the purpose.

Sportmaxx are only $320 and are very good in the dry and much better than the RS in the wet...

Seriously is Sportmaxx that good? I have be doubtful of them for a long time now. Feel that they are over rated tires.

BTW...how come so cheap for 19" ah?

They are good for the price. Just like the 595RS.

In the dry, Sportmaxx cannot fight with 595RS. In the wet, 595RS cannot fight with Sportmaxx.

Sportmaxx prices have always been around there for 235/35/19. One of the cheapest UHP tyres around... So Federal better price themselves properly...

xkrim3;181967 said:
:) me selling my 595rs. details here

muahahaha...
I hv one for sale too:lol2:

chickenbackside;178531 said:
They are good for the price. Just like the 595RS.

In the dry, Sportmaxx cannot fight with 595RS. In the wet, 595RS cannot fight with Sportmaxx.

Sportmaxx prices have always been around there for 235/35/19. One of the cheapest UHP tyres around... So Federal better price themselves properly...

Dun think they will price their tires higher than the market...they know where they stand and its kinda like their focus to price it "right".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9tools
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back