Federal Tyres

Re: Federal Tyres

jinooi;415551 said:
yup, they're 18" staggered, exactly the same size you are looking for.

really hah... okie okie will ask him about it..

kum sia...

we will be paying him a visit tomorrow at about 2pm.

drop by if you want to get infected...

Federal ....way to go mate........................................................

bo bian, got the take my son to visit my parent sduring weekends..
anyway, my friend seah was there, the one doing the engine mount and airbox insulation.

hi maki maki, can elaborate more on federal 595? like to hear more reviews. What sizes are you on?

Federal 595, 225/45/17 All round.
The best tires for money i've known so far. when i go to 18", i'll be using Federals again

Datalogs from two identical car models with both running in similar conditions at Sepang track, show the Federal 595SS and 595Evo generating peak forces equal to that of similarly sized Bridgestone RE050 - both at the same inflation pressure. The RE050 is a good tire in the same street tire class, yet the Federals cost about half - at least in the 17" 225 - 255mm range.

Samuel Tan See Teng;415637 said:
bo bian, got the take my son to visit my parent sduring weekends..
anyway, my friend seah was there, the one doing the engine mount and airbox insulation.

hi maki maki, can elaborate more on federal 595? like to hear more reviews. What sizes are you on?

i've been on several brands in e past n mostly 18" n 19".......currently on front 235/30/19 & rear 275/35/19 ..........595 gives me reasonable grip on both dry n wet conditions....... very minimal slip off on dry even when sharp bends r negotiated.....

i do not track n not able to give feed back on tracking performance rating.......but, i do quite hard corners (when wifey not in car) :lol2: ......... will have to say tat 595 gives me more than satisfying results....... on wet roads, it definitely gives me more confidence as compared to my previous brands (not so good to mention names in open)

overall, more than value for money if u compare apple to apple......(imho, even better than some durians if both performance n $ value is taken into consideration) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

btw, is not as noisy as mentioned by some others......i personally feel tat no reasonably good tires r quiet.....especially after some miles clogged n thanks to BMW.....their sound proofing r pretty effective on the rides........

hope tis helps in making decision......Cheers

+1

:) :) :)

Ascendant Motorsport;415683 said:
Datalogs from two identical car models with both running in similar conditions at Sepang track, show the Federal 595SS and 595Evo generating peak forces equal to that of similarly sized Bridgestone RE050 - both at the same inflation pressure. The RE050 is a good tire in the same street tire class, yet the Federals cost about half - at least in the 17" 225 - 255 range.

and the best thing about it is that even when it starts to lose grip, it's progressive and lets you know. unlike some other brands - one minute you're ok, the next minute your car is out of control.

the only down side is that it may be slightly heavier. ask rodney :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

on the other hand, it's more than worth the extra weight especially when used for daily driving - most of us are on stock rims anyway, which are a bit heavier.

and the treadwear is 260 if i remember correctly. so it doesn't wear out as fast as some other tyres i've used.

all in all, you probably won't notice it. they don't even affect my FC.

go try it out and post your comments. where else can you find a brand new set of low profile performance tyres in staggered configuration for less than $1k?

makimaki;415697 said:
i've been on several brands in e past n mostly 18" n 19".......currently on front 235/30/19 & rear 275/35/19 ..........595 gives me reasonable grip on both dry n wet conditions....... very minimal slip off on dry even when sharp bends r negotiated.....

i do not track n not able to give feed back on tracking performance rating.......but, i do quite hard corners (when wifey not in car) :lol2: ......... will have to say tat 595 gives me more than satisfying results....... on wet roads, it definitely gives me more confidence as compared to my previous brands (not so good to mention names in open)

overall, more than value for money if u compare apple to apple......(imho, even better than some durians if both performance n $ value is taken into consideration) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

btw, is not as noisy as mentioned by some others......i personally feel tat no reasonably good tires r quiet.....especially after some miles clogged n thanks to BMW.....their sound proofing r pretty effective on the rides........

hope tis helps in making decision......Cheers

thanks makimaki. it helps.

thanks jinooi, will be at r2d on this thurs evening to be brew poisonous tonic.. care to join.. no obligation.

Hi Samuel, I am about the first bimmer using Federal as I order 2 sets 595 on the day of their official launch here in SG. All I can say is for that $$$, I couldn't really buy anything better. In term of grip, I would say it beats the Yoko ES100 on the dry and without a question on the wet.

They do become noisy after a short while and I change them like within 12-15 months interval without track days. Would change them after around 3 track days if I go monthly as I did before.

Since then Federal has change hand in term of distributorship and I no longer had preferencial rates. Also the current dealer no longer bring in the 92W version as I always get those from the previous dealer. Now my freaking front are the pesky 91V 225s while my rear are still "W" 245s. I have managed to get some PR done with the existing dealer and will be getting my usual "W" front but need to place order 3 months in advance.

Hope the info helps.

+1

camel came out of hiding? :nehnehhh:

jawzsg;416118 said:
Hi Samuel, I am about the first bimmer using Federal as I order 2 sets 595 on the day of their official launch here in SG. All I can say is for that $$$, I couldn't really buy anything better. In term of grip, I would say it beats the Yoko ES100 on the dry and without a question on the wet.

They do become noisy after a short while and I change them like within 12-15 months interval without track days. Would change them after around 3 track days if I go monthly as I did before.

Since then Federal has change hand in term of distributorship and I no longer had preferencial rates. Also the current dealer no longer bring in the 92W version as I always get those from the previous dealer. Now my freaking front are the pesky 91V 225s while my rear are still "W" 245s. I have managed to get some PR done with the existing dealer and will be getting my usual "W" front but need to place order 3 months in advance.

Hope the info helps.

maxis1234;416155 said:
hi bimians! any difference in performance between 595 and 535? have a good one everybody!!

535 are normal tyres, not sport category.

jinooi;416231 said:
+1

camel came out of hiding? :nehnehhh:

:nehnehhh: ... long time no see bro. kekekeekek...

jawzsg;416118 said:

Hope the info helps.

Thanks bro, i guess given their nature as drift tyres, it can be short lived... nevertheless, they are competitive $$$.

Many Thanks.

dude, i don't know how to say this, but here goes...

the SS is a high performance street tyre, and the RS is a semi-slick tyre more suitable for drifting. they are very different and pls don't mix them up.

the federal ss lasts quite a long time imho. i am entitled to a POV as i have tried them.

either get them, or don't...
but pls don't make assumptions based on what you don't know :juggle:

Samuel Tan See Teng;416383 said:
Thanks bro, i guess given their nature as drift tyres, it can be short lived... nevertheless, they are competitive $$$.

Many Thanks.

jinooi;416449 said:
dude, i don't know how to say this, but here goes...

the SS is a high performance street tyre, and the RS is a semi-slick tyre more suitable for drifting. they are very different and pls don't mix them up.

the federal ss lasts quite a long time imho. i am entitled to a POV as i have tried them.

either get them, or don't...
but pls don't make assumptions based on what you don't know :juggle:

make assumptions.. dont think so...kekeke..

see attachment the brochures for Federals tyres and there is a statement on the 595 that says:
"Slight technical changes have been made by FTC to the tire to suit the purposes and take the abuse of drifting competition"

there are 2 different types of 595 - the SS and the RS.

read properly lah...

yup.. i am talking about the 595ss.

dude, i don't know what you have against federal, nor do i have any vested interest, nor am i defending my choice in tyres just because i am using them.

i just know that you have either selective inattention, or choose to ignore the most important part of the statement, which leads to misinformation which tends to mislead people...

here's the statement in full:-

"Federal’s extremely successful UHP, the former SS595, has been repositioned and renamed simply as the 595. Slight technical changes have been made by FTC to the tire to suit the purposes and take the abuse of drifting competition."

there's a difference between the 595 and the SS595. and the difference has been made bold and in red for your easy comprehension.

like i said, either get them, or don't. i don't care...

but pls do not make assumptions on what you choose to ignore!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back