Federal Tyres

Re: Federal Tyres

Wah...so many selling their RS?

yah! why so bros many selling their RS? I love mine and will buy the next set RS also. They aint that good on the wet. But hey, i never drive hard nor fast when wet!!

Jack, royce, why why why?

MazzyMan;182125 said:
Wah...so many selling their RS?

des... there`s nothin wrong with the rs. they will grip for 5, 6 laps per round. we are just eyeing other stuff. and in my case, i`ve still got a set of ps2 for street

M_POW3R;186865 said:
looks like ders a better catch.. care to share wad isit?

what do you want them for? street, track, streetable track or trackable street? there`s always a `better catch` if you are willing to pay more :)

just to list a few:

track
pilot sport cup, ao48m, nt01, r888

streetable track
595rs, ao48mh (a bit loud), nt555r

trackable street
rt615, re01 (these can take track abuse well) , r1r

street
ps2, the most $ensible

i think RT615 is well above 595RS...

and don't forget the newest Track tire.. RE55S... swee swee grooves..

The Potenza RE55 is coming to Spore according to SE Tires guys.
The tire maker is now studying which compound suits our weather conditions.
Just like the AO48MH for Sepang use. The Medium AO48 is PI only.

Kiddy,
RT615 is in the same class at 595RS but in my experience, RT615 is more superior.

TripleM;187045 said:
The Potenza RE55 is coming to Spore according to SE Tires guys.
The tire maker is now studying which compound suits our weather conditions.
Just like the AO48MH for Sepang use. The Medium AO48 is PI only.

Kiddy,
RT615 is in the same class at 595RS but in my experience, RT615 is more superior.

nice.. looking forward to seein the RE55 on our shore soon...

yes, the RT615 is indeed far more superior than 595RS.. that's why this is going to be my next "street" tires... :)

xkrim3;186880 said:
what do you want them for? street, track, streetable track or trackable street? there`s always a `better catch` if you are willing to pay more :)

just to list a few:

track
pilot sport cup, ao48m, nt01, r888

streetable track
595rs, ao48mh (a bit loud), nt555r

trackable street
rt615, re01 (these can take track abuse well) , r1r

street
ps2, the most $ensible

hahah ok now i catch your point .thx for the info btw

Oh btw...told this to some guys already...Federal is coming out with new RS (harder side wall) and a semi slick FZ201...should be something to consider for tracking.

I was told sometime in the middle of this year.

Hi Ppl,

I am planning to upsize from 17" to 18" for my ride, 318 e46, staggered. 225-40-18f and 255-35-18r

Now doing some research on the suitable tyres. I have check the Federal website for 595ss and came across this thread about Federal tyres and hope you guys can share your review rating (1 - 10) on the Federal tyres in terms of the following :

Dry grip:
Dry conering:
Wet grip:
Wet cornering:
Braking:
Steering feedback:
Comfort:
Noise:

Million Thanks...

samuel, go get yours from rod.

his are staggered too and he intends to sell his. brand new - less than 1000kms. just got it but he feels it's too heavy. kekekeke...

i'm on federals, good value for $$$. especially when they're for your daily drive.

can't give you the scores, as it is really not comparing apples to apples, but it's almost in the performance tyre category, but not price-wise.

jeff and i have driven at 140kmh+ on nsh in the rain on federals, whilst 'playing' with other cars... just an example of how good these tyres are - not asking you to try doing the same thing (we're a bit crazy lah)...

jinooi;415344 said:
samuel, go get yours from rod.

his are staggered too and he intends to sell his. brand new - less than 1000kms. just got it but he feels it's too heavy. kekekeke...

i'm on federals, good value for $$$. especially when they're for your daily drive.

can't give you the scores, as it is really not comparing apples to apples, but it's almost in the performance tyre category, but not price-wise.

jeff and i have driven at 140kmh+ on nsh in the rain on federals, whilst 'playing' with other cars... just an example of how good these tyres are - not asking you to try doing the same thing (we're a bit crazy lah)...

oh.. his potenza R001R, i think its too heavy, ever try handling it at tyres shop.. but likes the rubber, very sticky...

hmmm.. maybe i can sell him my F1 Asym, staggered too, 17"... definitely lighter.. but lose to Conti and PS

federal price is super attractive...

errhh.. how would you compare the federals to ?? i am sure you driven others tyres before..

somehow i feel that symmetrical tyres are very good in rain.. and also grip too..no wonder 140 on nsh

my wife's ford laser on nexen 2000, damn cheap and decent grip, better than stock NCT3, and grips even better in rain.. for me only setback is soft sidewall, body roll during sharp cornering..

i am contemplating on st115 too. driven used ones on my previous e36 on 215/45/17, damn good grip, low noise, safe in the rain, and hit the expressway exit at high speed without braking. but dont get to heard much about st115 in the forum..

hmm.. or should i go for the advan sport, csc3, ps2, etc...

only thing is Feds dun last very long and they is noisy. had em on the E30. starts off very nice and grippy but the rubber seems to start becoming harder and stiffer along the way with wet grip not that super and noisy. fun while it last.

Michelin PS2s FTW...
nex tyres i'll be going for after the PS2s are the Goodyear F1 Asyms.

how long have you driven on the federals before it becomes harder and less performing?

do not deny that federals were crap previously and the impression is 'it's made in taiwan so there's a limit to how good it can be'.

but the quality has improved quite a bit. i'm a fussy bastard, and i feel that it's quite alright - cent for cent in comparison to better european and jap brands.

i've even used them on the track and must say that i was impressed.

i've been using them for about a year now, and it's still going strong.

when rod heard that you're interested samuel, he's offered to sell them to you at a fantastic price. asked you to call him or nadia for details.

jinooi,

rod's tyres are for 17', i planning to upgrade to 18"

cheers.

Samuel Tan See Teng;415405 said:
jinooi,

rod's tyres are for 17', i planning to upgrade to 18"

cheers.

Bro, Rod's tyres are for 18".

yup, they're 18" staggered, exactly the same size you are looking for.

C3P0;415494 said:
Bro, Rod's tyres are for 18".

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back