• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

GB: iPod/iPhone Y-Cable for BMW

Re: GB: iPod/iPhone Y-Cable for BMW

hi - weird, i just plugged my old ipod into the USB port using the standard cable i use to connect to my PC and it seems to work (aux is not plugged in). I can control from idrive. What is the additional Aux line for then

fubaro;548531 said:
hi - weird, i just plugged my old ipod into the USB port using the standard cable i use to connect to my PC and it seems to work (aux is not plugged in). I can control from idrive. What is the additional Aux line for then

Hi Fubaro,

By the way, which model are you driving?

I just got my F10. I am also curious why y-cable is needed. Shouldn't it be either aux or usb? If you use aux, you won't be able to control from idrive. If you use usb, you should be able to control from idrive.

Anyone can confirm?

Regards,

Rags

got audio out from only usb instead of aux?

from my understanding is audio from aux, data control from usb

F10 too. I have no idea why you need 2 cables at all. Seems to work fine with my old USB plug

fubaro;553174 said:
F10 too. I have no idea why you need 2 cables at all. Seems to work fine with my old USB plug

Weird. I am using iPhone 3G. I tried out the following options:

1) Aux cable - can play music from iPhone but cannot select songs from iDrive.
2) USB cable that comes with iPhone - only charging, cannot play music at all.

Now, I need a cable that allows me to play and select songs and works with iPhone 4.0. Will the y-cable from BMW works with iPhone 4.0?

Any guru can give some advice on which is the best cable (brand and model) to use?

sharps;553163 said:
got audio out from only usb instead of aux?

from my understanding is audio from aux, data control from usb

Sharps, I think you are right. Audio from aux and data control from usb. My problem now is the USB that comes with iPhone will only allow charging but cannot play and select songs from iDrive. Maybe that's why the y-cable is required.

u need to get the y cable, those days i aredi tried with the standard cable, kenot pakai one

Hi,

I would like to get the Y cable. Anyone doing a collective order?

Mparade

HI people, anyone still has spares of this item? Or anyone knows where i can get it cheap? 170 moolah for such a cable is frigging insane! DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!!!!!

Hi,

Anyone know where we can get this Y cable other than from PML? Or maybe TS can start another GB for us newbies..:)

artemis76;557975 said:
Hi,

Anyone know where we can get this Y cable other than from PML? Or maybe TS can start another GB for us newbies..:)

Agree with that!

Hi,
Just to share,
I just bought this cable from ebay(HK) for usd11.99, shipping around usd5,
BMW iPOD CABLE iDRIVE ADAPTER USB & AUX MINI OEM NEW

My ride,
E90, LCI, 318i, non idrive

Tested and work on the followings,can control via head unit and charge at the same time..
1:iPod nano, old model, non colour version,
2:iPhone, 1st generation,

Doesn't work on my current iPhone 3GS,
Will try it out on the new generation of iPod n update the results.

You can search for this item number (#260631254876) in eBay Singapore - Buy or sell practically anything on eBay, the world's online marketplace if the link doesn't work

260631254876 ? great value and good deals on eBay.com.sg

I just ordered this:
eBay.com.sg: BMW MINI USB AUX CABLE CONNECTOR CHARGE ALL IPHONE IPOD (item 290447887638 end time Jul 23, 2010 16:45:40 SGT)

Seller claims it works for iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs and even 4g. Will try if it works for the iphone 3gs and update here.

dennistan07;559489 said:
Hi,
Just to share,
I just bought this cable from ebay(HK) for usd11.99, shipping around usd5,
BMW iPOD CABLE iDRIVE ADAPTER USB & AUX MINI OEM NEW

My ride,
E90, LCI, 318i, non idrive

Tested and work on the followings,can control via head unit and charge at the same time..
1:iPod nano, old model, non colour version,
2:iPhone, 1st generation,

Doesn't work on my current iPhone 3GS,
Will try it out on the new generation of iPod n update the results.

You can search for this item number (#260631254876) in eBay Singapore - Buy or sell practically anything on eBay, the world's online marketplace if the link doesn't work

260631254876 ? great value and good deals on eBay.com.sg

Precursor;561801 said:
Got the same and it charges + plays music very well with the iPhone 3GS. Only problem is that I am not able to control via head unit so it's pretty irritating.

Just received mine, am playing with it in the car now. It charges my iPhone 3GS and I have full control of the songs on the idrive. Works on my 1st generation iPod nano too. Cheap and good solution for me.

skip;561805 said:
Just received mine, am playing with it in the car now. It charges my iPhone 3GS and I have full control of the songs on the idrive. Works on my 1st generation iPod nano too. Cheap and good solution for me.

Do you switch it to AUX or is it recognized as an ipod? My non idrive E90 doesn't seem to recognize it at all, have to switch it to AUX to get music to play but without steering controls :(

Precursor;562042 said:
Do you switch it to AUX or is it recognized as an ipod? My non idrive E90 doesn't seem to recognize it at all, have to switch it to AUX to get music to play but without steering controls :(

Yes I switch to aux on the idrive and it recognizes it as an iPod. Steering wheel controls work too Works for both iPhone 3GS and iPod nano. Will try it with iPhone 4 if I manage to get one this Friday.

Precursor;561801 said:
Got the same and it charges + plays music very well with the iPhone 3GS. Only problem is that I am not able to control via head unit so it's pretty irritating.

Hi has anyone tried this with e90 320i pre-fl non-idrive with the latest iphone 4g? Can it charge + play & control using wheel controls?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back