Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

Re: Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

wt_know;965722 said:
210,000km milleage and if the gearbox had never been overhauled, then probably it's time liao ... too bad
i think new gearbox about $8k-$9k+ and recon/major gearbox overhaul about $4k-$5k

my car left 2½ year , should I just use the recon gearbox ?

can't comment ... better check with the workshop for a cheap&good solution since your car left with 2.5 years lifespan only

samler;965801 said:
my car left 2½ year , should I just use the recon gearbox ?

Thks Aaron for the advice, i went to WS today and got all my problems solved. No more gearbox problems while shifting of gears and jerking is all done up. got my soleniods change, 9L of ATF topped, upgraded software and reset, and new oil trays as well. they explained to me the issuses and got it settled in 3hrs slotting me in even tho its totally packed today :) thk you all otther bros here that gave me advices as well :)))

good to hear that. so change solenoids + atf flush incl change of oil pan & filter
now gearbox is silky smooth yeah:D

rellik;966322 said:
Thks Aaron for the advice, i went to WS today and got all my problems solved. No more gearbox problems while shifting of gears and jerking is all done up. got my soleniods change, 9L of ATF topped, upgraded software and reset, and new oil trays as well. they explained to me the issuses and got it settled in 3hrs slotting me in even tho its totally packed today :) thk you all otther bros here that gave me advices as well :)))

Aaron_BMW;965747 said:
to replace the whole gear box is a short cut to solve your problem.
just like asking you to replace car if there is a problem.
for ur case, i guess/believe just replace soleniod should be able to solve the problem PLUS reset the gear box
or the clutch system in worse case.
please seek other workshop advises

hi Aaron
can let me know the workshop contact
thanks

woo hoo.. done mine, everything is back to smooth smooth .. thank you Aaron

please share what was done (itemise) and overall spent
thanks!

nicknags;966964 said:

Replace Valve Solenioid Set - 9pcs
Replace Auto Transmission oil
Replace Transmission Oi pan with Filter

Damage : $1750

nicknags;966964 said:

Hi Nick,

Anyway,I've got my valvebody,solenoid,oil pan & atf transmisson renew.
Feeling satisfied without the jerking prob & smoother upshifting :)

Regards,
Bernard

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernard

You can ask Aaron for the contacts since he started the thread, I did mine from another workshop but Aaron pointed me towards what should be done and roughly what is price

Bernardkoh;967107 said:
Hi Aaron & Nicknags.

I'm new in this forum.My ride E60 523I & I'm also facing the jerking problems when stopping on traffic other then that was perfectly fine.
Can u kindly pm me with the workshop changing gearbox solenoid which u guys get the jerking problems solved & damage?? Thanks alot !

Regards,
Bernard

guys,
please PM me if I had missed out any of your questions.

Hi Aaron, which work shop u go can share?

Bmw38;981764 said:
Hi Aaron, which work shop u go can share?

ok, PM u now,

for faster response, please PM me to PM u back :)

U can also try Round motor. They quote slightly lower price.

Hi Aaron, can you please pm the workshop and damage? If bring own parts would they do it for you?
Thanks in advance.

bme60;983707 said:
Hi Aaron, can you please pm the workshop and damage? If bring own parts would they do it for you?
Thanks in advance.

Ok, PM u now

noskcaj;986087 said:
Very Helpful Information....

noskcaj;986087 said:
Very Helpful Information....

Hi all and thaks for all your input on this gearbox problem that I tought it was rare.

My problem is the same as all of you with slight diferences.

ENGINE COLD (no warming up engine): No jerk problem when coming to a stop but delays the gear change from 1st to 2nd ONE TIME ONLY

ENGINE WARM (warm the engine before driving): No problem at all, all down and up shifts good

ENGINE WARMER (10-15 min city driving): Jerking problem when coming to a stop everytime and starts from very little to harder. Aleatory shifting and downshifting delay, barely noticeable.

ENGINE WARMER (highway driving): NO problems at all, I could drive for hours with no issues UNTIL I got to a stop then I will get a hard downshitf from 2nd to 1st.

If I leave the car up or downhill for more than 20 minutes... the first gear shift kicks one time only.

I tought there was a leak at the Mechatronic sleeve so I changed it myself with new Oil and Pan. Problem still the same.

MY TOUGHTS:

Since the problem seems to be related to temperature or movement of the oil transmission, I think that probably I didnt fill up enough oil (I followed all the directions to top it) its seems that the problem shows up when the oil reach all gears. When I check the oil level its fine I cant fill up more.

I really need help to fix this problem that is driving me nuts!

I can go ahead and order the selenoids but do I need to reprogram the mechatronic after that? or is just plug and play? I live in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and the closest dealer is 1,500 miles away so I have to do it myself but I have no way to program or reflash it.

I prefer not to change the whole body since its $1,500 plus $500 core. Solenoids are only $500 and my time.

Thanks for your recomendations and toughts.

Best Regards

This is a great discussion. Aaron has been my E90 encyclopedia since I got my ride :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back