How many of you thinking of switching to Mercedes

Re: How many of you thinking of switching to Mercedes

the new e class very nice lei

Terry;507509 said:
the new e class very nice lei

My friend who's a Merc fan says the rear looks like Sonata leh. lol

Anyway, the thought of switching to Merc never crossed my mind. Even though I grew up on Mercs.

Breyton;507586 said:
My friend who's a Merc fan says the rear looks like Sonata leh. lol

+1 on the looks of the rear

rear sucks !! the front looks nice.

i went for the merc defensive driving course. their electronics r better than bmw. safety issues like dtc dsc etc all very effective. just that the driving feel is dead. the onyl merc i ever considered buying was the B200 turbo. currently i like the e-class coupe.

E Coupe is nice....................

cheers

yeah. very solidly built

My family just went to Merc showroom last weekend to see new E-Class.. Damn nice, then 1.8 E250 perform almost like 525i but fuel consumption is comparable to no more than Civic 1.8 FD only, haven't say roadtax savings compared to 525i.. But after seeing so many years of my dad in bimmers, I see him sit in a merc like out of place.. He just dun fit the looks.. I think the drive also wouldn't be as good as 525i though..

Last edited by a moderator:

One of my colleagues just got the new E250....Promptly took it out for a test drive the other day...believe me, it definitely doesn't perform like a 523i let alone a 525.
Agree that build quality is right up there....but something just doesn't feel as right behind the wheel..

Think I will wait for the F10 before making a decision.

OK, means the salesperson bluff us.. hehe.. We haven't taken a test drive, though.. so, dunno how true the performance is.. yes, quality is up there, but i believe my dad is more towards driving performance.. But i saw one ex-YAM5er owner around my neighbourhood just switched to the new E250, recognised it by the plate S*T4444*.. That also made us give the E-class another look..

ac323;507623 said:
E Coupe is nice....................

The E Coupe is based on the shorter, C-Class platform.
Made to handle better than if it were to be built on an E-Class platform.

wheeljoust8;508071 said:
One of my colleagues just got the new E250....Promptly took it out for a test drive the other day...believe me, it definitely doesn't perform like a 523i let alone a 525.
Agree that build quality is right up there....but something just doesn't feel as right behind the wheel..

Think I will wait for the F10 before making a decision.
agreed. as far as the build and features r concern, the merc is very good, if not better. driving feel andhandling somehow is just lacking. even if merc produces an E class beyond this new model, i doubt if the handling can match the E60's.

Mercs still have stiffer controls when compared to Bimmers. Average ride experience is just kinda mechanical-like. =(

JavierK;508224 said:
Mercs still have stiffer controls when compared to Bimmers. Average ride experience is just kinda mechanical-like. =(
what do u mean by stiffer controls?

Few years back, drove my uncle's Peugeot 405 to C&C and when I told salesgirl what car I drove, she said "OMG! (with the expression of go-get-a-life)".....Thanks to her, I write off C&C totally and no regret doing it...:woowooo::woowooo:

I have so far seen 2 cars on fire on the expressway. Both are Mercedes. If the Mercedes are hot in that sense, I'll stay cool with the BMWs..........

Anyone test driven the CLK63 AMG ?

The Black Series interior is pretty comparable to the CSL but damn the premium is high.

Red_Bean_Bun;508252 said:
I have so far seen 2 cars on fire on the expressway. Both are Mercedes. If the Mercedes are hot in that sense, I'll stay cool with the BMWs..........
good one.

those that i have seen blown up are all mercs.

Actually if Merc can make a car that handles/drive as good as a BMW (model for model), then BMW will kaput. On the other hand if BMW can make a car that is as luxurious/comfortable as a Merc, then Merc will kaput.

Its been like that all these years, model after model.

won't kaput lah. just sell at different price points lor..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv388ltda
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back